Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Wolpard
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Wolpard » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:25 am

Oh man at first when Kyo said "These shitheads aren't males!" I quickly got excited thinking they would be female characters! But then I realized he meant it as an insult. Boooooo.

Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator

Post by Gingastar » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:30 am

Thanks Fanta!

--

So.... Kyoushiro.... beat a puppy who was already visibly scared and being abused.... because the puppy didn't want their help...?

I'm sorry but what the fuck? That feels so villainous to me : /

And wow yeah, the Grandpa just up and dying feels super sloppy and rushed, it makes you wonder if it was some kind of last minute decision to boot him out of the series or something.

Wolpard wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:25 am
Oh man at first when Kyo said "These shitheads aren't males!" I quickly got excited thinking they would be female characters! But then I realized he meant it as an insult. Boooooo.
I thought the exact same thing -__-
Banner by me

Art by RefinedRaven

Avatar by angrysnakes on tumblr!

DeviantArt | Twitter | Tumblr

kaji kiba
Fighter
Fighter

Post by kaji kiba » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:34 am

Wolpard wrote:
Glad I'm not the only one that thought this.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

Dragon
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Dragon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:37 am

Geezus... I know Kyoshiro sometimes brought up 'being a male', but was that like 6 times he brought it up this chapter?! o_O;;;
I mean... that angry white dog* because Kyoshiro didn't hit Teru or his kid followers for crying like this guy is doing.

And the kid mentions if he makes the wrong move, he won't be the only one in trouble. And yet the advice he's given is... 'don't run, be a reckless, selfish idiot and fight them even if it kills everyone CaUsE Ur A MaLe'.

I have a feeling with 2 pups being in the spotlight, this bad guy might be some sort of notorious kidnapper who just uses pups as slaves or something ... and that must be why the name 'Kyoshiro' matters so much to this pack since he was someone who stood up for kids before.
Wolpard wrote:
ME TOO!!

Flanoir
Potential
Potential

Post by Flanoir » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:55 am

Just as a sidenote, with Kyoushiro standing close to Sasuke, you can see how much he has shrunk. Well, I remember him being really bigger even in later GDW? At least he does look like a Kishu.

Dragon
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Dragon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:10 am

Flanoir wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:55 am
Just as a sidenote, with Kyoushiro standing close to Sasuke, you can see how much he has shrunk. Well, I remember him being really bigger even in later GDW? At least he does look like a Kishu.
This is true. After he became comedy relief, he went from a huge 1 year old to a runt of an adult. I don't really get it. Big guys can be funny too, just look at GB and grown Bon.
He does look more Kishu now though, but as much as size differences is a thing in reality, it's not usually that way in Ginga.. so seeing Kyoshiro and Akame side by side disturbs me. o_e;

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 am

kaji kiba wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:09 am
Take a shot every time the word "Male" is used in this chapter :FLY:

This was even worse than I originally thought. The pup is terrified something may happen to those he's close to, he's been abused and traumitized but being a MALE means he needs to suck it up and just act like he's alright? Okay sure :EMPTY: Kyo do something with yourself.

Poor little Miho I sure hope we get to see a lot more of her in the future. Hm I wonder if Miho, the male pup, and gramps are all really realted and the pack is what they were running from. But I don't know why he would leave the male pup behind unless he wanted to get Miho to a safe place first? Guess we'll find out later.

Thanks for the translation Fanta!
That's toxic masculinity for you... >.<

And thanks Blivery and Fanta!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

YamaDora
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YamaDora » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:19 am

Flanoir wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:55 am
Weird, because I've read GDW multiple times and don't remember him ever being big? I just checked his first appearance when he bumped into Weed and and the others, and judging by the group shots he was about the size of Weed and Sasuke, and definitely smaller than most of the dogs.

Kasi
Admin
Admin

Post by Kasi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 am

I was so ready for the pack of Real Bitches, don't get us all excited Kyo :C
I like how the art has been looking recently. Maybe it's just me, some nice drawings there.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW: Volume 22 now available!

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:35 am

Good grief, that was a lot of "BE A MAN, YOU PUSSY" even by Ginga standards.

Banners and avatar by me

Raki
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Raki » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:13 am

Kasi wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 am
I like how the art has been looking recently. Maybe it's just me, some nice drawings there.
Indeed, I think the arts have become more detailed in a way!

Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:30 am

Hougen was mentioned. Maybe his grandchildren will attack next. Kamakiri and Akakabuto already returned so now it could be his turn.

Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator

Post by Gingastar » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:32 am

Kasi wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 am
I agree completely! :D I can’t say I’ve ever had too big of an issue with Ginga’s art style, but I’m especially digging how GDN is looking! I like what they’ve done with Kyoushiro’s eyelashes, and as Raki said it feels like there’s more detail.
Banner by me

Art by RefinedRaven

Avatar by angrysnakes on tumblr!

DeviantArt | Twitter | Tumblr

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 am

Uru wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:30 am
Hougen was mentioned. Maybe his grandchildren will attack next. Kamakiri and Akakabuto already returned so now it could be his turn.
Hougen was also mentioned twice in GDWO (during Andy's introduction and after the old characters hear about Masamune), so I assume it's just a similar random call-back. edit: I think he was also mentioned once or twice when explaining who Kamakiri's sons are?

Though Kyoshiro's comment about him haunting the place is definitely a bit weird.

Banners and avatar by me

Limonzy
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Limonzy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:11 am

Thank you Fanta for the translation!

ugh! Kyoshiro acted worse than I thought..! Didn't think it was possible :EMPTY:

If my icon didn't tell it, I love Genba and Hougen! They were interesting villains.
Both of them had a reputation of going after women so I was surprised we didn't get to see any of their offsprings in GDW:O (I thought that we would see them since we got the Kamakiri trio).
So~ I'd totally love if either Genba's or Hougen's child or grandchild is the villain this time!

Beastface

Post by Beastface » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:12 am

I'm also wondering if the grandpa dog just got axed off in response to bad feedback from the audience? Or maybe Yoshi just failed to establish his apparently bad health properly.

Kyoshiro's attitude is so weird. I feel like it suddenly completely misunderstands the concept of "being a male" in Ginga. Sure, the whole concept is chauvinistic at best, but I don't remember such overt aggressiveness ever being a part of it. It's been more about duty, emotional restraint, fearlessness and compassion rather than this straight-up "just suck it up and go GRRR cause that's what MEN DO. We don't get emotional, we HIT THINGS" version. Yoshi's attitude (at least in his past writing) always seemed more, I dunno, gentler than that. It's almost like he's gotten super toxic manly in his old age or they have somebody else writing the story now (I'm mostly kidding, it's so odd seeing a hero smack a puppy that my head is spinning into wild assumptions, lol).

Atha
Friend
Friend

Post by Atha » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:42 am

Fanta you're super fast!

Kyoushiro in GDW: "I named this pup Kouta/Love, because I want him to receive the love I never had." Never punishes Teru for being a crybaby. When Teru runs away and Ron saves him, Kyou instantly forgives him.

Kyoushiro when Weed has a meltdown:

Kyoushiro now: "I WILL BEAT THE CRAP out of you for showing one (1) emotION!!!!! Because TESTICLES!"
icon by jeezez-bree

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:49 am

Atha wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:42 am
Kyoushiro now: "I WILL BEAT THE CRAP out of you for showing one (1) emotION!!!!! Because TESTICLES!"
I don't think Kyoshiro hit him because he cried (you can even see that he actually manages to keep himself from properly tearing up before he's hit). He hit him because he thinks the pup should stick up for himself and not let himself be bossed around... or something along those lines.

Banners and avatar by me

blivery

Post by blivery » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:59 pm

A real Ōu soldier would first ask that kid properly whats wrong with him, and not beat him up immadiately. There would never be a reason for a real Ōu soldier to beat a strange kid, not knowing what's the reason for his behavior. Noone would do this when they see a young pup cry in a poor situation. Not even with a grown up they'd do that.

We can twist it as ever we want, Kyōshirō's reaction is completely unjustified. There is no reason for beating this pup in the eyes of good people. This is not the real Kyōshirō anymore, this character is someone else. I'm very very upset about his negative character change. Stop searching for reasons why he could have did this, because there is no reason except the fact that this is not Kyōshirō anymore. I can't understand why Yoshi changes such a cool character to a piece of trash. The real Kyōshirō would never do such as beating a crying pup.

Shining Sirius
Friend
Friend

Post by Shining Sirius » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:27 pm

I... I have no words to express the magma-dome of boiling rage in my gut after reading what Kyoushiro just did and said to that lonely, frightened, enslaved and abused child...
This has gone beyond Ginga's usual samurai ideology of 'manly men upholding honour because testosterone' and has taken a hellish downward spiral into downright toxic masculinity.
:EMPTY:
:star: Banner Courtesy of Gingastar :star:
:heart: Pan Sirius Pride Month Avatar by Troll Berserker :heart:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”