Silver Fang Magazine [ISSUE 7, December 2023]

Talk about the Silver Fang Network sites such as GingaMerch, Ginga Wiki, and Ohu Dogs!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Silver Fang Magazine [ISSUE 7, December 2023]

Post by Regnant »

After the end of Ginga Guardian, I've always wanted to see an English Ginga magazine continue...
SO WE'RE DOING IT!

Submit at https://magazine.silverfang.net/submit/ (details on formats included)

Submissions are open for all works!
  • Fanart
  • Stories/fan-fics/comics
  • General articles (Ginga or other Takahashi manga, dogs, etc)
  • Animal-related media reviews/suggestions
  • Fun things like games or horoscopes
  • Merch spotlights
The magazine is available in both digital (FREE) and print-on-demand format (no markup). If you'd like to participate, we'd love to show off your love of Ginga!!!

Issue 7, December 2023

Issue 6, June 2023

Issue 5, December 2022

Issue 4, June 2022

Issue 3, December 2021

Issue 2, June 2021

Issue 1, December 2020
Image Image
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Silver Fang Magazine (Submissions OPEN)

Post by Shining Sirius »

Ooh, this sounds exciting, Regnant! I'd love to try and do something for this magazine, but more importantly; I'd love to see what everyone else can come up with! :tfw_bella2:

Do you have a closing date for submissions yet?
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Shining Sirius wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:40 am Ooh, this sounds exciting, Regnant! I'd love to try and do something for this magazine, but more importantly; I'd love to see what everyone else can come up with! :tfw_bella2:

Do you have a closing date for submissions yet?
December 1st is tentatively the due date for the first issue, but since we want the magazine to be an ongoing project they won't really close unless we magically get flooded with a ton of content!
Image Image
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Sounds really fun!! I'm in :D
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I just submitted my fanfiction for the Silver Fang Magazine! :tfw_bella2:

I hope it turns out well. I’m proud to write it. And I want to share it with other viewers/readers.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Ok I think we have about 3/4 of what we need for the first issue! We have an activity (a second would be fun though), fanfic, a bunch of fanart, and a few articles. I'd love to see more articles before the Dec 1 deadline for issue #1!

As for the cover art, I think we might put up a poll for choosing which fanart gets to be on the cover :D This would be after we have all submissions for this issue~
Image Image
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Im still planning on submitting fanart that I'm working on haha. I would love to see more activities though, maybe if I have time I can make another.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

If possible I'd like at least one more article (any length) for this issue. Anyone able to do so before Dec 1?
Image Image
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Awh man, I didnt see this before, the idea of joining a zine sounds fun

I'm not much of a writer so I cant do the article, I'd love to see how this turns out!!
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I wish I had the time to develop my Ginga Boarding School idea more, so maybe I could offer to feature it here! :tfw_orion1:
Would it be allowed if i do get the time? o:

ImageImage
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Dragon wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:26 pm I wish I had the time to develop my Ginga Boarding School idea more, so maybe I could offer to feature it here! :tfw_orion1:
Would it be allowed if i do get the time? o:
That'd be great! Go for it!!! Even if it's passed the issue 1 deadline, we could use it in future issues!
LIBRAKIND wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:03 pm Awh man, I didnt see this before, the idea of joining a zine sounds fun

I'm not much of a writer so I cant do the article, I'd love to see how this turns out!!
If you want to submit art or anything else, submissions are still open! Actually they'll never close as we need content for future issues as well!
Image Image
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Regnant wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:12 pm
LIBRAKIND wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:03 pm Awh man, I didnt see this before, the idea of joining a zine sounds fun

If you want to submit art or anything else, submissions are still open! Actually they'll never close as we need content for future issues as well!
OH RAD
I'd love to do something for it then!!
^click me!^
My Socials
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Big update on the magazine!

It's been compiled and we're just doing final grammar checks and editing before releasing very very soon!!! This first issue is pretty small content-wise, but we wanted to make sure everything works nicely as it's the first issue. It's 24 pages long total.

As stated before a digital version will be available for free! The print-on-demand copy is going to be around $6-7 USD plus shipping (approx $4 US shipping, $12 international).

We had way more artwork submissions than we could fit in this issue. It was really tough to choose the pieces, but we picked them based on what the general theme of this issue ended up being (which was mostly GNG focused). I'll be sending out emails to everyone who made it into this first issue, and everyone who submitted as we'd like to hold onto submissions for future issues. I'm going to try and get some little Thank You postcards made for everyone who submitted, but it might be a little while for those :)

Those interested in submitting anything new for the next issue, I'm setting the deadline to June 1st for an end-of-June release!
Image Image
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

BIG HYPE FOR THIS!!! :EXCITE:
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

I would have added something for the submission, but school kept me very busy this year, more than last semester. I'll try to get something in for the next issue. I'm interested in buying a physical copy when they're released, where are they going to be sold?
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Bluey_Madison wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:05 pm I would have added something for the submission, but school kept me very busy this year, more than last semester. I'll try to get something in for the next issue. I'm interested in buying a physical copy when they're released, where are they going to be sold?
They will be available through a print-on-demand service. I'll post a link when it's available :)
Image Image
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Whether I made it in to this one or not, I'm excited to snag a physical copy :tfw_rigel3:
^click me!^
My Socials
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Just received an email that Part 1 of my fanfiction will be in the latest issue! :EXCITE:
Thank you to Regnant and Silver Fang Network! I’m happy and appreciative! :tfw_bella2:

One question. Does this mean that Part 2 of my fanfiction will be available in the next issue?
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Spirit Tree wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:01 pm Just received an email that Part 1 of my fanfiction will be in the latest issue! :EXCITE:
Thank you to Regnant and Silver Fang Network! I’m happy and appreciative! :tfw_bella2:

One question. Does this mean that Part 2 of my fanfiction will be available in the next issue?
If we receive other fanfiction or fancomic submissions, we'll probably include one of those instead so more people have the chance to get in. But if we don't get any, we can definitely include part 2 :D
Image Image
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Regnant wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:08 pm
Spirit Tree wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:01 pm Just received an email that Part 1 of my fanfiction will be in the latest issue! :EXCITE:

If we receive other fanfiction or fancomic submissions, we'll probably include one of those instead so more people have the chance to get in. But if we don't get any, we can definitely include part 2 :D
Alright that’s okay. If there are other members that want to submit fanfictions of their own, then I won’t take their space. However, I’d be glad to see all of my parts in the magazines eventually.

Thank you!

Return to “Silver Fang Network”