Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Jinto »

Bonisfab wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:59 pm The last wars should've really been the last wars. The name doesn't even make any sense now since GDN exist and we're about to witness yet another war. And Orion can't just beat Wanwan with a battouga because he's basically immortal so what's he going to do? Ask him to stop? :surprisegin: There's no way any of them can do any harm to Wanwan without having some powers. Well Noah can float so maybe he's supposed to fight Wanwan.

It just feels like Yoshi made a villain that's impossible to kill just to force Orion to negotiate with him. I hope it's not like that..

Agreed it should have been the last war. I'm sure WanWan can be killed some way. Maybe not at this point of the story but later
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Yoshi wanted it to end with last wars... If only he could've been able for one more volume it would have had a good ending. But nooooooo, he still needed to do more, and felt it was odd as it was the LAST Wars
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Info on Chapter 102 is now showing!

That's right! Ginga_soul is back writing Chapter summaries after a hiatus. I do have my new Android phone that can translate into English with the unreliable Google Translate. So I can at least pick up what is said.

"Monkey Village" is one of them. 👀

I think there is also a saying that Orion and his comrades are now working under the US army troops.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:42 pm "Monkey Village" is one of them. 👀
That's Nokizaru Village

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Platina
Defender
Defender

Post by Platina »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:42 pm Info on Chapter 102 is now showing!

That's right! Ginga_soul is back writing Chapter summaries after a hiatus. I do have my new Android phone that can translate into English with the unreliable Google Translate. So I can at least pick up what is said.

"Monkey Village" is one of them. 👀

I think there is also a saying that Orion and his comrades are now working under the US army troops.
Oohh, if those are true, then I'm looking forward to seeing what happens! Sounds interesting!
Platina wolf by me.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Tora wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:14 pm
Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:42 pm "Monkey Village" is one of them. 👀
That's Nokizaru Village
Oh okay. I had no idea why Google Translate called it Monkey Village until I looked it up to see that Nokizaru means..."Eaves Monkey?"
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Suetic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suetic »

Uesugi Kenshin's (the real person, not the dog) personal ninjas were called Nokizaru. They specialized climbing on the roofs hence they were called Nokizaru, "roof monkeys" or "eaves monkeys".

Noki (軒) refers to a specific type of roof section in the building, eaves, while zaru (猿) means monkey.

InstagramToyhou.seTumblrTwitter

⚡Avatar by Pikafuey.⚡
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

https://twitter.com/Nishioka_west/statu ... 14310?s=19

@Nishioka_West: Ginga Densetsu Noah Fine Spoiler Impressions: The Ou army and the US army are friends!!!!

It's official: Orion and his comrades have allied with the US army.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/sukebeaki/status/14 ... 66177?s=19

"Godzilla"

:Koyukisweat: :derpgin:
vanille
Translator
Translator

Post by vanille »

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Punctual as always, vanille! Thank you for 102! :heart:

Aww, that's so sweet that that human smuggled out food for the Ohu army! 💖

Oh, and we're finally seeing the Nokizaru dogs again. I was starting to forget about them. Woah, and that cow has had it's head ripped clean off... guess we know who's been here... oh wait, no, it's the other two Chonks... who were right in the middle of a tasty meal of their fellow dog. Yikes. :tfw_rigel2:
Last edited by Shining Sirius on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Thank you for the chapter, vanille! :bon1:

Initial reaction:
Nice chapter cover.

The US army is really busy scanning the crater. Aren't they focusing too much on that? And how come Orion and his gang are such standing by as spectators still?

Oh that US soldiers is feeding the dogs! That's very sweet of him! :tfw_bella2:

"Godzilla" ...... :derpgin:

And the helicopters just take off and leave the dogs there. Is that even a good idea to leave things unattended at a crater that had an onion made from space alien worms?

What the hell did Andy just do to Bon in that panel? And where is the gang taking off to now?

Hey it's the Nokizaru clan. Haven't seen them in a while. But damn, their village is just totally destroyed. What's with the brief flashback?

Oh God...a headless farm animal. I wonder what did tha-

...WHAT?! Beniou and Dead Chonk?! What the hell are you two dumbasses doing in that small house?!

And they drop a dog's corpse right in front of the family. Are they still grossing people out?
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Godzilla XD

Nokizaru going to a good friend of Nobushi named Goro who's a Shiba? Only to find a pig and a cow with no heads and then the Kings and their friend Goro in the mouth?

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

My ch102 thoughts:
SPOILER
I do not trust Yoshi's intentions with the Nokizaru remnants at all right now, if my suspicions come true next chapter istg- :tfw_sirius4:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Tora wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:27 pm Godzilla XD

Nokizaru going to a good friend of Nobushi named Goro who's a Shiba? Only to find a pig and a cow with no heads and then the Kings and their friend Goro in the mouth?
WHAT?! Beniou and Dead Chonk murdered a cute and innocent Shiba Inu named Goro, who had a reference to the Legend of Zelda series?! Fucking assholes!!! :tfw_sirius4:
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Thanks vanille

meh
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Here's the translation!

In which I spend an unnecessary amount of time making snarky side comments about inaccuracies regarding the depiction of US military rations.
SPOILER

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Thank you for the translation, Digsu! :bon1:

And here I go.
SPOILER
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Spirit Tree wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:03 am Of course Andy would recognize dog food since he is a former pet from Finland. Did he really ate the same food from Finland, though?
I swear that's (somehow) my biggest issue in all of this.

As I mentioned in my side comments, MREs are actual field rations used by the US army (even if the way they're depicted here is really inaccurate). Like the Sergeant (I think) says, they're "human food", but apparently it tastes and smells exactly like food Andy used to eat in Finland. Therefore, either:

1) The US military feeds its soldiers Finnish dog food while claiming it's normal food.

2) Andy's Finnish owner used to import US military rationsto use as dog food, which frankly just raises additional questions.

what are you trying to imply Yoshi :jeromeder:

quick edit: Also the dog being named Goro isn't a LoZ reference. The Goron (which I assume you're referring to) are presumably named after the onomatopoeic word "gorogoro", which is the sound of something heavy rolling, while the dog being named Goro could come from a number of different things (several words in Japanese have "goro" in them).

Nara
Potential
Potential

Post by Nara »

I think, like most dogs, Andy was occasionally given human food and that's why he recognized whatever dish the rations contained.

I kinda liked this chapter.
Beastface
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Beastface »

I wonder if Andy recognizing the food is supposed to be an obscure joke about military rations resembling dog food.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”