Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Post Reply
User avatar
Shiruba
Legend
Legend
Posts: 1671
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 pm
Location: Grimsby, England

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Shiruba » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:09 pm

Thank you Vanille :D
SPOILER

Edit: Literally as i posted this, the translation went up. Thanks Digsu :D
Image

User avatar
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 2276
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Shining Sirius » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:35 pm

Thank you for chapter 117, vanille, and thank you for your translation, Digsu! :heart::heart:

When the Demon King makes himself known, can he please just yeet Jyoushiro into the sun?

Aww, and that was a sweet moment between Crow and Rigel. Seems like Crow really is hurting. Please let them be buddies!

Huh, it feels kinda strange seeing Orion being the one preventing a fight. Especially after how hasty he was in chomping into the Demon King's worms again after they tried to infect him. I can't tell if this zig-zagging of Orion's character is intentional or not at this point.

Ah, yes, and Jerome's as happy to see one of his kids as always... :EMPTY:

Wait, what? Zion and Maru somehow got inside the worm-ball too? I personally wouldn't mind if Maru just never came back out... but I would've thought that Zion had a lot more sense than that.

User avatar
JazzyJazz
Upholder
Upholder
Posts: 1323
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:42 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by JazzyJazz » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:40 pm

For once, I'm actually on Jyoushiro's side. I wish Orion hadn't held Munechika back.

User avatar
Spirit Tree
Hero
Hero
Posts: 6906
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Location: A Pizzeria

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Spirit Tree » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:56 pm

Well thank you for the translation, Digsu. However, I have plenty of questions now. But I don't expect answers anyway, so... :derpgin:
SPOILER
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Image
Image
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn

Midorikage
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:42 am
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Midorikage » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:29 pm

I'm so worried that Chibi is going to get transformed by the worms. He needs to be a hero after all that he's been trough. I'm also worried that Rigel will die, so that Orion can become the leader. I don't want anyone to die from these worms. I feel like I can't enjoy even the older stories, if I know that some of the characters in them got killed by demonic worms from space. That's not a problem I ever thought I would have to worry about...

User avatar
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 662
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Atha » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:25 am

Thank you for the scans and translation! Also this was probably the worst exposition scene I've seen in years.

And I'd rather have seen literally anything, even Crow getting smacked by this guy whose story I've forgotten about, but 5 pages about We Must Defend Japan from the giant onion. Like Shion and Maru getting in it instead of it happening off screen.

Not that Jerome cares one bit about his pups.
icon by azzai

User avatar
Jinto
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1245
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:11 pm
Location: Ohu

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Jinto » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:21 am

Thanks vanille and Digsu

I doubt if even a nuke would work against this thing. And how were Shion and Maru able to get inside that thing

Peikko
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:55 am
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Peikko » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:49 pm

And I was so worried about Chibi, Bob and/or Crow... Didn't see this one coming. Well at least the story is getting interesting.
Everything is fine as long as it looks like I know what I'm doing.

User avatar
Rusty
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator
Posts: 5790
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: UK

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Rusty » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:35 pm

I wonder if we'll get to see what it looks like on the inside...bet you it's like a Tardis; waaay bigger on the inside.
Image

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 15062
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tora » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:15 pm

Oh Munechika was about to cgarge?? YES!
Now I'm even more confused. Was Miho's and Hirota's grandfather their mum's father or Munechika's father? O.o
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Avatar made by Kique (snow added by Nana)
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by YamaDora » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:15 pm

At what point this series went from "manly dogs beating up bears" to "let's nuke aliens", because I'd like to go back when it was just "manly dogs beating up bears".

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:23 pm

Tora wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:15 pm
Oh Munechika was about to cgarge?? YES!
Now I'm even more confused. Was Miho's and Hirota's grandfather their mum's father or Munechika's father? O.o
That's what I'd also like to know because that is kinda-sorta vital for being able to interpret that line correctly, but thanks to conflicting info earlier on in the series I have no idea if Munechika is talking about Grandpa Dog or another character entirely. I think the way it's worded in Japanese could work either in the past tense or present tense, but the issue is that you can't really leave the tense ambiguous like that in English so you have to pick one or the other.

I ended up going on Twitter to dig up ginga_soul's spoiler post for this chapter to see what that line sounds like to native speaker, and it seems like they interpret that line as Munechika talking about Miho and Hirota's grandpa. They then go on a confused rant wondering about Munechika and Grandpa's relations, point out that Munechika's wife also called Grandpa her father, try to remember if Koyuki ever called Gin "dad" like that (and add that there's at least one instance in GDWO of her calling him "father-in-law" (お義父さん) instead), and also wonder why Grandpa and Munechika's wife look similar if they're not blood relatives unless there's incest involved.

