Hi, Everybody!

Introduce yourself to the board! We'd love to read a little about you and welcome you properly.
hoagieboy942

Hi, Everybody!

Post by hoagieboy942 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:00 pm

I got into GNG/GDW a few years ago, but I had trouble keeping my interest up because I thought that I'd never get to read the manga in its entirety (I was reading GNG and GDW on a mangareader site and they both ended at really tense parts, with no hope of seeing the next chapters). I'm so glad that this site exists, and the Silver Fang Reader! Even if this fanbase is small, you guys work really hard to make sure we can enjoy Ginga in all formats, and I really appreciate it! I look forward to seeing what things get translated in the future!

Uh... I dunno what else to put here, so how about some Ginga opinions? I'm dying to discuss stuff.
  • I really liked how crazy the Wolf Arc was, especially the designs! It was extremely silly, but a very interesting change in tone/content that I haven't really seen in the other arcs I've read. Suiga is best wolf. :suiga:
  • GNG is my favorite, art-wise, but I still enjoy the style up to GDWO, from what I've seen of it (I'm trying not to read anything else until I have experienced most of GDW). TLW seems to have a lot of... marshmallow snouts? And I kind of miss when the dogs looked fluffy and Rocket wasn't a weird lizard. Yoshihiro's bg art and inking techniques are CHOICE, though.
  • I don't like John much, but Jerome is pretty cool. I think it's interesting how GDW takes a few prominent GNG characters and remakes them with more depth (Kai bros vs Kyoshiro, Moss vs Hiro, John vs Jerome, Ben vs Ken... sort of...).
  • Akame is just ok. He's like the plain, unbuttered white bread of Ginga to me.
  • I wish there were more female characters, but I truly wish that Yoshihiro would write them as characters first, and not just breeding machines. My favorite girls are Reika and Cross, pre-GDW "woman can't be strong!" BS. :reika:
  • People say that there's a noticeable difference between Gin and Weed before Yoshihiro started drawing Gin as blue instead of gray, but I can't see it and it REALLY bugs me.
  • I like to pretend that every generation of Gin's family becomes smaller and more puppy-looking because their bloodline is so diluted with kishu inu...ness (Orion and co. are like 3/4 kishu inu at this point, "bearhound blood" nothing!). This is mostly so I can sleep at night knowing that Orion mastered the battouga looking like a newborn infant. :orion: :sirius: :bella: :rigel:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Re: Hi, Everybody!

Post by Tora » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:20 pm

Warm welcome to GB .^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Kasi
Admin
Admin

Post by Kasi » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:01 am

Welcome to GB!

Haha, Marshmallow snouts is somehow and amazing accurate way to describe them XD
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW: Volume 22 now available!

Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator

Post by Gingastar » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:28 am

Welcome to Ginga Board! :D
Banner by me

Art by RefinedRaven

DeviantArt | Twitter | Tumblr

Wolpard
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Wolpard » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:44 am

Welcome!!!!

hoagieboy942

Post by hoagieboy942 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:22 pm

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I appreciate it!
Kasi wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:01 am
Welcome to GB!

Haha, Marshmallow snouts is somehow and amazing accurate way to describe them XD
I've always thought it was kind of odd that Ginga dogs don't have visible whisker pads on their snouts, considering that Yoshihiro knows they're there and can draw them really well... I guess it's a time saver? I'm not a huge fan of how smooth and geometric it makes them look, though.

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:53 pm

Welcome to the board! :D
Tadamasa OC Chibi by Akame

Return to “Introductions”