everything bad about Kyoshiro

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

everything bad about Kyoshiro

Post by Gingaddict »

Due to all the backlash we have given Kyoshiro (or as we are calling him now Jyoshiro) I thought we should have a topic where we can discuss everything we don't like about him, kinda similar to the 'everything bad about Weed' topic.

I'll start - I don't like how Kyoshiro has really no consistency for the way he thinks about Orion like one moment he's on his side but then he getting very pissed at him and starts beating him up and I have no idea what it's adding to the story. I always thought Kyoshiro never liked hitting those much younger than him, isn't that the reason he built up his pack? To stop the abuse of puppy in the paws of adults? It seems he's completely forgotten his self control and his policies about the treatment of puppies because he straight up beat Hirota for just crying.

Anything to add? Everything and anything can be said!
Last edited by Gingaddict on Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Re: everything bad about Kyoshiro

Post by WolfKing »

I agree!

It's pretty much Yoshi trying to find another comic relief character now that GB is dead, and it had to be him of all the characters. I've been thinking since TLW that one of the reasons this happened is because he wants to make characters look weaker and dumber, so that Orion can shine through which is ridiculous because during Weed's time as the leader, almost every character had the chance to shine and do something great. For some reason that is severely lacking in the recent stories, and it's a darn shame. (This happened to almost everyone, take the Rigel negotiation scenes in GDN for example)

His behavior surely makes no sense in TLW either, going back and forth between being a (bigger) hot-tempered jerk who either keeps yelling or suddenly being the "only sane man" kind of guy, i mean he (rather hypocritically) calls out Orion's temper issues and bad/nasty approach to leadership. No consistency.

Don't even get me started on GDN, he has gotten so unlikable that i almost couldn't care less what happens to him really. Going back on GDW is jarring when i see how different he used to be, along with the rest of the characters.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Right?!

I’m not a fan of Kyoushiro at all, but he was a better character in GDW, despite still being hasty and having some temper issues. But from GDWO and onward, oh my God, what the hell has happened to his character? Yoshi has made a change of regressing characterization on him. Yoshi made Kyoushiro change in a negative way so much that it makes him inconsistent. And it also makes Kyoushiro look dumber than some other characters like Orion, Bon, and Sasuke.

Starting with TLW, Kyoushiro looked so damn hotheaded throughout the story that he kept on using/targeting Orion to unleash his temper at times, which only made Orion the smarter one and a little more sane. Kyoushiro was always bitching at Orion and ending up getting himself stupidly embarrassed, as a result, which convinced me that Orion had a little better developmental characterization than Kyoushiro.

I thought Kyoushiro was that bad in TLW, but when GDN began its progression...oh shit, was I wrong...because who the hell doesn’t want to see Kyoushiro beat up a white puppy and turn into the one damn thing that he hated in GDW?! (That was sarcasm, to let you know.) Therefore, Kyoushiro is now called Jyoushiro because F%#K YOU, JYOUSHIRO! :tfw_sirius4:
I hope he DOES NOT have a wife and children! I don’t want to imagine what the hell kind of husband and father that he might be!

Don’t even make me talk about his other bullshit stunts that Jyoushiro has done so far here in GDN. You most likely already know. That’s how worse/more bad he has become since TLW. Out of some characters that Yoshi has messed up over the years of Ginga, Jyoushiro is the worst one. He’s become just really unfavorable. :OUT:

EDIT
Oh by the way, remember in GDN Chapter 1 when Jyoushiro said that he was “pretty much above Orion in merit?” Yeah...that was a big fat lie. :tfw_bella1:
Last edited by Spirit Tree on Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I feel like Yoshi just turned him into a poor replacement for GB. And yet he isn't even a proper replacement for GB cause GB still had some heart to him.

It just stings cause he used to be super noble and badass and now he's a dude that bullies kids and cant do shit. :/
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

One day maybe I will write an essay on this but til then just know that Kyoushiro's bastardation since after the Russian arc is my villain origin story
icon by azzai
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Does the nickname Jyoshiro mean anything particular or is it just something random that somebody came up with because the way he acts in GDN?
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Jinto wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:40 am Does the nickname Jyoshiro mean anything particular or is it just something random that somebody came up with because the way he acts in GDN?
It's a silly name the board came up with since he acts so drastically different than he did when introduced. The story goes that another dog kidnapped Kyoushiro and took his place, and is named Jyoushiro! Except Jyoushiro is... absolutely obnoxious and terrible :EMPTY:

a common comparison would be the real Kyoushiro TT plush to the bootleg version of him
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Jinto wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:40 am Does the nickname Jyoshiro mean anything particular or is it just something random that somebody came up with because the way he acts in GDN?
Somebody accidentally spelled Kyoushiro as Jyoushiro due to K and J being next to each other on the keyboard, then the mistake was agreed to be used to refer to the "new" Kyoushiro :jeromeder:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

GSDJohn wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:36 pm
Somebody accidentally spelled Kyoushiro as Jyoushiro due to K and J being next to each other on the keyboard, then the mistake was agreed to be used to refer to the "new" Kyoushiro :jeromeder:
kahooton wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:31 pm
It's a silly name the board came up with since he acts so drastically different than he did when introduced. The story goes that another dog kidnapped Kyoushiro and took his place, and is named Jyoushiro! Except Jyoushiro is... absolutely obnoxious and terrible :EMPTY:

a common comparison would be the real Kyoushiro TT plush to the bootleg version of him

Thanks for the explanation
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Let's be honest, the only thing bad about Kyoushiro is that he can be a little brutal at times. But not unjustifiably brutal.

After all, we're thinking about Jyoushiro. Going against everything Kyouhsiro stood for and just in general being a total mockery of Kyoushiro. There really isn't much for me to say, cause it's already been said by the people above.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
MeteorGin

Post by MeteorGin »

I stan Sasuke, I want him to get the credit he deserves as a soldier and the lone Ōu shiba. But every time he pipes up when Kyōshiro’s speaking and drags him into comic relief antics as if he were literally GB, I’m just like.

Damn, Sasuke. GB’s dead. You ain’t gonna replace him. Time to let it go.
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

In GDN Joushiro had no reason to beat up that little white puppy! Like what the hell?! The puppy did nothing at all!
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
Derry
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Derry »

He is such a wasted character... He was so cool and badass when he was first introduced and now he is just ruined. I don't like how his eyes changed and how he just became a bad comic relief character. He devolved. Such. A. Waste.
:masamune:
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

Does everything count?
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”