Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by FDQ »

I think Munechika and the others never actually made it to the battle with Monsoon. They were probably killed by Big Bossman as soon as they left their village so Big Bossman could take over.

That explains why they never came back and why no one in the army knows who they are.

blivery
Potential
Potential

Post by blivery »

FDQ wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:31 am I think Munechika and the others never actually made it to the battle with Monsoon. They were probably killed by Big Bossman as soon as they left their village so Big Bossman could take over.

That explains why they never came back and why no one in the army knows who they are.
Thats exactly the same I also thought of ...
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

blivery wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:07 am
FDQ wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:31 am I think Munechika and the others never actually made it to the battle with Monsoon. They were probably killed by Big Bossman as soon as they left their village so Big Bossman could take over.

Thats exactly the same I also thought of ...
Same.

Also, what is with this sudden insistence that Kyoshiro and Sasuke are BFFs? I feel like you could count the times they've interacted with one another prior to GDN on one hand. It's like Yoshi's desperately trying to find a replacement for GB as Sasuke's comedy duo partner, which'd be fine and dandy if a) Kyoshiro wasn't one of the worst choices for a comic relief and b) he didn't already have a replacement for GB - Bon already served as Sasuke's fellow comic relief in GDWO and TLW. To make matters worse, Bon's character made him a much better fit for the role than Kyoshiro, further making it seem like he's a square peg being forced into a round hole.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Thanks again blivery and Fanta! :heart:

Jyoshiro can go eat a bowl of dicks for breakfast. :OUT:

On another note; yeah, I definitely think that Goliath has been murdering those dogs and then impersonating the Ohu army. Also, I'm getting irked by these chapters being titled 'The Male Called Noah' when we haven't seen him for like three or four chapters now... :noah:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:43 am Thanks again blivery and Fanta! :heart:

On another note; yeah, I definitely think that Goliath has been murdering those dogs and then impersonating the Ohu army. Also, I'm getting irked by these chapters being titled 'The Male Called Noah' when we haven't seen him for like three or four chapters now... :noah:
The first five or six were all called "Orion disappears" even though he didn't even show up in all of them, so it's just more of the same.

I just don't understand what's up with it. Ginga hasn't ever done that recycling chapter titles thing before, has it? Why not just create generic-sounding chapter names (or even just telling an assistant to do it) instead of just reusing the same chapter titles ad nauseam?

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:56 am
Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:43 am Thanks again blivery and Fanta! :heart:

The first five or six were all called "Orion disappears" even though he didn't even show up in all of them, so it's just more of the same.

I just don't understand what's up with it. Ginga hasn't ever done that recycling chapter titles thing before, has it? Why not just create generic-sounding chapter names (or even just telling an assistant to do it) instead of just reusing the same chapter titles ad nauseam?
I think the chapters later will go back to normal. The same title series could be meant as one single chapter, just cut into separate ones in order to work in Goraku magazines.
That is also very reason why (I think) so little has been revealed. We don't know who main villain is. We don't even know Goliath's name and intentions. The story is fascinating, but so little is revealed! That might not be a bad storytelling (like it was in TLW, although they did reveal stuff, it was still bad due to other issues), this might just be a prolonged beginning!
When the chapters goes back to regular named ones, I believe story will be again more saturated and clear, like in GDWO and GDW
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I just can't wait to see Cross, Gin, Kurotora and Akame's reactions when they see Hyena/Noah!!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:56 am

The first 8 chapters had same name, and I think these 8 chapters up to chapter 16 gonna be called like this as well.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Raki wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:48 am I just can't wait to see Cross, Gin, Kurotora and Akame's reactions when they see Hyena/Noah!!
Did Akame ever even really get to meet him? I'm not sure. He came back during the Koga fight, but we never actually saw them together. Right after the battle, Akame left with Gin to Shikoku and Hyena went with Moss.

And before the final battle, Hyena "died" while saving Ben.

So if they did meet, it would only have been for a short time. Not sure if Akame would even recognize him.

