Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Leomonade »

Hey.. they are not trying to imply that Orion is Riki's reincarnation or something right..? Right????
Cause Orion says Hyena/Noah feels familiar.. "like someone he used to know"...

But other than that... I REALLY like how Orion has realized how crazy, childish, power hungry and selfish he was acting in TLW.
Also, I love how Hyena is both encouraging and scolding Orion. Ginga really is full of good adoptive parents haha. (why do the biological ones fail like 90% of the time??)
Image Image
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

If it hasn't for those two spirits of Hyena before... Oh well

It's like Those times in GDW didn't happen...
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Thanks for the translation Fanta!!

Gosh this really is a mess. XD
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Leomonade wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:48 am Hey.. they are not trying to imply that Orion is Riki's reincarnation or something right..? Right????

But other than that... I REALLY like how Orion has realized how crazy, childish, power hungry and selfish he was acting in TLW.
Also, I love how Hyena is both encouraging and scolding Orion. Ginga really is full of good adoptive parents haha. (why do the biological ones fail like 90% of the time??)
Oh no.... Oh no, don't, Yoshi. It's one thing if Noah recognizes Orion/Ken/Tesshin from past people or their pup selves, but not if Orion himself is a reincarnation ;; how does that work!? Riki's really changed if so .-.

I like the development too. I wonder how he'd describe himself now.
In Ginga's world, blood is not thicker than water at all. I can agree with that xD

ImageImage
Platina
Defender
Defender

Post by Platina »

So Hyena doesn't recall his own past...? At this point, neither does Yoshi! :OUT: Looks like we're not going to get an explanation of how he survived having his fucking stomach ripped open in GDW because it's obvious Yoshi wants us to forget it ever happened in the first place, as if he regrets killing Hyena off! Well sorry, but it just makes it all the more confusing!
Platina wolf by me.
Sketch-Shepherd

Post by Sketch-Shepherd »

Okay, so I kind of have a stupid fucking theory to help me get behind the idea of Hyena being still alive. Unless Takahashi literally says that Hyena never EVER died in the first place and he's been alive this whole damn time (which I wouldn't know because I'm still behind so idk if it's directly stated), I'm going with this idea I talked about a bit on Discord:

What if some kind of All Dogs Go to Heaven-style bullshit happened in which the heavens LITERALLY made Hyena come back to Earth to live a second life or some shit for whatever reason? They gave him a new name and erased most of his old memories or something, but some triggers can still give him flashbacks of his life as Hyena?

Something like this wouldn't even be out of place in Ginga. Then again, I don't know if YT DIRECTLY stated that Hyena was just never dead in the first place but I'm just going with this theory for now. If it's debunked I'm still gonna say "fuck canon" because it's not like Ginga has never had so many fuckass retcons like this before.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tsukitora wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:30 am ”Everyone in Ouu’s looking for their leader-“ TESSHIN YOU TURD, THE LEADER IS WEED :OUT:
I already talked about this a couple chapters back.
Digsu wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:35 pm Regarding Andy referring to Orion as "[their] leader", in the original Japanese he calls him "taishou" (大将) which can mean "general/admiral" or "leader/boss". Since he's not calling him "supreme commander"/"soudaishou" (総大将), which is the actual title of the leader of Ohu, I'm assuming he's not saying that Orion is the leader, just a high-ranking soldier :surprisegin:
Leomonade wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:48 am Hey.. they are not trying to imply that Orion is Riki's reincarnation or something right..? Right????
I doubt it. Unsai and the elder of Heizou's pack had similar "you're just like Riki of Ohu" flashbacks upon seeing Orion back in GDWO.

As for Orion's "I feel like I've seen you, too" line, I assume it's similar to Andy first meeting the old Ohu soldiers and how he felt weird because "John's blood within him answered the call of his comrades". So not literal reincarnation, just... some sort of blood flashback or whatever you want to call it.

Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

You're both awesome, Blivery and Fanta!

To be honest, I'm really not too fussed that Hyena is back, I can roll with it. I'm more interested to see what's going on with Miho and the other pup though.
Glad to see Orion is really maturing now.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Ooh, fast work as always, Fanta! Thanks for chapter 7! :heart:

Ugh, even Tesshin acknowledges Orion as a leader? He. Is. Not. The. Leader. Of. Ohu. Weed is. :EMPTY:
But, I do get what Digsu (thank you for translating the difference by the way) is saying about it being a word that doesn't seem to work in English the same way it does in Japanese. Still, couldn't they just call him their friend and forego the whole 'we're the Ohu army, tell us what you know' approach?

Anyway, moving on; the first 2 pages of this latest chapter are so awkward. XD
Also, Yoshi, please don't be implying that Orion is a reincarnation of Riki... apart from appearances and being a good fighter, Orion has shown himself to be nothing like Riki.
Still, it's really nice seeing a positive change in Orion and... I kinda get where he's coming from in not wanting to tell his mother and sister about Sirius - Orion himself is grieving pretty badly and it would seem that he doesn't want Koyuki and Bella to feel the same. Even if it is rather rude to essentially abandon them and keep them out of the loop for months at a time. At least I understand where he's coming from. :/

Hmm, and speaking of Riki... it almost appears that Hyena/Noah is shaping up to be the new Riki - going through traumatic event and starting a different life with a case of amnesia, covered in scars. Who would've thought? :hyena: :riki:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Blivery, Fanta, you two keep just being awesome. Thank you for your hard work.

