Should I be Reading GDN Without Prior Reading of GDW:O and TLW?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Sat_Cab

Should I be Reading GDN Without Prior Reading of GDW:O and TLW?

Post by Sat_Cab »

I'm rather new to the series. I watched both of the anime, read GNG in its entirety, read parts of GDW (primarily the monkey arc and the Russian arc), and I've relatively recently stumbled upon GDN. Should I read everything in chronological order? Would some of the magic be lost by reading GDN without being properly introduced to the 4th generation Ouu cast? Further, what is the contemporary status with regards to the translation of GDW? If it isn't fully translated yet, should I wait for it to be before proceeding to GDW:O and TLW?
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Should I be Reading GDN Without Prior Reading of GDW:O and TLW?

Post by Shining Sirius »

I definitely think it would help to read GDW:O and TLW if you want to avoid spoilers and potentially feeling lost in the plot. But, if you're not bothered about that then feel free to jump in!

GDW:O isn't 100% translated into English yet, but it's near enough that you can get the jist of what happens and simply read about how it ends if you're not fussy to see it in the actual comic. Or, if you prefer to wait, Kasi has been working hard to finish the remaining volumes, so I don't think your wait will be long at all.
TLW is fully translated by Fantachan and available on her blog https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2017/0 ... lumes.html and GDN is still ongoing, so there's no rush to catch up.
Happy reading! :EXCITE:
Sat_Cab

Post by Sat_Cab »

Shining Sirius wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:45 am I definitely think it would help to read GDW:O and TLW if you want to avoid spoilers and potentially feeling lost in the plot. But, if you're not bothered about that then feel free to jump in!

GDW:O isn't 100% translated into English yet, but it's near enough that you can get the jist of what happens and simply read about how it ends if you're not fussy to see it in the actual comic. Or, if you prefer to wait, Kasi has been working hard to finish the remaining volumes, so I don't think your wait will be long at all.
TLW is fully translated by Fantachan and available on her blog https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2017/0 ... lumes.html and GDN is still ongoing, so there's no rush to catch up.
Happy reading! :EXCITE:
Many thanks!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Im still working on Hougen's arc and Joe's arc :tfw_sirius5:
I definitely would recommend just reading whats available at the time and continue on cause it's gonna be a while ;;

ImageImage
Cubes

Post by Cubes »

Actually that's a good question, what order should the whole series be read?

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”