Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tsukitora » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:44 pm

Pretty freaky chapter :tfw_akame: This is the first event that’s really interested me in awhile besides Gin and co getting back to Paradise. I’m kinda excited/anxious to see what happens to Kinta and Shuou next. Mostly because Hiro’s last surviving son were to end up having to die from this corruption, even if it could be demise that makes more sense in context than Tama randomly choosing seppuku because he spotted the bosses of his brothers’ murderers (what a f’ing waste, Yoshi -.-), I’ll be pretty upset :tfw_sirius5:
YamaDora wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:48 pm
I am going to give it a benefit of doubt and assume that it was because he let his rage take over, the worms were able to control him. His hatred for what happened to his family is justified, it's just that if it's taken too far, he becomes vulnerable to the worms.
Digsu wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:05 pm
Spirit Tree wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:46 pm
SPOILER
Where does it say anything about his feelings being wrong?

He's not just angry. He's so incredibly, earth-shatteringly furious it's completely consuming him. His anger is justified, but letting your anger completely overtake you is never a good thing. It's a fairly common trope, with it usually going "good character is wronged in some incredibly grave way -> goes absolutely mad with rage -> enters super-powered dark shadow rage mode/temporarily transforms into a monster/etc. -> ends up acting even more monstrous than the villain and possibly hurts fellow good guys -> rage mode/evil transformation/whatever wears off, character is horrified at what they've done".

The moral isn't supposed to be "you can't be mad at bad people", it's supposed to be "don't let your emotions get the best of you or you might do something you'll regret".
I’m w/ you guys on this.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!

Spirit Tree
Hero
Hero

Post by Spirit Tree » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:06 pm

I do understand what might be happening with Kin (letting his anger, rage, or emotions consume him enough to allow the worms to try to infest him instead of just being prohibited from being rightfully pissed off at some evil asshole who has affected one's life). But since Digsu and YamaDora made good points on it, I remember that I have seen something similar like it in other medias or franchises. The Legend of Spyro is a perfect example of that.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn

SeiRen1012

Post by SeiRen1012 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:30 am

I think that a corpse has no feelings. In short, a corpse would have only gaps. Why couldn't the worm parasitize Crow?
Before Crow died, he was angry with Akaari and wanted to attack Akaari.
Couldn't the worm take advantage of Crow's emotions?
Seiren

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:40 am

Unrelated to the actual events of the chapter but I'm genuinely kind of wondering if the dog beside Noah in the chapter image is supposed to be Sirius instead of Orion.

I mean it's clearly Orion instead of just Sirius with missing stripes (he's even got the tiny face scars). But the splash text says something along the lines of "Are Noah and Sirius the Ohu army's only hope for catching Wanwan and Beniou?", so it'd make more sense for Noah and Sirius to be up there in the sky. Like they're doing that "oh no we're thinking so hard of these people that they're projecting in the sky because we're just longing for them that hard" thing.

Did an assistant have a mix-up and accidentally gave Sirius Orion's markings?

And yes, I'm still too lazy to include the chapter page splash texts in the translations because they're generally just meaningless fluff. And I lowkey hate that we've reached the point where it's hard to say if characters appearing in the sky is just that old "missing characters are shown in the sky for symbolism" trick I mentioned or literally characters flying in the sky.

Jinto
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Jinto » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:31 pm

Thanks vanille and Digsu

still not much going on except the worms take over Kin's body

Spirit Tree
Hero
Hero

Post by Spirit Tree » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:07 pm

Digsu wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:40 am
Unrelated to the actual events of the chapter but I'm genuinely kind of wondering if the dog beside Noah in the chapter image is supposed to be Sirius instead of Orion.

I mean it's clearly Orion instead of just Sirius with missing stripes (he's even got the tiny face scars). But the splash text says something along the lines of "Are Noah and Sirius the Ohu army's only hope for catching Wanwan and Beniou?", so it'd make more sense for Noah and Sirius to be up there in the sky. Like they're doing that "oh no we're thinking so hard of these people that they're projecting in the sky because we're just longing for them that hard" thing.

