re-imagined Crow

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Sketch-San

re-imagined Crow

Post by Sketch-San »

Just like my previous post where I redesigned the Aka'ari https://gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=3262, I decided to do another one for Crow.

(Just for context I decided the group name of MY version of the Aka'ari are instead called The Chimera because I gave them all Chimera motifs after all)

ngl unlike the Aka’ari I was actually somewhat interested in Crow when he first appeared. I liked his design and what we knew of his personality back then, even though I personally wished he could have been an ally rather than a villain. Sadly... he just turned out to be a very boring villain who hardly even shows up in the story at all.

This isn’t really a redesign per se since there’s nothing particularly ugly about Crow that I felt needed fixing. I just modeled him after a generic fawn Great Dane to separate him from canon Crow. Also his new name is Munin, after one of Odin’s messenger ravens.

In my AU Munin was a former ally of the Chimera before he broke ties with them and joined the Ohu army instead, revealing to the Ohu soldiers the enemy’s secrets/weaknesses to help bring them down.

The only thing I DID keep from canon was his massive fucking Clifford size. I know The Chimera are normal-sized Tibetan mastiffs in my AU rather than the elephant-sized Aka’ari but Crow’s size just made him stand out so much when he first appeared I couldn’t not include it.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: re-imagined Crow

Post by Spirit Tree »

This is really interesting, Sketch! :tfw_bella2:

Yeah sometimes I wonder if Crow is actually a former Aka-ari member. Your chimera concept fits great for him and the Aka-ari brothers. I remember the part where Weed and his comrades confronted that Tosa captain of the Aka-ari, and then Crow showed up and explained to Weed on who the Aka-ari are. Since then, I’ve asked myself, “How the hell does Crow know about the Aka-ari so much?” So seeing your AU concept is very great. And the name Munin sounds good as well.

I think Crow was kind of boring as well after I thought he would have some sort of potential as a villain. But he was funny and clumsy at times.

Now that you mentioned it, why couldn’t Chimera be canon instead of Aka-ari? I mean the brothers looked like each separate part of the mythical creature.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Ohh, he looks really great there!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Sketch-San

Post by Sketch-San »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:15 am This is really interesting, Sketch! :tfw_bella2:

Yeah sometimes I wonder if Crow is actually a former Aka-ari member. Your chimera concept fits great for him and the Aka-ari brothers. I remember the part where Weed and his comrades confronted that Tosa captain of the Aka-ari, and then Crow showed up and explained to Weed on who the Aka-ari are. Since then, I’ve asked myself, “How the hell does Crow know about the Aka-ari so much?” So seeing your AU concept is very great. And the name Munin sounds good as well.

I think Crow was kind of boring as well after I thought he would have some sort of potential as a villain. But he was funny and clumsy at times.

Now that you mentioned it, why couldn’t Chimera be canon instead of Aka-ari? I mean the brothers looked like each separate part of the mythical creature.
Thanks Spirit! I think Crow was actually revealed to be one of the Aka'ari's top dogs at one point, but GDN barely went into it which isn't surprising.

I too wish the canon version had given the Aka'ari Chimera motifs like the fandom speculated at one point. Calling them literally "red ants" isn't catchy at all (I guess it is symbolic that they're invasive like ants but... still a lame name lol)
Sketch-San

Post by Sketch-San »

Raki wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:47 am Ohh, he looks really great there!
Thank you!!
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

He looks really good in your style!!

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”