Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Kaiken »

Dragon wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:04 am
Rusty wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:38 pm My vote on Hiro being a manly man with crying Reika.
Id actually really want the manga if that was the cover, but I dont think theres ever been a Ginga cover without the main on it, right...? :tfw_orion2
GDWO volume 29
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:09 am I stand by my original opinion that that chapter image looked like the cover of a sappy romance novel and imho it has absolutely no place on the cover of an action manga series like this.
Yeah I know almost everyone here hated it except a few people lol But I could dream for Ginga to do something unique for once. :tfw_orion1:
Kaiken wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:43 pm
Dragon wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:04 am
Rusty wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:38 pm My vote on Hiro being a manly man with crying Reika.
Id actually really want the manga if that was the cover, but I dont think theres ever been a Ginga cover without the main on it, right...? :tfw_orion2
GDWO volume 29
Oh cool! And Masamune too <3 I think I might consider getting that one day 0.0

ImageImage
blivery
Potential
Potential

Post by blivery »

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Thanks, blivery! It's nice to have a more action-packed chapter again.

I also appreciate the callback to Chutora's sons' introduction with the "sliding down the tree" trick.

...Though having callbacks like that when the series has trouble remembering more major events does feel a bit surreal at times :tfw_aokabuto1:

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Thank you for Chapter 18 blivery! :heart:

Finally, a chapter with some action that doesn't involve Jyoshiro. Kagetora's got some moves in this chapter - nice to see him getting more attention in this manga and being the first to draw blood from Crow. That bash on the head looked like it hurt, though... :kagetora:

This was a pretty good chapter. That panel on the 2nd last page with Crow and Rocket really hammers home just how massive our villain is, considering how tall and lanky Borzois are. :tfw_sirius1:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:00 pm Thanks, blivery! It's nice to have a more action-packed chapter again.

I also appreciate the callback to Chutora's sons' introduction with the "sliding down the tree" trick.

...Though having callbacks like that when the series has trouble remembering more major events does feel a bit surreal at times :tfw_aokabuto1:
Woho!

And I almost expected Crow to break Kagetora's leg when he bit it. XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Thanks Blivery!

An action packed, decent chapter that doesn’t involve Jyoushiro and has actual callbacks and makes me actually interested in what’s going on???

Nice chapter. I really enjoyed seeing things be more action packed without it being filled with Kyoushiro’s stupidity. I hopw we don’t see Kyoushiro for a while xD
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Exciting chapter! I'm still curious why Weed calls himself the former supreme leader, so hopefully we'll get some insight on that in chapter 19.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Kagetora doing the tree sliding shows that Yoshi (or editors?) are going back and rereading stuff... it's just too bad a consistent story and personality of characters couldn't be one of those things they kept up with too @_@
I love seeing Kagetora again though. awesome~

ImageImage
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Chapter 18 is done.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/1 ... er-18.html

Kagetora is a small dog... Crow is a big dog... so I'm calling Kagetora's nearly unbreakable neck bullshit in this.
SPOILER
Last edited by fantachan on Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Thank you blivery and Fanta!

It was a better chapter, though yeah Kagetora's got a tough plot armor. Also Crow called him a brat, isn't Kagetora just a bit younger than Gin...
icon by azzai
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Go Kagetora!!

I... I did wish he broken Kage's leg here... at least something...
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

I know it’s probably been discussed already, but Weed, please don’t call yourself “former” leader. Orion’s said before he doesn’t even want your position, so don’t force it upon him just because he’s your eldest living son. :tfw_sirius2:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

fantachan wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:52 am Chapter 18 is done.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/1 ... er-18.html

Kagetora is a small dog... Crow is a big dog... so I'm calling Kagetora's nearly unbreakable neck bullshit in this.
SPOILER
Thanks Fanta!
SPOILER
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I wonder if Crow being too much of a weakling to break Kagetora's neck is actually perfectly intentional. Being physically incapable of killing any skilled soldier in single combat like that is unheard of for major Ginga villains, so maybe this is foreshadowing the fact that he's 100% bark and no bite and he's only capable of beating other dogs with zero combat experience, or that he outright can't fight properly to save his life and his extraordinary size is literally the only thing he's got going for himself.

Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

yeah, seems that Crow leads through intimidation versus brute strength. though the only aspect of that about him is his size, since the way he talks isn't all that intimidating... I find Bill from GNG more so! and he's a good guy!
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Thank you Fanta for such a swiftly delivered translation! :tfw_bella2:

I have to agree with many points made about Crow; I'm not feeling the intimidation factor from him either and I also find myself getting on board with the theory that he's not actually our main villain. I think Fanta has summed it up best. I feel like he's just a tame version of Hougen at present. I'm kinda finding it hard to believe he may have actually killed anybody when he just orders his CROW-nies to do the dirty work while he himself doesn't have the strength necessary to break a Kai dog's neck. :tfw_aokabuto1:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:27 am I feel like he's just a tame version of Hougen at present.
Honestly, I think that's being generous. I'd say he's more like more physically imposing version of Nero.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Digsu wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:39 am
Shining Sirius wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:27 am I feel like he's just a tame version of Hougen at present.
Honestly, I think that's being generous. I'd say he's more like more physically imposing version of Nero.
That works better! Now watch as I wait for the real villain to rip off Crow's paws and urinate on him and to then become uncomfortable as the panel includes an illustration of a dog with hairy testicles.
Do we actually have a motive for why Crow is doing this yet? Or is it just because villainy? I sure don't recall even a sliver of a backstory to his name yet. All we've really got to go on is that he knows of the Ohu army and purposefully sought out to make them his enemies.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:09 pm
Digsu wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:39 am
That works better! Now watch as I wait for the real villain to rip off Crow's paws and urinate on him and to then become uncomfortable as the panel includes an illustration of a dog with hairy testicles.
Do we actually have a motive for why Crow is doing this yet? Or is it just because villainy? I sure don't recall even a sliver of a backstory to his name yet. All we've really got to go on is that he knows of the Ohu army and purposefully sought out to make them his enemies.
Just this bit from chapter 13 that explains that he used to play nice with the rest of the pack until Munechika and the other fighters left for Ohu and never came back (which, in hindsight, could be another hint that he's just a coward and not nearly as threatening as he looks).

Even though it feels like it's been ages already, we're still barely two volumes into the story yet. It's possible we'll get some explanation or motive for what he's doing later, or maybe he's just like Kamakiri and is bad just for the sake of being bad. Which imho wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, having a major villain without a sob story in their past and who are just doing it because they just like being evil would be kind of refreshing at this point.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”