Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Spirit Tree »

Digsu wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:21 am quick edit: Also the dog being named Goro isn't a LoZ reference. The Goron (which I assume you're referring to) are presumably named after the onomatopoeic word "gorogoro", which is the sound of something heavy rolling, while the dog being named Goro could come from a number of different things (several words in Japanese have "goro" in them).
Oh okay. Didn't know about that detail on Gorons until now. And yeah, I was referring to Gorons from the LoZ series because the dog named Goro reminded me of Gorons when they say *Goro*. Beniou and Dead Chonk should still pay for what they did to the poor Shiba.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

Digsu wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:21 am I swear that's (somehow) my biggest issue in all of this.

As I mentioned in my side comments, MREs are actual field rations used by the US army (even if the way they're depicted here is really inaccurate). Like the Sergeant (I think) says, they're "human food", but apparently it tastes and smells exactly like food Andy used to eat in Finland. Therefore, either:

1) The US military feeds its soldiers Finnish dog food while claiming it's normal food.

2) Andy's Finnish owner used to import US military rationsto use as dog food, which frankly just raises additional questions.

what are you trying to imply Yoshi :jeromeder:
Maybe Finnish food was like dog food. :EMPTY:

I blame Nekocon for taking Takahashi to Puijon Torni restaurant.
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

I can't believe I'm saying this but the era of every character being obsessed with dog testicles was a better time for this manga.

edit: scratch that, just read Digsu's translation, now we got the worst of both worlds
icon by azzai
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Digsu wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:21 am
Spirit Tree wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:03 am Of course Andy would recognize dog food since he is a former pet from Finland. Did he really ate the same food from Finland, though?
I swear that's (somehow) my biggest issue in all of this.

As I mentioned in my side comments, MREs are actual field rations used by the US army (even if the way they're depicted here is really inaccurate). Like the Sergeant (I think) says, they're "human food", but apparently it tastes and smells exactly like food Andy used to eat in Finland. Therefore, either:

1) The US military feeds its soldiers Finnish dog food while claiming it's normal food.

2) Andy's Finnish owner used to import US military rationsto use as dog food, which frankly just raises additional questions.

what are you trying to imply Yoshi :jeromeder:

quick edit: Also the dog being named Goro isn't a LoZ reference. The Goron (which I assume you're referring to) are presumably named after the onomatopoeic word "gorogoro", which is the sound of something heavy rolling, while the dog being named Goro could come from a number of different things (several words in Japanese have "goro" in them).
I had an American* MRE once. Was advertised as 'mashed potatos'
It was a watery slop. Taste ok but they are basically wet dog food in shape and consistantly LMAO. Do not be fooled by the pretty covers, for the love of god :tfw_sirius1: No military ate/eats great, though I think in this case Yoshi drew the rations as copies of wet dog food because its convenient and he really doesn't care at this point. Lazy? yea. He probably just had fun drawing all the militaria and came to this scene and said "yea insert slop'.
I can iminage them being used for dogs in close combat situations? Commercial dog food isn't all that old. Anyway, that gives me a fun new thing to look up :tfw_rigel1:

*had the flag and everything. it was so proud of itself...graphic design was the passion not taste

-----
I have no feelings whatsoever on the rest
its
its a thing that exists :bella3:
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Y’all are wigging out over the accuracy of dog food-like military rations while I’m over here preparing to Angre Rant™️ because I’m worried that Yoshi might be about to make Nobushi the last surviving Nokizaru dog :OUT:

if Yoshi even remembers to continue with that scene :jeromeder:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Info on Chapter 103 is now showing!

"The mysterious Red King is dead and apologizes and regrets."

...Huh?
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
vanille
Translator
Translator

Post by vanille »

SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

New chapter!

Glad to see that the some of the dogs still have some fight in them. And I liked seeing one of the oversized fat bastards get his eye torn out by his own brother.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I love this bloody mess

Chousuke's dead, NObushi, with help from Beniou, got Shuou's eye out. Now we know that's Nobushi's and Shikoro's mother, meaning Kenshin's wife.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Thank you for the chapter, vanille! :tfw_bella2:

Initial reaction:
That's right. The Nokizaru better start running. That's their best option for now.

Wait, Chousuke? Why are you stopping?

