Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:38 am

Shiruba wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:16 am
If this is meant to remind new readers about what happened in GNG, it's doing a terrible job. I'm hoping for more plot progression in the next chapters, even if it's the reveal of an alien.
I honestly think that Yoshihiro is just reminiscing through this manga right now, or it could also be that he uses this "stuck in cave" situation as an excuse to just create chapters with dogs retelling some old events while he is secretly plotting the story, tho that's just what I wish/hope. I highly doubt that he is actually doing that.
Have a nice day!

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:10 pm

Dragon wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:02 am
Atha wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:41 am
Wait a second. "Cross STAYED IN OOU TO HAVE BEN'S CHILDREN?" Bzuh???
I am BEGGING we're interpreting that part wrong
Please Yoshi
Erasing Yukimura's crimes is one thing, to erase Cross's achievements and title of only-female-soldier ... well, Yukimura's is arguably much worse to erase, but Cross's was a thing since the original first arc, so it's just more upsetting. :tfw_sirius2:
Okay regarding this, this is the way I interpreted the original Japanese (楽園に残っているクロスとの間に授かった息子達がここな剣と譲二だ!):

"During that time, he and Cross, who is currently staying at the Paradise, were blessed with two sons: Ken and George over here!"

So the way I see it, 楽園に残っているクロス (Cross, who's staying/stayed at the Paradise) refers to what she's doing now, not what she was doing back then, and 間に (during (that time)) refers to the "having children part", not to the "Cross staying at Paradise" part. So, unless I'm mistaken, it's saying "Cross is staying in the Paradise now and she and Ben had children during our journey", not "Cross stayed in the Paradise and had children while we were on our journey".

quick emergency edit: I just realized that could be interpreted as Gin saying Cross only had two sons and Minnie didn't exist. What he says more literally means "Ken and George over here are the sons she had during that time", so while Minnie isn't mentioned, neither does the wording explicitly suggest she's been retconned out of existence. Apologies for any confusion my choice of words may have caused.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:35 pm

Digsu wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:10 pm
Dragon wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:02 am
Atha wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:41 am
Wait a second. "Cross STAYED IN OOU TO HAVE BEN'S CHILDREN?" Bzuh???
I am BEGGING we're interpreting that part wrong
Please Yoshi
Erasing Yukimura's crimes is one thing, to erase Cross's achievements and title of only-female-soldier ... well, Yukimura's is arguably much worse to erase, but Cross's was a thing since the original first arc, so it's just more upsetting. :tfw_sirius2:
Okay regarding this, this is the way I interpreted the original Japanese (楽園に残っているクロスとの間に授かった息子達がここな剣と譲二だ!):

"During that time, he and Cross, who is currently staying at the Paradise, were blessed with two sons: Ken and George over here!"

So the way I see it, 楽園に残っているクロス (Cross, who's staying/stayed at the Paradise) refers to what she's doing now, not what she was doing back then, and 間に (during (that time)) refers to the "having children part", not to the "Cross staying at Paradise" part. So, unless I'm mistaken, it's saying "Cross is staying in the Paradise now and she and Ben had children during our journey", not "Cross stayed in the Paradise and had children while we were on our journey".

quick emergency edit: I just realized that could be interpreted as Gin saying Cross only had two sons and Minnie didn't exist. What he says more literally means "Ken and George over here are the sons she had during that time", so while Minnie isn't mentioned, neither does the wording explicitly suggest she's been retconned out of existence. Apologies for any confusion my choice of words may have caused.
Ehat I thought... Also she had her pups in Mutsu as well
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

kahooton
Potential
Potential

Post by kahooton » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:55 pm

no way we got canon Chutora art for the first time in years :P4:
~ :sniper: :john: :chutora: :akame: :tesshin: :masashige: :jerome: :masamune: :izou: ~
~ :yamabiko: :orion: :shirozaru: :andy: :kagetora: :gin: :bon: :sunny: :maru: ~
-Banner made by me

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:18 pm

kahooton wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:55 pm
no way we got canon Chutora art for the first time in years :P4:
I'm so happy. ^_^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

KremlinJill
Adviser
Adviser

Post by KremlinJill » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:26 pm

There is no aliens. The line "and soon living things will come out and adapt to this land" was meaning all the animals/humans hiding will in time have no choice but to adapt to this new world.
That's my interpretation at least.

