Uh... I dunno what else to put here, so how about some Ginga opinions? I'm dying to discuss stuff.
- I really liked how crazy the Wolf Arc was, especially the designs! It was extremely silly, but a very interesting change in tone/content that I haven't really seen in the other arcs I've read. Suiga is best wolf.
- GNG is my favorite, art-wise, but I still enjoy the style up to GDWO, from what I've seen of it (I'm trying not to read anything else until I have experienced most of GDW). TLW seems to have a lot of... marshmallow snouts? And I kind of miss when the dogs looked fluffy and Rocket wasn't a weird lizard. Yoshihiro's bg art and inking techniques are CHOICE, though.
- I don't like John much, but Jerome is pretty cool. I think it's interesting how GDW takes a few prominent GNG characters and remakes them with more depth (Kai bros vs Kyoshiro, Moss vs Hiro, John vs Jerome, Ben vs Ken... sort of...).
- Akame is just ok. He's like the plain, unbuttered white bread of Ginga to me.
- I wish there were more female characters, but I truly wish that Yoshihiro would write them as characters first, and not just breeding machines. My favorite girls are Reika and Cross, pre-GDW "woman can't be strong!" BS.
- People say that there's a noticeable difference between Gin and Weed before Yoshihiro started drawing Gin as blue instead of gray, but I can't see it and it REALLY bugs me.
- I like to pretend that every generation of Gin's family becomes smaller and more puppy-looking because their bloodline is so diluted with kishu inu...ness (Orion and co. are like 3/4 kishu inu at this point, "bearhound blood" nothing!). This is mostly so I can sleep at night knowing that Orion mastered the battouga looking like a newborn infant.