Did an assistant have a mix-up and accidentally gave Sirius Orion's markings?

And yes, I'm still too lazy to include the chapter page splash texts in the translations because they're generally just meaningless fluff. And I lowkey hate that we've reached the point where it's hard to say if characters appearing in the sky is just that old "missing characters are shown in the sky for symbolism" trick I mentioned or literally characters flying in the sky.
Oh crap. I didn't even realize that it was Orion flying with Noah. Once I saw the chapter cover, I immediately presumed that it was "Sirius" because I have been used to seeing "Sirius" and Noah floating in the sky (And it annoys me still LOL).

I'm guessing that it was supposed to be "Sirius" up there and one of Yoshi's assistants messed up right there.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:

Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:58 pm

I get the feeling it's supposed to be Sirius with Noah, as it's not the first time Yoshi and/or his assistants have forgotten to put the stripes on one of the bear hound family.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:40 am

Let's hope when that chapter reach the volume, it's fixed ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Avatar made by Kique (snow added by Nana)
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

formeropr

Post by formeropr » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:30 pm

Spirit Tree wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:19 pm
Thank you, vanille, for Chapter 128! :heart:

Initial reaction:
That chapter cover is one of the weirdest things that I've seen. Even the characters are looking up like "What the hell?!"

They're really burying Crow's body? Like that's a good idea, boys.

...Is that Jerome with a pure white face???

The dogs might be hearing screaming. Who is screaming?

Well, I should have figured. I almost forgot that Shuou is still stuck in the bear trap.

Hey, now everyone's arrived to put Dead Chonk out of his misery. Why are you stopping them just because you saw the trap, Andy? Don't you want Shuou's suffering to end?

Whoa, Kin looks mighty pissed. I suppose because he still remembers that Tama was killed by the three dumbass brothers and-

:Koyukisweat: :Koyukisweat:

...Kin...are you okay...why do you...

Oh God. Oh shit! Worms are entering his big ass body?! What the hell?! :orion4:

Is it because the worms see Kin as having the opposite of a "good heart?!" Are they really trying to take the chance to infest him?! :tfw_rigel2:

Well at least Kin spits some out at other dogs' faces. But...he still does not look right. Has he become a demon? Why are his eyes all white still?!

And he's biting Dead Chonk. Hopefully it's not for the bad.
:derpgin:
formeropr wrote: Let's hope Kin survives and Reika wouldn't be able to take losing her last kid.

Gingaddict
Friend
Friend

Post by Gingaddict » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:54 pm

formeropr wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:30 pm
Spirit Tree wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:19 pm
Thank you, vanille, for Chapter 128! :heart:

Initial reaction:
That chapter cover is one of the weirdest things that I've seen. Even the characters are looking up like "What the hell?!"

They're really burying Crow's body? Like that's a good idea, boys.

...Is that Jerome with a pure white face???

The dogs might be hearing screaming. Who is screaming?

Well, I should have figured. I almost forgot that Shuou is still stuck in the bear trap.

Hey, now everyone's arrived to put Dead Chonk out of his misery. Why are you stopping them just because you saw the trap, Andy? Don't you want Shuou's suffering to end?

Whoa, Kin looks mighty pissed. I suppose because he still remembers that Tama was killed by the three dumbass brothers and-

:Koyukisweat: :Koyukisweat:

...Kin...are you okay...why do you...

Oh God. Oh shit! Worms are entering his big ass body?! What the hell?! :orion4:

Is it because the worms see Kin as having the opposite of a "good heart?!" Are they really trying to take the chance to infest him?! :tfw_rigel2:

Well at least Kin spits some out at other dogs' faces. But...he still does not look right. Has he become a demon? Why are his eyes all white still?!

