Q2 GB Banner Competition! Deadline 25th March

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Re: Q2 GB Banner Competition! Deadline 25th March

Post by Troll Berserker »

I hope it's okay to use anime too. i tried my hand to do something with the LQ anime pics xD
https://imgur.com/0yEAjFL
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Wouldn't it be better if the banner was to change every week or maybe every day - rotating from current one, to all/most of the submitted ones?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Troll Berserker wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:02 pm I hope it's okay to use anime too. i tried my hand to do something with the LQ anime pics xD
Wow the mix of anime and manga is really cool! The thought of mixing both never occurred to me for some reason XD I'm really digging it - it's nice to see the same scene in both.
Kaiken wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:19 pm Wouldn't it be better if the banner was to change every week or maybe every day - rotating from current one, to all/most of the submitted ones?
I don't know if a rotating banner is something we can do (@Regnant?) but the reason for every quarter is because that's generally a nice period of time to have one. Consistency without permanence!

The reception of this friendly competition banner has been really well received though. We have other themes for future banners tucked away for next time as well... I think if we had a rotating banner all the time it might take away the fun of it somewhat.

However, if a rotating banner is something possible, it would be nice to have all the years submissions in rotation for the last month of the year for example? Then start January with a brand new roster of designs.
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Troll Berserker wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:02 pm I hope it's okay to use anime too. i tried my hand to do something with the LQ anime pics xD
LOVE the color scheme on this one! The red is really intense on that brown. <3
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Rotating banner is possible! Just a bit of JavaScript and I can have it rotate between a few, or space it out to certain time periods (like if you wanted the banner to automatically change every month)
Image Image
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Wow all banners look so amazing!<3
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Regnant wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:55 pm Rotating banner is possible! Just a bit of JavaScript and I can have it rotate between a few, or space it out to certain time periods (like if you wanted the banner to automatically change every month)
Good to know! I don't think I'll change the rules for this one now but maybe we could implement some rotating banners later on ^^
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Thanks everyone for all the entries, deadline is tomorrow for any stragglers! Poll will be up on Monday :)

Return to “Main”