But Cross, Gin and Kuro should recognize him. And do they even know he saved Ben back then? Ben was blind, so he probably never knew who saved him.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

FDQ wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:32 pm
Raki wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:48 am I just can't wait to see Cross, Gin, Kurotora and Akame's reactions when they see Hyena/Noah!!
Did Akame ever even really get to meet him? I'm not sure. He came back during the Koga fight, but we never actually saw them together. Right after the battle, Akame left with Gin to Shikoku and Hyena went with Moss.

And before the final battle, Hyena "died" while saving Ben.

So if they did meet, it would only have been for a short time. Not sure if Akame would even recognize him.

But Cross, Gin and Kuro should recognize him. And do they even know he saved Ben back then? Ben was blind, so he probably never knew who saved him.
I'm sure Yoshi won't think about how Akame shouldn't remember him. Though, I'm honestly shocked he made Tesshin and Ken not recognize him, despite being young at the time. Seemed like something he'd force to happen... so I guess we'll have to wait and see!

But you bring up a sad good point that no one but Gin knows about Hyena's good deed. Cross doesn't even realize her husband wouldn't even be alive if it wasn't for him.. Hopefully Gin remembers Sniper explaining the story to him so they can all know.

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:41 pm I'm sure Yoshi won't think about how Akame shouldn't remember him. Though, I'm honestly shocked he made Tesshin and Ken not recognize him, despite being young at the time. Seemed like something he'd force to happen... so I guess we'll have to wait and see!

But you bring up a sad good point that no one but Gin knows about Hyena's good deed. Cross doesn't even realize her husband wouldn't even be alive if it wasn't for him.. Hopefully Gin remembers Sniper explaining the story to him so they can all know.
Considering how Noah's backstory hasn't really been lining up with what Sniper told Gin, I don't know if Yoshi even remembers their exchange anymore :EMPTY: So I think it's roughly a 50/50 chance whether or not Gin's going to remember Hyena betraying Sniper or if he's just going to go "wtf why are you good now" when (or, god forbid, if) he meets Noah.

Also Tesshin not remembering Hyena despite remembering Akakabuto in TLW, despite the fact that he never even saw Akakabuto himself, is still a terrible attempt at building suspense for the moment old Ohu soldiers finally get to see him again.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:44 pm Considering how Noah's backstory hasn't really been lining up with what Sniper told Gin, I don't know if Yoshi even remembers their exchange anymore :EMPTY: So I think it's roughly a 50/50 chance whether or not Gin's going to remember Hyena betraying Sniper or if he's just going to go "wtf why are you good now" when (or, god forbid, if) he meets Noah.

Also Tesshin not remembering Hyena despite remembering Akakabuto in TLW, despite the fact that he never even saw Akakabuto himself, is still a terrible attempt at building suspense for the moment old Ohu soldiers finally get to see him again.
I'm in physical pain thinking about how true that is and now I'm worried about Gin seeing Hyena more than ever now

help us all OTL

ImageImage
blivery
Potential
Potential

Post by blivery »

Finally an interesting chapter.. Here is chapter 14!
Please ignore page 14 being the wrong way round

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

:tfw_rigel1:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

blivery wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:55 pm Finally an interesting chapter.. Here is chapter 14!
Please ignore page 14 being the wrong way round

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

:tfw_rigel1:
He makes a return in flashback! I'm happy XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Aww, it's Joe!

There's something unsettling about the top right panel on page 15... |:O
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Joe! That's a neat little surprise.

Also this puppy sleeping next to Hyena is adorable

The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

So, Joe showed up in a flashback, and there's a new puppy....

Watch Joe be alive but amnesiac, and that's his new kid.

Who's Koshiro?
Done.
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Thank you blivery!

...Is it me or is Clifford REALLY shrunk down this chapter?

But yeah Orion, someone, FINALLY remembering Mr "got killed off for looking like Weed".
icon by azzai
Platina
Defender
Defender

Post by Platina »

Mako wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:19 pm So, Joe showed up in a flashback, and there's a new puppy....

Watch Joe be alive but amnesiac, and that's his new kid.

Who's Koshiro?

I would welcome that with open arms, even if it means having even more unanswered questions!
Last edited by Platina on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Platina wolf by me.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I checked first vol of GDWO; and the flashback of Joe, has the exact same words as then (though some spelled in kanji here and hiragana in GDWO).

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”