Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu »

fantachan wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:00 pm Though I don't believe this is the first time rumors have been spreading about "the Ouu Army's demise," but it makes Crow and these other Aka-ari dogs a little more interesting. Whoever is leading this Aka-ari "army" is probably this story's Big Bad.
At least back in early GDW and GDWO, those rumors had some truth to them. This is the first time someone's (possibly) spreading the rumors just to cause trouble.

Also is it confirmed anywhere that Crow is with the Aka'ari and not just some unrelated goon who also happens to be using the rumors of Ohu's destruction for his own ends?

CrownedCanine
Fighter
Fighter

Post by CrownedCanine »

This chapter has a really cool chapter image :tfw_rigel3:

Poor Reika...she's really been through a lot
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Digsu wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 pm
fantachan wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:00 pm Though I don't believe this is the first time rumors have been spreading about "the Ouu Army's demise," but it makes Crow and these other Aka-ari dogs a little more interesting. Whoever is leading this Aka-ari "army" is probably this story's Big Bad.
At least back in early GDW and GDWO, those rumors had some truth to them. This is the first time someone's (possibly) spreading the rumors just to cause trouble.

Also is it confirmed anywhere that Crow is with the Aka'ari and not just some unrelated goon who also happens to be using the rumors of Ohu's destruction for his own ends?
I browsed through the chapter and I didn't find anything about Crow being connected to Aka-ari.

Fun fact: Aka-ari (赤蟻) translates to Red Ant. So it looks like these guys named their army after red ants. Neat. Since most ant colonies have queens, I can only hope that their leader is a female. :tfw_rigel1:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

fantachan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:21 am
Digsu wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 pm

I browsed through the chapter and I didn't find anything about Crow being connected to Aka-ari.

Fun fact: Aka-ari (赤蟻) translates to Red Ant. So it looks like these guys named their army after red ants. Neat. Since most ant colonies have queens, I can only hope that their leader is a female. :tfw_rigel1:
I find that really interesting. Like 99% not a chance of a female leader.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
SaskedieJagerin
Adviser
Adviser

Post by SaskedieJagerin »

Okay okay, now this is interesting.
I'm reaaaally curious to see who is spreading around this wrong information about the Ohu army, I hope it's a known character (someone from the army, someone that got mad that Sirius died? That didn't like how things went in general against Moonsoon? ) and not some new one, it'd be much more interesting to see a "familiar" face that turned against Weed and co for whatever reason tied to the Moonsoon battle!
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Digsu wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:04 pm
blivery wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:36 pm Chapter 19:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

:tfw_rigel1:
Okay I recommend everyone wait for Fanta's translation, but unless I'm horribly mistaken this chapter introduces a hell of a twist.
SPOILER
Again, unless I'm horribly wrong, the plot might really be going places now.

Oh yeah, and Tama is confirmed to be the eldest brother.
My money is on Noah being the one who spread the lies. He's secretly the one who's in charge of this new army and actually a super-villain

Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

SaskedieJagerin wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:15 am Okay okay, now this is interesting.
I'm reaaaally curious to see who is spreading around this wrong information about the Ohu army, I hope it's a known character (someone from the army, someone that got mad that Sirius died? That didn't like how things went in general against Moonsoon? ) and not some new one, it'd be much more interesting to see a "familiar" face that turned against Weed and co for whatever reason tied to the Moonsoon battle!
It must be Chibi and Shion is translating. :derpgin:
Sesshy_x3

Post by Sesshy_x3 »

Uru wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:22 am
SaskedieJagerin wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:15 am Okay okay, now this is interesting.
It must be Chibi and Shion is translating. :derpgin:
Glad to see I was not the only one thinking this after reading the summary. At this point I would not be shocked if this becomes canon. :EMPTY:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

tbh I highly doubt the guy spreading the rumors is going to be an existing character. There aren't any major pre-existing villains left who'd do it and "it's a former ally who's betrayed them" is an unlikely scenario because Ginga doesn't really do that - the only traitorous characters we've seen have either been very obviously not trustworthy from the start (Sniper) or only tricked the Ohu army for like two chapters before turning around and announcing they're evil (Stone), and in most cases we the readers are outright shown them talking about how evil they are beforehand.

