Why is Orion the leader?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Why is Orion the leader?

Post by Jinto »

Why? Am I missing something? I don't see any reason or explanation why Orion should be the leader. Weed is not even old and is still very much capable to lead the army (or at least was at the beginning of GDN). Orion has never really acted or done anything leader like. It is not explained at all and it really should have been.
But with this all being said if they start focusing making Orion act more like a leader and build his character that way I think he could become better leader than Weed.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Re: Why is Orion the leader?

Post by Leomonade »

Jinto wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:46 am Why? Am I missing something? I don't see any reason or explanation why Orion should be the leader. Weed is not even old and is still very much capable to lead the army (or at least was at the beginning of GDN). Orion has never really acted or done anything leader like. It is not explained at all and it really should have been.
But with this all being said if they start focusing making Orion act more like a leader and build his character that way I think he could become better leader than Weed.
In last week's chapter... Orion gave up the leadership to Rigel. Or more like tossed it to him because he didn't want to deal with the responsibilities anymore! XD
Tbh I feel like this week's chapter would be a good opportunity to show how Orion got the title in the first place. He clearly didn't want it so Weed must have pushed it to him randomly after Sirius' death in TLW.
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

All we know is that Weed apparently named Orion Supreme Commander during the timeskip between TLW and GDN for... some reason.

I guess it makes enough sense for Orion to be the next leader, since he's Weed's eldest living son and thus next in line for the title (and I know at one point in GDWO it's claimed that the title is in fact not hereditary but we've never actually seen much proof of that being the case), but the reason why Weed decided to retire in the first place has never been explained.

Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Leomonade wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:38 am
Jinto wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:46 am Why? Am I missing something? I don't see any reason or explanation why Orion should be the leader. Weed is not even old and is still very much capable to lead the army (or at least was at the beginning of GDN). Orion has never really acted or done anything leader like. It is not explained at all and it really should have been.
In last week's chapter... Orion gave up the leadership to Rigel. Or more like tossed it to him because he didn't want to deal with the responsibilities anymore! XD
Tbh I feel like this week's chapter would be a good opportunity to show how Orion got the title in the first place. He clearly didn't want it so Weed must have pushed it to him randomly after Sirius' death in TLW.

I've been thinking it has something to do with Sirius's death. Like Weed feeling guilt about it or something.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Jinto wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 am

I've been thinking it has something to do with Sirius's death. Like Weed feeling guilt about it or something.

I really hope Weed explains why or how he gave the leadership to Orion in the coming chapters... But maybe Sirius death + Weed not being much of a help since GDWO made him give up the position to his son. But tbh.. if he wanted to give up on being the leader he should have just given the position to his father. Gin is the only one doing any leading in the pack anyway lol
Image Image
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Yeah,, Weed giving up the role off screen in his prime health is very strange... Orion never seemed like a leader to me, and idk if Rigel is best fit for it either. I would love to see someone like Tesshin step up, but then again..after the elder's death he's been sorta unhinged. Maybe passing the title on to someone like Kagetora and Ken, or Jerome would be best. I think the younger characters are still too inexperienced for a leadership role yet. Maybe in time Andy or Shirozaru would make a good leader. Nobody in the army rn besides Gin, Akame, and Tesshin really make good leader material :tfw_aokabuto2:
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

We know that the title isn't hereditary since Tesshin was trained to be the next leader by Gin, so Weed passing the title to his son who always hated leadership makes 0 sense.
icon by azzai
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I still headcanon that, in between TLW and GDN, Weed was distraught about Sirius's death and felt guilty about it. Therefore, he decided that he was not worthy for leadership anymore, choosing to give up being the supreme leader and just passed on the leadership to Orion, even though Orion himself was also distraught about his brother's death and doesn't feel worthy of being the supreme leader.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Because the Ohu Army just decided he was going to be despite him not wanting the role. That's why he passes it along to Rigel. The same thing happened with Weed.
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Tbh I kinda headcannon that the amount of stuff that happened during Weed's leadership could've been a lot for him.

I'm saying this as some one who is still behind reading but honestly? Gin had Akakabuto and the wolves. But Weed had Kaibutsu (wasn't really leader yet here but worked with a couple of Ohu members so maybe it counts?), Hougen, the monkeys, the Russian dogs and the Hybrid bears? And I dunno if the stuff in GDWO happens under Weed too or if it was passed over but if not, that's just ANOTHER thing to add.

But that's just me thinking lmao
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I would definitely place it on Sirius's death. While Yoshi doesn't really write it off well, I would imagine it would take an emotional toll on Weed.
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

I'm glad! I didn't like the thought of Orion as leader :tfw_sirius5:
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
sad-machine

Post by sad-machine »

I like Orion as a battle commander but def not overall Leader! He strikes me as someone who can't be tied down.
I think Rigel is a good medium to both Sirius and Orion, just wish Rigel got more screentime!
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

I feel like Rigel or Bella would make a good supreme commander.

NOT Sirius. For obvious reasons.
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

While I don't really know but I think it indeed it might have been health problems, I mean Weed did not heal well enough in Las Wars until much later on and even in the final fight against Monsoon, he wasn't doing much there either and even now, Weed is currently recovering from a rib injury!

So yeah, he can't be the leader if all that keeps happening to him!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”