(Poll) Is GDN gonna be a success?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.

Is GDN gonna be successful?

Yes
14%
No
59%
I don't know YET!
27%

Total votes: 59

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

(Poll) Is GDN gonna be a success?

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

What do you think about GDN so far? Do you think that it will turn out successful based on how the story is going so far?
Have a nice day!
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Re: (Poll) Is GDN gonna be a success?

Post by Shiruba »

It's hard to say. On the one hand it's a very interesting story and the idea of Hyena being the main character after his supposed death is a fascinating one indeed. On the other hand, not a lot has happened so far and characters are making stupid decisions, like Orion not going to find his family or Weed being convieniently rescued. Personally, I'm enjoying it, but time will tell if its going to be an overall success.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Shiruba wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:54 am It's hard to say. On the one hand it's a very interesting story and the idea of Hyena being the main character after his supposed death is a fascinating one indeed. On the other hand, not a lot has happened so far and characters are making stupid decisions, like Orion not going to find his family or Weed being convieniently rescued. Personally, I'm enjoying it, but time will tell if its going to be an overall success.
Well, if the story will stay good, we can call it a success:) I hope it will, because if this will end up being the last manga, then it would be nice with a fitting ending. One that makes sense, and is overall just good. A good ending, and it's all worth it. But still, if it's good now, then let's just keep on waiting and hope for the best:)
Have a nice day!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

YES! I strongly hope that GDN will be a success! I believe that it will make up for the abrupt and bizarre ending of TLW! And aside from seeing Kyoushiro turn into Jyoushiro and do things that are so out of hand or Hyena being Noah when he was supposedly dead for a long time (Yoshi must’ve forgotten or he changed it on purpose), I’m liking what I’m seeing so far in this story. I think it’s also interesting that Hyena is back with the new name Noah. If I can make an estimation, I’d say that Hyena actually survived from the cut to his belly by Sniper before being rescued by the human. Or it’s possible that Sniper had a false memory in his point of view back in GDW during the flashback of what happened. Any of these two things could have happened despite Hyena’s ghost being visible a couple of times throughout GDW. But Hyena coming back as Noah is still interesting.

And I’m happy to see Orion go through some character development so he can grow into a better character and potential leader and also learn to mix his fierce badass status with the kind characteristics of his father Weed and brother Sirius. But I hope he doesn’t do too much with it and change completely into Sirius because that would ruin him. I’d love to see Orion learn to combine his dark side and light side during his character development. And he will most certainly have Noah as his great friend, mentor, and guide so he can learn about life.

GDN is definitely looking better than TLW. I hope or believe that GDN will be a success.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Atiesh

Post by Atiesh »

For sure it's weaker than GNG and GDW as the most successesful mangas. We can't even compare them with GDN and my hope of success is pretty low. I agree with others about GDN beeing better that TLW but the rhythm of plot is somewhat the same that is very frustrating tbh and hard to be able to hook on possible new fans :tfw_sirius5:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I don't see it being a success for many reasons
For one, I have no idea what we have to time skip ahead to six months when it looks like not much has changed since then and they're still mourning over what happened in the war. Also it seems odd since they have not pointed out when Weed decided to stand down from being leader and handed it over to Orion. It honestly makes the army look incompetent as a result since they have not informed their runaways that they are still alive, I mean Gin's army went around everywhere to tell other relatives that their family members had died but these guys? NO! Just let everyone believe you're dead! :EMPTY:
But the most important reason for me has to be the new villains, THEY ARE TERRIBLE! :bella4: Seriously right after one injures Noah to the point of death, we then cut to him let out a giant fart on his comrades, WHAT DID THIS ADD? NOTHING! Their designs are shit and their motivations are nothing new and we are once again repeating Weed being injured and everyone being split up! The old characters themselves like Weed and Kyoushiro are still becoming nothing like they once were and going against their own principles, WHERE ARE THE DOGS I ONCE LOVED? WHERE DID THEY GO?? :tfw_orion1:
Seriously, it has to step up its game if it's got any chance of undoing the damage caused by Last Wars (I don't think they should have called it last wars because another war is going to begin!)
Personally, I think they should have just had another chapter (or a final single manga) for Last Wars to tie everything up instead of just starting a whole other story.
Last edited by Gingaddict on Tue May 12, 2020 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Gingaddict wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:14 pm Personally, I think they should have just had another chapter (or a final single manga) for Last Wars to tie everything up instead of just starting a whole other story.
That is still a possibility, but I think that it is highly unlikely:(
Have a nice day!
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:26 pm
Gingaddict wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:14 pm Personally, I think they should have just had another chapter (or a final single manga) for Last Wars to tie everything up instead of just starting a whole other story.
What exactly are you saying? Last Wars ended and Ginga Noah takes place after it. I'm saying instead of beginning a new story, they should've just had a single last volume to wrap up the loose ends rather than go on to kicking a dead horse. :tfw_aokabuto2:
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Gingaddict wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:48 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:26 pm
What exactly are you saying? Last Wars ended and Ginga Noah takes place after it. I'm saying instead of beginning a new story, they should've just had a single last volume to wrap up the loose ends rather than go on to kicking a dead horse. :tfw_aokabuto2:
You wrote "or a final single manga", so I just said that that possibility is not out of the picture yet. There is still time for a short or a spin-off where we will be able to tie up the loose ends that I actually don't even know about yet since I am not that far in the manga. I just know that there are a lot of loose ends since I have been reminded about that a lot XD
Have a nice day!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I'd say it can be a success, but we'll never know it right now. I like the story as far, I find it very interesting and it's well done. Not too rushy as Last Wars. So I've hope fo this manga. And it's probably his last manga as well so I hope it'll be one of the best series he'd made. For us and for his sake too. I'm positive to Noah manga. :)
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Raki wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:37 pm I'd say it can be a success, but we'll never know it right now. I like the story as far, I find it very interesting and it's well done. Not too rushy as Last Wars. So I've hope fo this manga. And it's probably his last manga as well so I hope it'll be one of the best series he'd made. For us and for his sake too. I'm positive to Noah manga. :)
I am glad about your positivity:) But I have a feeling that GDN is not gonna be the last manga. I would love for it to be, because I can see that this story is much longer than it was meant to be, and therefore, I feel like there is gonna be another Ginga manga.
Have a nice day!
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:43 pm
Raki wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:37 pm I'd say it can be a success, but we'll never know it right now. I like the story as far, I find it very interesting and it's well done. Not too rushy as Last Wars. So I've hope fo this manga. And it's probably his last manga as well so I hope it'll be one of the best series he'd made. For us and for his sake too. I'm positive to Noah manga. :)
I am glad about your positivity:) But I have a feeling that GDN is not gonna be the last manga. I would love for it to be, because I can see that this story is much longer than it was meant to be, and therefore, I feel like there is gonna be another Ginga manga.
Ginga is like Pokemon in my eyes I feel like its never going to end.
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”