Anyway, confusing relations aside, it seems that Munechika is talking about Miho and Hirota's grandfather here and not some new character. I'll get my translation fixed to address that real quick! edit: Translation's fixed!



User avatar
Spirit Tree
Hero
Hero
Posts: 6906
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Location: A Pizzeria

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Spirit Tree » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:36 pm

YamaDora wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:15 pm
At what point this series went from "manly dogs beating up bears" to "let's nuke aliens", because I'd like to go back when it was just "manly dogs beating up bears".
Or just "manly dogs beating up evil dogs." :tfw_bella1:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Image
Image
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn

User avatar
Zazpikaleak
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:28 pm

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Zazpikaleak » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:24 am

I have to say that this chapter was actually quite interesting! Especially the relationship between Crow and the others. Hopefully Chibi will meet Shion soon but I don't know anymore because of this onion thing and Shion getting into it. :tfw_aokabuto2: At least I hope Shion won't die. And I'm curious about how Chibi will react if he finds out about Sirius' death (or "death").

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:36 am

Speaking of Chibi, everyone seems to be conveniently ignoring his mane even though his apparent relation to Akakabuto is supposed to be A Big Deal™.



Online
User avatar
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:27 pm
Location: Central U.S.

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tsukitora » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:21 am

Digsu wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:36 am
Speaking of Chibi, everyone seems to be conveniently ignoring his mane even though his apparent relation to Akakabuto is supposed to be A Big Deal™.
Considering there was a big gap between the 2nd and 3rd Chibi and Bob chapters and the whole Akakabuto relation thing was dropped in that time despite it being all Bob could think about before, I’d have to guess either Yoshi or his publishers decided not to focus on it.
Whether because they don’t wanna push more evil bear related drama on the fans who might still be bored of it or Yoshi himself is tired of it, I have no idea :tfw_orion2
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5509
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:32 pm

Tsukitora wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:21 am
Digsu wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:36 am
Speaking of Chibi, everyone seems to be conveniently ignoring his mane even though his apparent relation to Akakabuto is supposed to be A Big Deal™.
Considering there was a big gap between the 2nd and 3rd Chibi and Bob chapters and the whole Akakabuto relation thing was dropped in that time despite it being all Bob could think about before, I’d have to guess either Yoshi or his publishers decided not to focus on it.
Whether because they don’t wanna push more evil bear related drama on the fans who might still be bored of it or Yoshi himself is tired of it, I have no idea :tfw_orion2
Honestly I just assume it's because the story's got its hands full as it is and trying to fit in the drama of the Ohu army finding out about Chibi's heritage when we're already dealing with the worm onion, the fallen plane, the human militaries trying to deal with the situation, the chunk of the Ohu army that should be heading right now, and who knows what else would probably feel a bit overwhelming.



User avatar
Sirius_79
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:44 pm

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Sirius_79 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:20 pm

vanille wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:23 pm
Chapter 117~

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Oh and just in case anyone wants it, here's also a link to the main folder with all my uploaded chapters:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing :tfw_bella2:
Thank you so much for the main folder, that´s really handy :) I was looking for older chapters recently.

User avatar
Sirius_79
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:44 pm

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Sirius_79 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:23 pm

Shining Sirius wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:35 pm
Thank you for chapter 117, vanille, and thank you for your translation, Digsu! :heart::heart:

When the Demon King makes himself known, can he please just yeet Jyoushiro into the sun?

Aww, and that was a sweet moment between Crow and Rigel. Seems like Crow really is hurting. Please let them be buddies!

Huh, it feels kinda strange seeing Orion being the one preventing a fight. Especially after how hasty he was in chomping into the Demon King's worms again after they tried to infect him. I can't tell if this zig-zagging of Orion's character is intentional or not at this point.

Ah, yes, and Jerome's as happy to see one of his kids as always... :EMPTY:

Wait, what? Zion and Maru somehow got inside the worm-ball too? I personally wouldn't mind if Maru just never came back out... but I would've thought that Zion had a lot more sense than that.
That´s what I thought about Orion too. I can kind of see Yoshi turning him into a "wise and quiet" kind of character someday, maybe not now, perhaps when he´s older (basically a Gin and Weed kind of character), but the zigzag of his personality is really uncomfortable to me :tfw_sirius5:

User avatar
Sirius_79
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:44 pm

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Sirius_79 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:25 pm

Midorikage wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:29 pm
I'm so worried that Chibi is going to get transformed by the worms. He needs to be a hero after all that he's been trough. I'm also worried that Rigel will die, so that Orion can become the leader. I don't want anyone to die from these worms. I feel like I can't enjoy even the older stories, if I know that some of the characters in them got killed by demonic worms from space. That's not a problem I ever thought I would have to worry about...
I´m also worried about Chibi..I really love him, I don´t want him to be turned into a bad guy so that the Ohu army has another bear to fight..

Post Reply

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”