Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Hyzenthlay Rose
Champion
Champion

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:59 am

Thanks blivery and Fanta!

Poor Kin and Tama...

♫ Forget your troubles, come on get happy ♫

Dragon
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Dragon » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:02 am

"With great reviews!!"
LOL
I'm sorry... just uh... kinda nothing happened except a shown dying character coming back to life.... sooo.. not sure how it'd have great reviews...

Still feeling sorry for Hiro's kids. Those little guys really hurt them this bad? And their bigness made them incapable of hunting? Guess no one's taught them, but.. Reika could have taken them to a town to get some dog food or something ;

Wolpard
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Wolpard » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:19 am

Oof, I wanted to vomit looking at that mangaka schedule. Working Yoshi like this isn't worth it. Not healthy and its not like he's producing anything worthwhile. Let it die..........

Anyway, thank you Blivery and Fanta!! Its nice to properly see Kin, Tama, and Reika again.

FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:24 am

Why did Sunny's face change design suddenly? His face looks like Maru's just without the forehead dots...

Shining Sirius
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Shining Sirius » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:40 am

Wow, thank you Fanta for translating chapter 16 so quickly! :heart:

Aww, reading how much Orion wants his mum makes for a heart-aching read. Poor kid's never had much of a childhood... everyone just wanted him to fight, including his own grandfather. You can't blame him for growing up confused and angry. I do hope that Koyuki alleviates some of his burden even if he isn't entirely blameless for Sirius' death. :orion:

Anyway, who else reckons that that new black and white dog is related to Crow?
:star: Lapidot Sun & Moon Lesbian Banner by Myself :star:

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:28 am

Well, I dunno if "great" is necessarily the right word, but GDN volume 1 did a lot better than the other most recent things if the Amazon reviews are anything to go by. So the title page has some truth to it. oh hey look the Chronicle has finally gone below 2 stars

Is that pack after Reika and the kids? Are they another former pack who supported Hougen (or some other past enemy) like Yuuji and his goons back in GDW and are out for revenge, or are they just some random dudes thrown in there for some extra drama? I kinda doubt they're related to Crow and his pack, simply because they're nowhere near each other (Google says that Yamagata and Fukui are nearly 600 kilometers apart), but then again anything's possible when it comes to Ginga.

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but is it even possible to have a massive growth spurt like that if you're near starvation? I know biological accuracy isn't Ginga's strong suit but still.

Banners and avatar by me

Kaiken
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Kaiken » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:38 am

I really hope Noah isn't the final Ginga series, but I kiiiinda get the feeling that it's being hinted that it might be, as it seems to summarize all the previous Ginga works, with unnecessary flashbacks (scene redraws) to GNG, GDW, GDWO and TLW. All of them! Or maybe that's just marketing trick for the sake of nostalgia. I hope that's what it is, since these flashback scene redraws are quite nice. :3
Can't wait to see what's next on ch17!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YAMATO4EVER

Akame

Post by Akame » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:45 pm

Weed addressing his turbulent and inconsistent character between GDW:O and GDN

I love how George and the husky subordinate are drawn in this panel! https://tinyurl.com/y6ejg284 I also love how Tama's expression changes when he recognises Orion, it's really wonderfully drawn.
Like my art? Consider buying me a Ko-Fi! (£3) 🌻
Avatar by me / banner by Sandatora!

JazzyJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JazzyJazz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:17 pm

You know, I know Orion’s trying to be nice and all and have his character development, but I would’ve loved to see him pop one of those assholes right in the face. Just because you’re nice, it doesn’t mean you gotta take everyone’s shit, my son. :orion: Plus, it would kinda make sense that Orion’s not perfect yet.

My favorites of the Bearhound Fam:
:gin: :riki: :orion: :rigel: :bella:

Hyzenthlay Rose
Champion
Champion

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:53 pm

I just realized, where’s Rigel during all of this? I hope he gets to reunite with Koyuki and Bella at some point.

FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:26 pm

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:53 pm
I just realized, where’s Rigel during all of this? I hope he gets to reunite with Koyuki and Bella at some point.
Maybe he's the new leader (doubt) now that Weed is aparently the ex-leader

Leomonade
Potential
Potential

Post by Leomonade » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:29 pm

FDQ wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:26 pm
Hyzenthlay Rose wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:53 pm
Maybe he's the new leader (doubt) now that Weed is aparently the ex-leader
We see him in 1 panel (only one miserable panel where he doesn't even talk) with Izou and his brothers when they leave to search for Orion...

fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:08 pm

Now chapter 17 is avaliable.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/1 ... er-17.html

Me at the end:

JazzyJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JazzyJazz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:23 pm

Is it weird that I audibly sigh whenever we go back to the Hirota plot, lol? I just wanna keep following Orion, honestly. Just give Reika and her boys closure already!

My favorites of the Bearhound Fam:
:gin: :riki: :orion: :rigel: :bella:

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:28 pm

You live in a world where villains routinely kill and torture children, Hirota. I think it's safe to say the gods abandoned Gingaverse a long time ago.

Also, I'm calling it now: the husky's gonna change sides sooner or later. He's clearly on board just because Crow terrifies him.

Banners and avatar by me

Atha
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Atha » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:40 pm

Hold up, does that mean that if everyone didn't decide to abandon the wives and children for 6 whole months, Tonov and the other two would've been alive now?
icon by azzai

Hyzenthlay Rose
Champion
Champion

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:02 am

JazzyJazz wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:23 pm
Is it weird that I audibly sigh whenever we go back to the Hirota plot, lol? I just wanna keep following Orion, honestly. Just give Reika and her boys closure already!
I agree. Orion's storyline is honestly the only thing I'm invested in. I think I would have preferred if GDN didn't have a villain and was just about Orion going on his soul-searching journey. But I guess we can't have Ginga without villains : /

Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator

Post by Gingastar » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:36 am

"Silver Fang will transcend time and space" sounds more like a threat to me, like... even if Earth literally implodes, Ginga will still be around... :derpgin:

Agreed, Orion's story is the only one I care for. Everything else is so slow, boring, and just way too nonsensical. I really don't care for this villain at all aside from his design, and the fact that he's done LITERALLY NOTHING NOTE-WORTHY probably has a lot to do with that. Hardly a single mention-able thing has happened in the series yet and volume 2 of the book comes out soon, you would think a series should be a little more into it's plot by this point. This entire series has been a big bunch of nothing, excluding Orion's story since, ya know, he's actually going somewhere, trying to accomplish goals, and have a literal enteral battle with himself. This series definitely feels like Yoshi is just winging it as each week goes on, and I really tried to be positive at the beginning of GDN but that's so hard to do now :tfw_sirius2:

I really hope this is the last Ginga series, we've said many times now that being a mangaka is horribly unhealthy, and Yoshi being as old as he is I can't fathom how much of a strain that would put on him or literally anyone else, no matter how old they are. Yoshi needs to rest and deserves to retire or at the very least as was said already go bi-weekly or monthly or something.

To me, GDN makes it ultimately clear that Ginga needs to be wrapped up. Sorry if I sound too nit-picky or intense, I just find myself so confused by this series. We've seen Ginga have sloppy writing but I (personally) have just never seen it so messy. It's really sad. :tfw_sirius5:

--

As always, thank you Blivery and Fanta <3 Though I'm not impressed with GDN I always really appreciate the work and effort that's put into buying the gorakus and translating the series. :EXCITE:

Banners by me

DeviantArt | Twitter | Tumblr

Wolpard
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Wolpard » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:29 am

I mean I guess we can't expect too much from a man pushing his 70's who has been writing this series since the 80s... dude's tired. I wonder why theyre pushing him to write this, especially when i dont believe its even that popular in Japan...

FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:45 am

Digsu wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:28 pm
Also, I'm calling it now: the husky's gonna change sides sooner or later. He's clearly on board just because Crow terrifies him.
Oh yes, please let it happen! We need some new guys in the Ohu army. And he has quite a unique look too

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”