And he's biting Dead Chonk. Hopefully it's not for the bad.
:derpgin:
formeropr wrote: Let's hope Kin survives and Reika wouldn't be able to take losing her last kid.
You just reposted the stuff and didn't reply to it, what were you going to say? I was going to say, this is getting a bit too much, this is becoming like Doctor Who or the Twilight Zone now instead of Ginga
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

formeropr

Post by formeropr » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:22 am

Since we saw Kin being taken over by the worms I thought he was going to possessed and Reika would be crushed to find if all of her children are gone.

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Fri May 06, 2022 7:41 am

Goraku is taking the week off due to Golden Week, so no new GDN chapter until next week.

Spirit Tree
Hero
Hero

Post by Spirit Tree » Tue May 10, 2022 6:33 pm

Figured that I'd share this here.

Not only this might be a hint of what Volume 15 will look like, but also a couple of members say that colored pages in the upcoming chapter this week are expected.

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora » Tue May 10, 2022 7:47 pm

Also, quoting Digsu’s analysis from Casual Chat… the translated text implies that GDN (or maybe just this dumb alien arc, but with the one-arc per series trend going on since GDWO I kinda doubt it) may be wrapping up with this volume. :tfw_akame:
Digsu wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:52 pm
SPOILER
...wait what? :Koyukisweat:

Oh and the opening page/pages will be on color.

edit: I mean it's got to mean that the final battle begins in the next chapter, not that they're literally wrapping everything up next chapter... right?
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Wed May 11, 2022 5:23 pm

Colour pages coming up!

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Spirit Tree
Hero
Hero

Post by Spirit Tree » Thu May 12, 2022 5:41 pm

Here we go. Info on Chapter 129 is now showing.

Let's see what's in it.
SPOILER
Geez, this sounds like a scary scene. At least Shuou gets his leg chopped off. Hey, now Dead Chonk is free. Now he can stop freaking out like a coyote. Parasites everywhere, though... :Koyukisweat:
SPOILER
Okay how many more times are they gonna try possessing Dead Chonk and fail? :tfw_bella1:
SPOILER
So Kin is likely possessed and lots of shit is breaking loose.
SPOILER
I assume that's Wanwan talking right there?
SPOILER
I mean are they even shown to be useful at all? :tfw_aokabuto2:
SPOILER
What? There's another worm onion? Okay, then are we finally going to see who the hell this Great Demon King is?
SPOILER
So Orion was seriously unconscious when he tried to help Kin dispel the worms from his big ass body?
Oh so now we're getting some sort of reaction from Chibi about "Sirius?"
SPOILER
Oh the infested evil dumbasses sound like they come back to confront the Ou dogs. After all that teleporting bullshit, this is a bit of a surprise...unless they do teleport away again.

EDIT
https://twitter.com/sukebeaki/status/15 ... 8972036096
Oh crap. Jesus Dog is attacking Kin.

Nara
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nara » Fri May 13, 2022 8:11 am

Gotta admit I was getting excited over the idea of GDN suddenly ending...

vanille
Recruit
Recruit

Post by vanille » Fri May 13, 2022 8:11 pm

I'm not gonna be home until tomorrow, but I'll get you the chapter as soon as I can!
:smith: :gin: :jerome: :kyoushiro: :tesshin: :sasuke: :yamabiko: :sirius: :rigel: :bella: :batto: :aram: :kurojaki: :teru: :terusfather: :redbull: :sahara:

Spirit Tree
Hero
Hero

Post by Spirit Tree » Fri May 13, 2022 8:15 pm

vanille wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:11 pm
I'm not gonna be home until tomorrow, but I'll get you the chapter as soon as I can!
That's okay, vanille. No need to rush it. We'll still wait patiently. And we always appreciate you for providing the chapters. :tfw_bella2:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Sat May 14, 2022 11:11 am

vanille wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:11 pm
Take your time! Worh waiting ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”