Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by sabrus » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:47 pm

Poor Chousuke... what a terrible way to die :tfw_sirius5:
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:12 pm

I never thanked you for your last translation, Digsu... I'll just have to give you a double Thank You this time! 💖💖

Yeah, this is the first chapter where I think I can say that I despise Beniou. When we first met him all those chapters ago, I really thought he was going to turn out to be, maybe not the smartest, but most cunning of the Chonk brothers. But no, he's just a giant, hairy anus and I don't think I've actively desired a character's death this much since Jyoushiro. Baphomet Chonk is just as demonic as his big brother. I never thought I'd be saying that Shuou is the least evil of the trio after what he did to Noah... him crunching a sweet, old man's skull seems pretty tame in comparison. :tfw_sirius1:
:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :akatora: :moss: :akame: :benizakura: :terry: :mangahakuro: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :hook: :jerome: :kaibutsu: :reika: :toube: :saheiji: :gdwokotetsu: :sirius: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :noah: :lonelyron: :bull: :belmond:

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:07 pm

How exciting!!!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3

Spirit Tree
Victor
Victor

Post by Spirit Tree » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:50 pm

Info on Chapter 104 is now showing!

Sounds like the following characters will make an appearance in this chapter:
1) Reika, Buna, Kogomi, and the little puppies. And they meet up with Akame?

2) Bob, Chibi, and Crow. Okay, are we gonna see where that one shooting star fell down at?

3) More of the Ou soldiers that we haven't seen in a while since departing from Saheiji's cave might appear as well.

Other notes:
Ginga_soul still calls Weed "General Kusa" (Lol), and ginga_soul seems to be slowly losing fascination for GDN. Can't blame them.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners, avatar & sprite by GSDJohn

vanille
Recruit
Recruit

Post by vanille » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:18 pm

Chapter 104 🤩
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

These last few chapters have actually been interesting! I like the chapter image too
And Crow is showing some strong emotional expressions! I like how he's drawn here
:smith: :gin: :jerome: :kyoushiro: :tesshin: :sasuke: :yamabiko: :rigel: :bella: :batto: :aram: :kurojaki: :teru: :terusfather: :redbull: :sahara:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:27 pm

Ooo! Interesting chapter! And next one out in 2 weeks, on October 22nd
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Spirit Tree
Victor
Victor

Post by Spirit Tree » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:29 pm

Thank you again, vanille! :bon1:

Initial reaction:
Yup, I knew it. First there's Bob, Chibi, and Crow, then the pervy old dumb man Unsai, Akame, and Tesshin, and then Reika's group.

Why the hell is Crow crying and showing such emotions? Wait, aren't they supposed to investigate the crashing shooting star?

Uh, why are three dogs inappropriately on top of each other (pg 11)?

Buna is so scared of Akame and Tesshin that he just crashes into Tesshin in a funny way. Lol

And Akame and Tesshin reunite with Reika and meet the two little dogs and two little puppies. Now they can't get scared anymore.

And why the hell does Buna's head look weird at an odd angle?! I get that he's turning his head to look up at the ninja dogs, but the angle of it is so odd! (pg 18)

And I guess we won't know what's happening with Orion's group until next chapter.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:34 pm

Thanks vanille! I do agree, the past couple chapters have re-piqued my interest some. Here’s hoping it keeps up 😅

My ch104 thoughts:
SPOILER
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:07 pm

Is it just my imagination or did you deliver this chapter super early this time, vanille? Thank you! :heart:

I agree, that dramatic cover page is a nice change of pace from the usual Orion, Andy, Bon and Yamabiko running.

Oh yay, we're back with Chibi-bear, Bob and Crow! :EXCITE:
And wow, Crow seems genuinely upset... and I am absolutely loving how expressively he's been drawn in this chapter. 😍

Oh, yeah, I had almost forgotten that Unsai and the oldies set off from Ohu forever ago. Oh? And the terriers and Reika and the pups are here, too! It's nice to see that they're in safer company now. Speaking of which, I was about to ask what had happened to Weed and Gin, but I just remembered that they're with Rigel at Saheiji's shelter... feels like we haven't seen them in a long time now.
:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :akatora: :moss: :akame: :benizakura: :terry: :mangahakuro: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :hook: :jerome: :kaibutsu: :reika: :toube: :saheiji: :gdwokotetsu: :sirius: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :noah: :lonelyron: :bull: :belmond:

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:08 am

Here's the translation!
SPOILER
Remember when I said last week that I like straightforward battle scenes because they're easy to translate? This was the exact opposite of that. :EMPTY:

Akame and Tesshin more or less outright trolling Buna for no reason is pretty hilarious, though.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:49 am

Thank you Digsu!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Spirit Tree
Victor
Victor

Post by Spirit Tree » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:02 am

Thank you very much, Digsu! 🙏
SPOILER

Jinto
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Jinto » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:27 am

Thanks vanille and Digsu
finally we see some of the other characters again
If you can't be honest even to yourself then what can you be?

Bonisfab
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bonisfab » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:11 am

Thank you vanille and Digsu for the chapter!

It's great to see Chibi and Bob again. I think Crow sounds sincere but we'll have to wait and see. Is there a possibility that we see Koyuki and Bella too soon since Akame and Tesshin met up with Reika? I hope so. Hopefully they're alright and not injured by the alien worms.
Image"Need anything else sir?" "No, don't call me sir, Kenzō is just fine." Image
:weed: :sirius: :joe: :yukimura: :zion:

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:18 am

Oh wow, thank you for translating this so quickly, Digsu! :heart:

Aww, I'm really feeling for Crow in this chapter... he really spilled his heart out, huh? And Bob seems to be cautiously, if awkwardly, optimistic towards him.

Is it just me or are Tesshin and Akame kinda being dickish in this chapter? Like, surely they should be able to tell from his voice that Buna's an adult dog, right? Then again, this is a series where Chutora couldn't tell that Cross was a woman by smell... :THOT:

Spirit Tree
Victor
Victor

Post by Spirit Tree » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:18 pm

The spine and back cover of Volume 12 are now revealed!

Why the hell does frickin' Munechika look more red than white on that spine?!

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Spirit Tree wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:18 pm
I mean Tama is officially yellow even though he's white in the manga, too. Just because he's white in black and white doesn't necessarily mean he is white.

Spirit Tree
Victor
Victor

Post by Spirit Tree » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:37 pm

Digsu wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:28 pm
Spirit Tree wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:18 pm
I mean Tama is officially yellow even though he's white in the manga, too. Just because he's white in black and white doesn't necessarily mean he is white.
The color features and functions are messing with my mind, it seems. Guess I'll just accept it. :tfw_aokabuto2:

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:00 pm

Tbh I was hoping Munechika or at least some of his family would be cream/beige colored rather than just plain white if they had colors revealed, so I’m really liking it! XD
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:59 am

im late to the party but I love that "Godzilla" is the one thing in English... When "ゴジラ"/"Gojira" is right there. I assume its cause they're US military and its kind of a different name? IDK lol. XD

Anyway thanks again Vanille and Digsu for taking us along this wild ride. This is... whewh.... hmm. I am kinda loving how absurd this is but I agree that this may as well be considered non-canon. Which sucks because I really wish we got nice closure for the end of TLW but I guess Yoshi's publishers ruined that for us.

I do wonder about the Hakkenshi chapter title reference though. Could it be possible that Yoshi is purposefully using the same title he used in the Wolf Arc to tie together these absurd arcs he was basically forced to write lol? (Even just in reference) Yoshi forgets a lot of things but I feel like he wouldn't forget THAT much of a whole arc? Would he?

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”