Okay, one thing that caught my attention in this chapter wasn't the stuff with Hyena/Noah, but the puppies...they clearly have food, yet they don't give it to the pups. Maybe Hyena is related to whatever is going on with the pack Jyoshiro and Sasuke met? I am actually kind of invested in this mystery, but knowing Takahashi and his ability to create an interesting mystery and giving it a good resolution, I'm not holding my breath.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

YamaDora wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:20 am Blivery, Fanta, you two keep just being awesome. Thank you for your hard work.

Okay, one thing that caught my attention in this chapter wasn't the stuff with Hyena/Noah, but the puppies...they clearly have food, yet they don't give it to the pups. Maybe Hyena is related to whatever is going on with the pack Jyoshiro and Sasuke met? I am actually kind of invested in this mystery, but knowing Takahashi and his ability to create an interesting mystery and giving it a good resolution, I'm not holding my breath.
They didn't give them any because Kogomi said that the puppies had just eaten when he stopped them pouncing on the dog treats. So they're just being little greedy-greeds. XP
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Aah, it just clicked to me! Here's a way to explain Hyena returning after being ghost before:
there is nothing wrong with Hyena being alive, actually. The ghosts weren't real astral projections, they were just visual manifestation of Ohu's former comrades (works in Hougen's case, too). Meaning, ANYONE who once fought for Ohu and are long gone, can be there, regardless if they're alive or not, as long as they are not present right there with their real bodies. Because the ghosts aren't really ghosts. They don't really exist there, in any form, they just represent Ohu as itself, consisting of it's greatest warriors (more or less, hahah), whenever dead or alive.

Yeaaaah, it's a headcanon, but I really really want for my beloved most favorite series to make sense.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Rusty
Victor
Victor

Post by Rusty »

Kaiken wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:24 am Aah, it just clicked to me! Here's a way to explain Hyena returning after being ghost before:
there is nothing wrong with Hyena being alive, actually. The ghosts weren't real astral projections, they were just visual manifestation of Ohu's former comrades (works in Hougen's case, too). Meaning, ANYONE who once fought for Ohu and are long gone, can be there, regardless if they're alive or not, as long as they are not present right there with their real bodies. Because the ghosts aren't really ghosts. They don't really exist there, in any form, they just represent Ohu as itself, consisting of it's greatest warriors (more or less, hahah), whenever dead or alive.

Yeaaaah, it's a headcanon, but I really really want for my beloved most favorite series to make sense.
I wish this were true because it's a really nice analogy/headcanon but wasn't there a scene when Moss died and Hyena was there?
icon by dolan
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Rusty wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:22 pm
Kaiken wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:24 am Aah, it just clicked to me! Here's a way to explain Hyena returning after being ghost before:

I wish this were true because it's a really nice analogy/headcanon but wasn't there a scene when Moss died and Hyena was there?
Yeah, but you could maybe argue it as having been just a hallucination Moss had right before he died, I guess? Basically the Ginga version of "going into the light".

Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

I would be tempted to think this sort of stuff is meant to be taken literally in Ginga.
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Digsu wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:32 pm

Yeah, but you could maybe argue it as having been just a hallucination Moss had right before he died, I guess? Basically the Ginga version of "going into the light".
What confirms or denies what we see is the narrator, who confirmed that both Hougen and Moss saw Hyena, though. And either way, it'd be impossible for Hougen to see Hyena because he never met him, especially since the narrator calls them"spirits of the dead".
icon by azzai
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

It works for Moss as well. He was welcomed by the Ohu ideology that visually presented itself as best dogs who embodied said ideology whenever dead or alive. Weed could also have been there, since he wasn't at battleground.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
RiKyy
Mentor
Mentor

Post by RiKyy »

Wait wait wait wait! xD
I only know, that there was GNG cover on the first Goraku manga cover, and nobody know who is Noah. I didn't read this topic since that, and now I reading and Hyena is Noah? I never ever thought for it... Wooooow it can be amazing storyline!!! :O I truly curious what Yoshi brings out from this :D

(Sorry, I didn't read everything yet, so I just writing that is amazing xDD )

My collection site: https://rikyy.weebly.com/
Check it :riki:
Punjab
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Punjab »

I'm sorry but the first 2 pages of this chapter were so funny

"HUH??!?!"
"..........."
"HMMMMMMMMMMM..."
"UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
"????"
"WHAT"

XD XD XD XD
MasterOfCider
Recruit
Recruit

Post by MasterOfCider »

I'm not a fan of amnesia used as a plot device in most works, and I'm definitely not loving it here. Nor am I pleased that the continuity was so blatantly disregarded, but this is such insanity that I cannot look away. I'm hoping it's better than what I've seen of The Last Wars.
"Satan takes me to the pasta."

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”