Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu »

Digsu wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:16 am edit: Also, while I'm glad we finally have clarification on his name, I feel like Crow is... kind of a weird choice. imho naming a giant red dog who apparently relies on brute strength to get his way after medium-sized, black birds known for their intelligence doesn't really fit.
(several hours and many minutes of googling later)

HOL UP WAIT I THINK I GOT IT

The Haguro mountain is one of the sacred Three Mountains of the Dewa/Dewa Sanzan. The legend surrounding the mountains and how they became holy sites is associated with the mythical Yatagarasu, a giant, three-legged crow.
Dewa Sanzan claims a heritage that goes back to Prince Hachiko no miko. It is said that he left the capital in 593 after his father was assassinated at the command of Soga no Umako. Though he was the rightful heir he was ousted by Suiko, the first Japanese empress. Legend has it that the prince sailed to the province of Dewa and there came upon a three-legged crow (yatagarasu) that led him to the mountains around Haguro.
(quote is from here, here's two more sources)

Also apparently the name of the mountain itself (the kanji for Haguro, 羽黒, meaning "feather" and "black") is a reference to its association with Yatagarasu. :tfw_sirius3:

tldr; Mt. Haguro kind of has a history with giant corvids so Crow's name isn't so random after all.

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

At least Tonov and the other two kids were acknowledged... I guess? Hhhhhhh.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

What's that? We finally have a NAME for the series' main villain?!
Also, thank you Digsu for educating on the origins of his name. I was also curious as to why the name 'Crow' - I wondered if it was maybe something to do with a Crow Tengu, but you've thankfully given us a more sound answer. :tfw_sirius3:
Last edited by Shining Sirius on Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

FDQ wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:52 am
Sketch-Shepherd wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:07 am
I'm gonna miss calling him Clifford, but Crow is an interesting name I guess.
Crowford it is then
wheeze

Also :tfw_sirius4: at pretty much everything else LOL sigh
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Shining Sirius wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:28 pm What's that? We finally have a NAME for the series' main villain?!
Also, thank you Digsu for educating on the origins of his name. I was also curious as to why the name 'Crow' - I wondered if it was maybe something to do with a Crow Tengu, but you've thankfully given us a more sound answer. :tfw_sirius3:

We still don't know if he's gonna be the main villain or not.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

3 weeks until Vol 2 is released :tfw_bella1:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Tsukitora wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:42 am 3 weeks until Vol 2 is released :tfw_bella1:
I still don't have volume 1, nobody on ebay is selling it :/
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Shiruba wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:03 am
Tsukitora wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:42 am 3 weeks until Vol 2 is released :tfw_bella1:
I recommend you buy manga off of CD Japan rather than eBay, personally.

You don’t need a middle man and they take PayPal. They always get in new volumes of manga, etc!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/

GDN volume 1:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK- ... 9cb5d1426c
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
blivery
Potential
Potential

Post by blivery »

Finally a new chapter!

Unfortunately, the magazine with chapter 16 still did not arrived, so I'm posting chapter 17 now. This one arrived yesterday - on a monday like usual - but I was too busy to scan it. But now here it is.

I can't tell when the magazine with chapter 16 will arrive, as I had to buy it from an other seller and he did not gave me a tracking number. So the only thing I can do is wait. I couldn't buy it from amazon itself back then bacause it was already sold out. I will scan it as soon as it arrives.
SPOILER
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

:tfw_rigel1:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Thank you, blivery!

-I don't know why, but I just can't take the chapter image seriously. I know it's meant to be bittersweet, but the poses and Hiro looking more like a giant weredog than an actual dog just makes it look like the cover of some trashy romance novel.
-In case there was any doubt about Tonov's gender, Reika refers to him as "Jerome's son".
-Kin seems relatively normal-sized for now so it's possible him previously being the size of a cow was just an error.
-Orion asks Reika who did this but she just starts bawling her eyes out 'cause of course we wouldn't find it out just yet, gotta milk that suspense for all its worth first ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-Since when has Kagetora been able to climb trees?? yes, yes, I know Chutora's sons could do that, but we've never seen Kagetora do it.

Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

I really like the chapter image for this one, despite the......questionable anatomy
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Thanks, Blivery!

That Chapter image looks like a werewolf romance novel like Digsu said and I can’t look away

It’s terrifying why does it look like that
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Thanks for Chapter 17 blivery! :heart:

I, uhh, don't really know how to feel about that chapter image. While I think it's pretty sweet that we have a canon drawing of Hiro and Reika cuddling, it's... vexing how anthropomorphic Hiro looks. :KRUMP:

I guess now's an appropriate time to bring this back too:
Shining Sirius wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:24 am Also, are Reika and the kids now going to be aware that Hiro is dead? If Gin still hasn't told them, he's as bad as Weed.
Not only has Gin not told them about Hiro's death, but NOBODY has? Seriously?! What have these callous canines being doing for the last 6 months?! :tfw_sirius4:
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

The text on the first page says "Reika...are you in pain? I'm in pain too. Take care of the pups!"

Something that really bothers me in the chapter is that Kin asked Orion where their father was TWICE, and Orion didn't even bother to tell them that he was dead.
:OUT:
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Oof, that ending page kinda irks me. Of course Yoshi chooses to kill off another innocent mom... :tfw_aokabuto2: But at least it’s not Reika.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tsukitora wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:52 pm Oof, that ending page kinda irks me. Of course Yoshi chooses to kill off another innocent mom... :tfw_aokabuto2: But at least it’s not Reika.
I'm pretty sure she's just passed out from shock and not dead.

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Digsu wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:56 pm
Tsukitora wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:52 pm Oof, that ending page kinda irks me. Of course Yoshi chooses to kill off another innocent mom... :tfw_aokabuto2: But at least it’s not Reika.
I'm pretty sure she's just passed out from shock and not dead.
Either way wouldn’t surprise me tbh :tfw_sirius1:
Call me Cammi!

Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought the chapter image was unintentionally funny lol

Also imagine having two of your children killed (along with a dog that isn’t your child but you were meant to protect) and then finding out your husband died a long time ago and nobody bothered to tell you...poor Reika.
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Gingastar wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:18 pm
Shiruba wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:03 am
I recommend you buy manga off of CD Japan rather than eBay, personally.

You don’t need a middle man and they take PayPal. They always get in new volumes of manga, etc!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/

GDN volume 1:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK- ... 9cb5d1426c
Thanks! I never knew they took PayPal so I never used them. Ordered the first volume now :tfw_bella2:

Thanks for the chapter Blivery!
That chapter image...
:hiro: I have to go now, my planet needs me.
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

Wonder if Hirota's actually dead or just unconsious. Can't do him much good to have Crowe stomp on his neck.
Done.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”