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:35 pm

KremlinJill wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:26 pm
There is no aliens. The line "and soon living things will come out and adapt to this land" was meaning all the animals/humans hiding will in time have no choice but to adapt to this new world.
That line doesn't have anything to do with aliens.

The line that's got everyone worried (or at least very confused) is in the next chapter, where the prime minister literally says "the meteorite may have brought bacteria not seen on this Earth or extraterrestrial creatures with it".

KremlinJill
Adviser
Adviser

Post by KremlinJill » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:56 pm

Digsu wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:35 pm
KremlinJill wrote:

The line that's got everyone worried (or at least very confused) is in the next chapter, where the prime minister literally says "the meteorite may have brought bacteria not seen on this Earth or extraterrestrial creatures with it".
GAH
Thanks Digsu, I was seeing people rant about aliens in 'next chapter' in Chat and had zero idea they meant next next chapter (which isn't translated, or?) :tfw_orion2

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:03 pm

KremlinJill wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:56 pm
Digsu wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:35 pm
KremlinJill wrote:

GAH
Thanks Digsu, I was seeing people rant about aliens in 'next chapter' in Chat and had zero idea they meant next next chapter (which isn't translated, or?) :tfw_orion2
Yeah, the newest chapter (chapter 77) hasn't been translated yet. The original Japanese version of it was posted here on Thursday and discussion regarding it starts here.

Dragon
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Dragon » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:35 pm

Okay that clears everything up. Good. And Tora mentioning their actual birth location helps too. (hopefully Yoshi remembered that part)

Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator

Post by Gingastar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:10 am

Wake me up when the aliens or the zombie apocalypse as a result of the meteor arrives :derpgin:

I for real 100% genuinely would live for seeing a freaking alien or something as equally as bizarre come out of this meteor. I’m really not a fan of alien storylines or the like but an alien in Ginga would just be so out of the ball park for the Ginga Universe that I would find it legitimately interesting haha!

I would also accept a zombie apocalypse on account of the meteor hitting
Banner by me

Spirit Tree
Defender
Defender

Post by Spirit Tree » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:57 am

A friendly reminder that GDN Vol. 9 will be out Saturday, February 27, in the Japan Time Zone! :tfw_sirius3:

Any predictions on what the back cover and spine will be?
:mangariki: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel:
:sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon: :izou:
WARNING
Jyoushiro
Physically/sexually assaults puppies & flings feces at dogs! Keep away! Or better, KICK HIS ASS!

Raki
Defender
Defender

Post by Raki » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:07 am

Spirit Tree wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:57 am
A friendly reminder that GDN Vol. 9 will be out Saturday, February 27, in the Japan Time Zone! :tfw_sirius3:

Any predictions on what the back cover and spine will be?
maybe Saheiji or Yukimura?! :tfw_bella2:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

vanille

Post by vanille » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:38 pm

:smith: :gin: :jerome: :kyoushiro: :tesshin: :sasuke: :yamabiko: :rigel: :bella: :batto: :kurojaki: :teru: :terusfather: :redbull: :sahara:

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:27 pm

Thank you, Vanille!

Seems like this was a relatively uneventful chapter.
SPOILER

Spirit Tree
Defender
Defender

Post by Spirit Tree » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:53 pm

Thank you for the chapter, vanille! :bon1:

Initial reaction:
Hey that’s a nice chapter cover. Kind of wish grumpy and bad-tempered Kurotora wasn’t on it.

Oh a flashback about Akatora? No wonder Kurotora is on the cover. Nice eyeball there, Akakabuto.

So while everything is going to hell over where the Ou dogs are at, everything is calm at Futago Pass. I guess Cross and other dogs have nothing to worry about. All they have is Daisuke and Hidetoshi feeding them dog food. Sure looks like Hirota/Miho are craving for it with the tongue slurping. Cross as a “wet nurse?” Look Daisuke, I know you’ve known Cross for some time now, but have you not checked how old she is?

The storytelling from Gin continues, I see. Battougas and Battougas. “Akakabuto’s ability to move has been disabled completely.”

Look Gin, I know you’re the storyteller and that you know everything that happened in the final battle against Akakabuto, but...do you even know what the hell you’re saying? Akakabuto has no ability to move anymore after getting muscles torn? Then how the FUCK did he manage to MOVE and catch all of you by surprise and deal a fatal blow to your father before you decapitated him when you thought he was dead at first?! This just feels a little wrong here. :tfw_aokabuto2:
:mangariki: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel:
:sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon: :izou:
WARNING
Jyoushiro
Physically/sexually assaults puppies & flings feces at dogs! Keep away! Or better, KICK HIS ASS!

JazzyJazz
Comrade
Comrade

Post by JazzyJazz » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:59 pm

Can we please move on with this, how does everyone not know the story already? You'd think the remaining soldiers would tell their families after they went home and the story continued to spread ever since. This is such a waste of time in the even larger waste of time that is this entire manga.

My favorites of the Bearhound Fam:
:gin: :riki: :orion: :rigel: :bella:

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:06 pm

Spirit Tree wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:53 pm
Look Gin, I know you’re the storyteller and that you know everything that happened in the final battle against Akakabuto, but...do you even know what the hell you’re saying? Akakabuto has no ability to move anymore after getting muscles torn? Then how the FUCK did he manage to MOVE and catch all of you by surprise and deal a fatal blow to your father before you decapitated him when you thought he was dead at first?! This just feels a little wrong here. :tfw_aokabuto2:
I could understand using it as a cliffhanger... if it weren't a "twist" that the entire fandom has known for decades now. The fact it's being told by a character who knows just as well as we do how it's going to end makes it even more absurd. Though I guess Gin might be doing it to add some suspense to the story in-universe? Most of the dogs present don't know the details of what happened back then, after all.

Also I just realized that on the last page Kurotora has been colored too dark. Guess Yoshi's gotten too used to using his "young" coloration after all the flashbacks.

Shining Sirius
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Shining Sirius » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:25 pm

Oh wow, thank you for Chapter 78, vanille! I wasn't expecting it so early! :heart:

Is that white dog on the right supposed to be Akame? I don't know, something about how he's drawn just looks strange... it kind of looks more like Riki or Gin but without any of the details. Same goes for that little white head sandwiched awkwardly behind him. Edit: Since Digsu said Gin mentioned Kirikaze, but not Jinnai, I guess we can assume it's both of them on the cover? :bon3:

It's a relief to see that Cross and the others are just fine in Ohu. She especially deserves a break. :gdwcross:

Hmm, I wonder if we're going to get the version of the story where Gin doesn't decapitate Akakabuto with his battouga, or if it's going to cut to that, after Riki's death, in the next chapter. Either way, the filler is getting monotonous. :bella3:
I wonder if it's because Yoshi doesn't know where to take the story next...
Last edited by Shining Sirius on Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :akatora: :moss: :akame: :benizakura: :terry: :mangahakuro: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :hook: :jerome: :kaibutsu: :reika: :toube: :saheiji: :gdwokotetsu: :sirius: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :noah: :lonelyron: :bull: :belmond:

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:28 pm

Thanks Vanille!

These past few chapters have been quite nice, even with some inaccuracies in the retellings of past events. Just reading some simple chapters about old soldiers talking about the past is nice if you ask me. I just love looking at the pages of these old guys having a good time telling stories. After all, there isn't much else they can do.
Have a nice day!

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”