Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu »

Managed to get the translation done pretty quickly as the dialogue in this chapter was fairly simple. :FLY:
SPOILER
I like how Shion keeps switching between "Mr. Noah" (ノアさん/Noah-san) and "Old Man Noah" (ノアじい/Noah-jii) depending on how exasperated he's feeling with him at the moment.
:bon1:

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

That was fast, Digsu! Thank you for that. :bon1:
SPOILER
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Thanks vanille and Digsu

that was brutal. And we haven't seen Rigel and the rest of the Ohu dogs for a while. I wonder what they are doing
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

My ch100 thoughts
SPOILER
Yoshi really seems to hate keeping around unique character designs.

Oh! And in response to Digsu’s translation since it came up once I finished my initial thoughts…
SPOILER
Someone please start an AU where Tatsumi and/or some of his companions were able to make it south and start a new pack with more positive ways :tfw_sirius5: I just really feel that killing off that whole group was yet another waste of potential as well as interesting character designs.

Digsu, could you also tell what the front chapter page says? I’m just curious XD

totally took me around an hour to type up this whole dang post o.o’
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tsukitora wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:01 pm • Returned to his old self? Does that just mean he’s out of his floating trance or is that supposed to hint that all his psychic powers might be gone too?? :tfw_aokabuto1:
It just means he's gone back to normal from his "casual conversation with God" trance.
Tsukitora wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:01 pm Digsu, could you also tell what the front chapter page says? I’m just curious XD
SPOILER
I generally don't bother translating the first pages of the chapters out of laziness since the text is usually just fluff reiterating what happened in the previous chapter.

Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

So Yoshi really just did that :/ That captain could've gotten development but no he was just killed off like that. I wanted to know where they were heading to...wasted potential in my opinion. What a shame.
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Loved that stunning coloured page! Too bad it wasn't any colour reveal of characters, but oh well.

And dang! Wanwan and Tatsumi there, like, wtf?!

Edit
This chapter also only has 19 pages? O.o
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Oh wow, hooray for Chapter 100! Thank you so much, vanille! 💖 And thanks to you as well, Digsu, for translating it so quickly! :heart:

Those are such pretty pages of Noah and Zion against that starry backdrop. 🌌

"He sure doesn't have the face of an angel!"
Zion! That was rude! Ouch, but I feel bad for him getting scraped up falling down the rocks.

Hmm, interesting that Noah can't remember any of that... this "Creator" sure seems to work in mysterious ways.

Yikes, I guess the cowardice of Tatsumi and his gang has come back to bite them... big time. That was brutal. 😨
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

I AM A SUCKER FOR STARRY BACKGROUNDS
and even if I wasn't, it's still way better than we got in TLW... colored pages of humans burying dogs

Though honestly didn't expect Yoshi to do anything with them / would later forget about them I'm still a little disappointed what I've been calling "that saluki" and "Australian cattle dog GB" got offed :tfw_orion1:

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

YES YES YES FINALLY HE’S DEAD, I NEVER THOUGHT I’D SAY THIS BUT FUCKING THANK YOU WANWAN
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Wow what is happening
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

kahooton wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:13 pm I hope we get to see more villain development like Crow and Tatsumi here... I absolutely loved Masashige's rebellion and how he tried his hardest to be better, but with the way he was raised it was truly hard for him. If only he had more time :(
:EMPTY: nevermind
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

idk if I'm just cynical, but I fully assume that Tatsumi would just have become the local bandit of some small town on one of Japan's southern islands, maybe even going about it like Yuusuke in GDW by terrorizing the dogs of some small town by claiming he's a former Ohu soldier himself.

Speaking of which... what happened to the whole "everyone thinks the Ohu army's dead" thing? :THOT: Why does he suddenly say the Ohu army's influence spans the whole country (or at least Honshu) when 99% of the dog population should still think they're all gone? Was someone busy running around Japan and spreading the truth during the weeks the Ohu dogs were huddling inside Saheiji's mine teaching history lessons to each other?

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

RIP Tatsumi and his exploding eyeball
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Out of all the villains to have too many followers, Wanwan is the one that has me puzzled the most. I mean Victor's allies were only ever trained to obey orders but these guys just went along with this dude for no reason (at least one that is not ever explained) and whether they were around him, they froze even though he made it clear he wanted to eat them! Maybe they deserve to die for how stupid they were to think of him as a leader in the first place!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Cover of GDN Volume 12 is revealed!

Same as the cover of that one Goraku magazine. I called it.

Volume 12 coming out on October 7th.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Nara
Potential
Potential

Post by Nara »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:43 pm Cover of GDN Volume 12 is revealed!

Same as the cover of that one Goraku magazine. I called it.

Volume 12 coming out on October 7th.
It's another one of those floating head compilations, but I really like the contrast between Orion's red fur and the blue sky. Looks nice, I hope the Finnish edition will keep the same background.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Something about the cover make me wanna tilt my head with how Orion is standing XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
vanille
Translator
Translator

Post by vanille »

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Oh yay! Thank you for Chapter 101, vanille! :heart:

Wan Wan still doesn't seem to have much clue about what happened to him... and honestly, I'm not so sure the rest of us do either.

Ooooh, we got more pages with prehistoric creatures and plants! So pretty! 🦕

That's a dramatic page of the bomb explosion and the tank on fire... I assume that's The Creator talking to Noah about the horrors of war.

Wait, what??? Did... The Creator just heal Noah's eyes?! :derpgin:
Aww, Noah looks happier... so what if this is crazy - Noah's happy and healthy again, that's all that matters. :noah:

Yay! And we're back to Bob and Chibi-bear too! Oh, and Crow, who is looking a bit more relaxed.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”