Speaking of Sniper, though - if it does end up being an existing character, my money's on him.

"But Digsu, he's been dead for ages!" Yeah, and so was Hyena and look how that ended up. If we're doing pointlessly reviving characters now, Sniper would be a prime candidate because him being around again would mean that Noah would be forced to face his past and that could be used as a source of conflict. He also has a massive grudge against the Ohu army and has a history of using lies and deceit to cause them trouble (convincing Bill that they're a threat and turning Tesshin against them), so spreading rumors that they're gone would be right up his alley - either their reputation and power goes down drastically, or someone goes to Futago Pass to claim it for themselves and potentially ends up wiping them out for real, so it'd be a win-win for him any way.

Either that or, like I said, it's a completely new character.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Okay, but what if Bella is the leader of the Aka-ari army? ... I just want some character development, any character development, for her darn it.

Thank you blivery for Chapter 19. :DD
Is it just my presumption that Orion seems to be supressing his rage in this chapter? He looked like he got angry and then promptly remembered Sirius and calmed down. :orion: :sirius:
Oh, and Weed is back to yelling? Uh-oh, is he transforming back into Reed again? :OUT:
Digsu wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:21 pm
Shining Sirius wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:09 pm
Digsu wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:39 am Honestly, I think that's being generous. I'd say he's more like more physically imposing version of Nero.
That works better! Now watch as I wait for the real villain to rip off Crow's paws and urinate on him and to then become uncomfortable as the panel includes an illustration of a dog with hairy testicles.
Do we actually have a motive for why Crow is doing this yet? Or is it just because villainy? I sure don't recall even a sliver of a backstory to his name yet. All we've really got to go on is that he knows of the Ohu army and purposefully sought out to make them his enemies.
Just this bit from chapter 13 that explains that he used to play nice with the rest of the pack until Munechika and the other fighters left for Ohu and never came back (which, in hindsight, could be another hint that he's just a coward and not nearly as threatening as he looks).

Even though it feels like it's been ages already, we're still barely two volumes into the story yet. It's possible we'll get some explanation or motive for what he's doing later, or maybe he's just like Kamakiri and is bad just for the sake of being bad. Which imho wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, having a major villain without a sob story in their past and who are just doing it because they just like being evil would be kind of refreshing at this point.
Hmm, that's not much to go on right enough, but I guess it's pretty telling that he's just a coward after all. But wait, if he was nice enough while the adults were around, then why did they leave to get help? Maybe evidence that Crow's just a pawn in some bigger scheme? :tfw_aokabuto1:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:25 pm Oh, and Weed is back to yelling? Uh-oh, is he transforming back into Reed again? :OUT:

Hmm, that's not much to go on right enough, but I guess it's pretty telling that he's just a coward after all. But wait, if he was nice enough while the adults were around, then why did they leave to get help? Maybe evidence that Crow's just a pawn in some bigger scheme? :tfw_aokabuto1:
He's screaming "WAIT!" because the two packs were just about to come to blows, followed by him challenging Crow to a duel. Weed getting upset at the thought of unnecessary violence is the most in-character he's been in a while, honestly.

They mean that Crow was nice while Munechika and the other guys who left for Ohu were around. I assume they were the most capable warriors in the pack (hence why they were the only ones willing to help the Ohu army fight the bears) and once they were gone, he felt comfortable with turning against the pups and the other non-fighter adults.

Also imho Crow being an old member of the Akatsuchi pack rather than some random baddie who stumbled upon them makes me doubt he's got anything to do with the Aka'ari or any other external pack. It implies he'd been in the pack long before their real leader disappeared, meaning that someone would have had to tell him to infiltrate the pack a long time ago to wait for a chance to take over and he doesn't really strike me as the sleeper agent type.

Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

The villain being Chibi kinda makes sense? The red in his fur could be where the Aka-ari army gets its name. And it would be very convincing if a bear was the one telling that the Ohu army is gone, especially since he is Akakabuto's descendant. Maybe he can already speak the doggy language without Shion needing to translate everything to him?
Not gonna get my hopes up with this either tho... I just hope that if it's a completely new villain, it will be an interesting one!
At first, I thought the villain could be Akakamakiri gone salty with grief... but we see him in the 1st chapter chilling with everyone so I guess it's not him either. It just would have gone well with his fur color and the bug theme in his name.
Image Image
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Digsu wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:40 pm
Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:25 pm Oh, and Weed is back to yelling? Uh-oh, is he transforming back into Reed again? :OUT:

He's screaming "WAIT!" because the two packs were just about to come to blows, followed by him challenging Crow to a duel. Weed getting upset at the thought of unnecessary violence is the most in-character he's been in a while, honestly.

They mean that Crow was nice while Munechika and the other guys who left for Ohu were around. I assume they were the most capable warriors in the pack (hence why they were the only ones willing to help the Ohu army fight the bears) and once they were gone, he felt comfortable with turning against the pups and the other non-fighter adults.

Also imho Crow being an old member of the Akatsuchi pack rather than some random baddie who stumbled upon them makes me doubt he's got anything to do with the Aka'ari or any other external pack. It implies he'd been in the pack long before their real leader disappeared, meaning that someone would have had to tell him to infiltrate the pack a long time ago to wait for a chance to take over and he doesn't really strike me as the sleeper agent type.
Oh that's a relief that he's still the classic Weed instead of the Reed we got in TLW. :weed:

Whoops, I forgot that they initially left to help fight Monsoon and his kin and not because Crow had taken over. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Munechika is Miho's grandpa, right? There are so many character names being thrown around in this series that I'm having trouble keeping up.

Oof, your analyses never fail to astound me, Digsu. My pitiful brain starts to hurt when I try to make sense of all the possibilities... though, I also doubt that Crow is intelligent enough to formulate a plan beyond throwing his weight around when the strongest men are gone. But I guess it still remains to be seen what exactly happened to those other dogs and just why Crow was so keen to make enemies out of the Ohu army. :tfw_orion2
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:53 pm Correct me if I'm wrong, but Munechika is Miho's grandpa, right? There are so many character names being thrown around in this series that I'm having trouble keeping up.
Munechika is Miho and Hirota's father, Grandpa is still nameless.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:52 pm
Kaiken wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:41 pm What if it's Noah? :noah:
Hadn't Noah forgotten that the Ohu army even existed, though? He probably hadn't even heard about the war against Monsoon, either.

Surely he's heard of Ohu's existence? I think he only forgot his own involvement there...
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:36 pm
Digsu wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:52 pm
Kaiken wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:41 pm What if it's Noah? :noah:
Hadn't Noah forgotten that the Ohu army even existed, though? He probably hadn't even heard about the war against Monsoon, either.

Surely he's heard of Ohu's existence? I think he only forgot his own involvement there...
Given the way he has violent flashbacks upon seeing Orion and just hearing the word "Paradise", I feel like it's kind of implied that he hasn't heard of them since he got amnesia. At least I assume he wouldn't have such a drastic response to it if he knew about it beforehand
:tfw_aokabuto1:

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

How exciting!!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Chapter 19 is available
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/1 ... er-19.html

You know, the way they keep hyping up the match between Weed and Crow is suspicious to me...
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Thanks Blivery and Fanta!

I really liked this chapter! Things finally feel like they're picking up and I'm interested to see where things go. The scene with Orion and talking about how he will only get sadder in the days to come and seeing Reika, Kin, and Tama sad over Hiro made me really sad.

I'm glad that I can be excited for the next chapters again!
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Ugh...

Orion...you’re doing so good, and I’ve really been loving how you’re handling things so far, but for the love of GOD, don’t pull a Sirius. You don’t need to be like him and you certainly don’t owe him anything. I know I sound super petty, but if Yoshi wants to keep playing the “Sirius is a poor lost soul who was too innocent for the evil world” card, then I’m gonna keep being salty about it.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”