Silver Fang Magazine [Issue 1 now available! Submissions OPEN]

Talk about the Silver Fang Network sites such as GingaMerch, Ginga Wiki, and Ohu Dogs!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Re: Silver Fang Magazine [Issue 1 now available! Submissions OPEN]

Post by Regnant » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:56 pm

Reno wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:50 pm
Looks so cool I just watch the video. I order mine but it was supposed to be here the 6th. Been gone forever and no updates and I looked everywhere. Got an error on the tracking too but the magazine looks very nice. I am just gonna download it instead
I'd contact Blurb for help with the tracking. Everything is ordered/shipped directly through them and I don't have access to any order info besides numbers and stats (no individual person info or anything like that).

LIBRAKIND
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by LIBRAKIND » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:42 pm

Reno wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:50 pm
Looks so cool I just watch the video. I order mine but it was supposed to be here the 6th. Been gone forever and no updates and I looked everywhere. Got an error on the tracking too but the magazine looks very nice. I am just gonna download it instead
Awh man, I hope nothing went wrong!
Mine was scheduled for the 6th too but I got mine on time.

Would definitely ask Blurb about it
:mukonga: Banner made by me :mukonga:

GSDJohn
Comrade
Comrade

Post by GSDJohn » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:54 am

I'd like to announce that I'm making a simple but hopefully fun 1 vs 1 Ginga board game that I will submit to the magazine! :EXCITE:

Here's a sneak peek, the board!: One player will be a hero leader (Gin or Riki), the other player will be a villain leader (Hougen or Sniper), and there are pack members, health points and dice involved! What will the gameplay be like? You'll know that later! :EXCITE:

----
I'd like to ask for an opinion here. In which of the drawings Gin's eyes look better? (These will be used for the playable character pieces)
A- Image
B- Image
~ Image ~

---
UFO Warning! Image

Banner by LIBRAKIND, GIFs by Ginga-SMW Team

Spirit Tree
Champion
Champion

Post by Spirit Tree » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:57 am

GSDJohn wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:54 am
I'd like to announce that I'm making a simple but hopefully fun 1 vs 1 Ginga board game that I will submit to the magazine! :EXCITE:

Here's a sneak peek, the board!: One player will be a hero leader (Gin or Riki), the other player will be a villain leader (Hougen or Sniper), and there are pack members, health points and dice involved! What will the gameplay be like? You'll know that later! :EXCITE:

----
I'd like to ask for an opinion here. In which of the drawings Gin's eyes look better? (These will be used for the playable character pieces)
A- Image
B- Image
Dude, that’s an amazing idea! :EXCITE:

I think B looks good.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :mel: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon: :izou:
WARNING
Jyoushiro
Physically & sexually assaults puppies & flings feces at dogs! Keep away! Or better, KICK HIS ASS!

GSDJohn
Comrade
Comrade

Post by GSDJohn » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 pm

Okay, I just finished the game, but... maybe it's too long for a magazine activity? :Koyukisweat:. The game takes 9 pages, well, the game itself only takes 2 pages (the page with the board and the sheet that contains the pieces), but of course it needs instructions, and the instructions are 7 pages long (mostly due to there being 16 allies with different stats and skills and there being a separate explanation for each one). Not sure if I should submit this to the magazine, it's not like there was an specified page limit but all the other activities of the previous magazine are 1-page activities, so...

---
Here's what the complete game + instructions looks like:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DU_gck ... sp=sharing
~ Image ~

---
UFO Warning! Image

LIBRAKIND
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by LIBRAKIND » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:36 pm

GSDJohn wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 pm
Okay, I just finished the game, but... maybe it's too long for a magazine activity? :Koyukisweat:. The game takes 9 pages, well, the game itself only takes 2 pages (the page with the board and the sheet that contains the pieces), but of course it needs instructions, and the instructions are 7 pages long (mostly due to there being 16 allies with different stats and skills and there being a separate explanation for each one). Not sure if I should submit this to the magazine, it's not like there was an specified page limit but all the other activities of the previous magazine are 1-page activities, so...

---
Oh damn, this is so in depth! :EXCITE: That so cool! But yeah, it's probably too long for the magazine xD

Nice job John!
:mukonga: Banner made by me :mukonga:

Wolpard
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Wolpard » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:56 am

GSDJohn wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 pm

---
Maybe the instructions can be something offered online only? Like the physical magazine can direct to a link that has all the instructions

GSDJohn
Comrade
Comrade

Post by GSDJohn » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:58 am

Wolpard wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:56 am
Maybe the instructions can be something offered online only? Like the physical magazine can direct to a link that has all the instructions
Ah, yeah, that's a great idea!!

I'll be submitting this game to the magazine, then! :EXCITE:
~ Image ~

---
UFO Warning! Image

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:33 pm

GSDJohn wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:54 am

----
A- Image
B- Image
Oh my gosh this is amazing!!!

I can definitely find a way to have it fit!

GSDJohn
Comrade
Comrade

Post by GSDJohn » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:29 am

Regnant wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:33 pm
Oh my gosh this is amazing!!!

I can definitely find a way to have it fit!
YAAAAS!! :EXCITE: :EXCITE:

--I'll edit the submission as I decided to add 4 new characters! :EXCITE:.
Image Akatora: 2 ATK, 2 HP. A new all-around character (now John isn't the only one).

Image Chutora: 1 ATK, 3 HP. A new defense oriented character. Same stats as Weed and Blue, but no special abilities.

Image Kurotora: 1 ATK, 2 HP. A new tactical character. His attack power increases to 3 if there is another Kai brother on the team.

Image Hakuro: 2 ATK, 1 HP. A new attack oriented character. He has an special ability, "Luck Slayer": if you attack your opponent with Hakuro, they will be forced to move only 1 space Edit: oh wait this is too powerful roll only 1 die on their next turn HOAHAHASHAHASHHFKFKPV :hakuro:

Plus there was blank space on the lower part of the pieces page, the 4 new characters now filled the blank space :EXCITE:

:akatora: :chutora: :kurotora: :hakuro:

-If you have two Kais in your team they both get a boost on their attack stat (Kurotora benefiting the most from this). As for Hakuro, he gets an stat boost if you have another Husky (Kisaragi or Nero) in your team.

New PDF with the Kais and Hakuro:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cZ8YtR ... sp=sharing
~ Image ~

---
UFO Warning! Image

Celloco

Post by Celloco » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:57 pm

This is so cool! I'll have to remember to submit some art at some point :orion3:

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:55 pm

Submissions are still open for issue 2! https://silverfangnetwork.com/magazine/

Deadline is June 1. We'd love to see another article or two get submitted for this issue if anyone has the time to write up a quick one (anything relating to Ginga, dogs, manga/anime, etc)

Return to “Silver Fang Network”