Oh shit, no! Beniou's got him! Are the Nokizaru gonna save hi-

NOOOO!!! BENIOU, YOU MOTHERF***ER!!! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO CHOUSUKE, YOU BIG ASSHOLE?! YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!! FUCK YOU!!!

And where are you going, Shuou?! Where are you going, dumbass?! Can't you see what you did?! You and your bastard brother pissed off Nobushi so much that he's now biting your eye!

Oh no. Now Beniou is about to wipe out Nobushi?! Beniou, if you kill him next, I swear to God, I'm gonna-

...WHOA!! Beniou only just yanks off Nobushi and causes him to rip out Dead Chonk's eyeball?! Well good! Because that's what the two Aka-ari dumbasses get! May I mention that it is really funny?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh look at this. Noah and Shion are nearby and have heard Dead Chonk's scream. And so did Orion's group. And so did...Wanwan. Oh shit.
Last edited by Spirit Tree on Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Thank you so much for 103, vanille! You're amazing as always! :heart:

Jesus Christ... poor Chousuke... that has to be one of the most vile, gorey deaths I've ever seen, from this series or otherwise... it legitimately made me tear up for him. :tfw_rigel2: :tfw_rigel2: :tfw_rigel2:

I'm also very weirded-out by that panel Baphomet Chonk hunched over upright, is he sitting or squatting? :Koyukisweat:

It was very satisfying to see Nobushi ripping out Red Chonk's eye. Your papa would be proud, kiddo. Hell, I'm proud of you. Just a shame it wasn't Beniou's eye he yanked out. :kenshin:

Oh, and Zion and Noah have made it to the burned forest. Noah looks so regal with his eyes and wounds healed. :noah:
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Damn, I actually kinda liked Chousuke, too. He wasn't some dickhead sadist like the Tasuke or whatever the fuck his name was. I do actually rly like that gore tho, like if I can give GDN ANYTHING it's that the deaths look brutal. That's about all the praise I can give tho because again, Yoshi, if you want me to buy even for a second that peace is in anyway an option with these three cunts, maybe don't have them do this shit CONSTANTLY.

At least Shou finally got a little of what he deserved. Now HOPEFULLY, Orion and the bois get there first and help finish the job.
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

How is Beniou gonna rip Nobushi off of Shuou's eye and NOT expect it to be gouged out?? Man, these brothers really are stupid. XD
I think Shuou deserved it though. An eye for an eye, I say.

I actually kinda liked this chapter.
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Watch my angry prediction about another wasteful-ass Yoshi moment come true af :bella4:
SPOILER
So I guess we wait another week to see if the Nokizaru remnants except one of Kenshin's boys are still gonna be slaughtered :EMPTY: I still feel like it's likely to happen offscreen before Orion's team even gets there tho..
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Here's the translation!
SPOILER
I appreciate straightforward battle scenes like this because they're easy to translate, but holy shit that was brutal.

Also marvelous use of the good ol' "elderly person has back problems at the worst possible time" trope there. 👌

Also unrelated to the chapter proper, but the chapter page refers to Orion's group as "Eight Canine Warriors/Hakkenshi". :bon1: Sorry Yoshi, I know you like to pretend the wolf arc doesn't exist but you've already got a far more capable group carrying that name.
Last edited by Digsu on Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nara
Potential
Potential

Post by Nara »

Pretty good chapter, I liked the gore. The Tibetans' size seems really ridicilous here, though. Their sizes haven't been consistent at all during this series.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:15 am Also unrelated to the chapter proper, but the chapter page refers to Orion's group as "Eight Canine Warriors/Hakkenshi". :bon1: Sorry Yoshi, I know you like to pretend the wolf arc doesn't exist but you've already got a far more capable group carrying that name.
I think he have forgetten he used to call the wolves Hakkenshi, as well as they're now only 6 and not 8 XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Thank you for the translation, Digsu! :bon1:
SPOILER
Digsu wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:15 am Also unrelated to the chapter proper, but the chapter page refers to Orion's group as "Eight Canine Warriors/Hakkenshi". :bon1: Sorry Yoshi, I know you like to pretend the wolf arc doesn't exist but you've already got a far more capable group carrying that name.
Well, Orion and his friends are gonna need to become the new Canine Warriors to defeat Wanwan and the Great Demon King and those aliens. :bon1:
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Didn't realise the new chapter was already out. Thanks vanille and Digsu

all I have to say is... BRUTAL
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit