GB Community Banner Design Project

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

GB Community Banner Design Project

Post by Arano »

Official discussion topic for GB's banners.

To keep our banner interesting and involving the community, it will be changed every quarter: January, February and March (Q1 [done for this year]); April, May and June (Q2); July, August and September (Q3); and October, November and December (Q4).

Q2 - Winning banner of our first themed competition, designed by FDQ

Q1 - First banner for the new board designed by Arano
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: GB Community Banner Design Project

Post by Arano »

We are officially into Q3 so a new banner contest is imminent, but Regnant has installed a rotating banner for all the Q2 entries that we'll keep running while a new competition takes place!
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

Arano wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:06 pm We are officially into Q3 so a new banner contest is imminent, but Regnant has installed a rotating banner for all the Q2 entries that we'll keep running while a new competition takes place!
I love the ones up at the time of posting this comment
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

I chirped a very excited chirp when I saw mine pop up. x3;;;
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

Tikikata wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:42 pm I chirped a very excited chirp when I saw mine pop up. x3;;;
which was yours
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

AWESOME! ^-^
Thanks so much to the person who edited the speech bubble outta my banner LOL;; it needed that.

ImageImage
frisbee
Recruit
Recruit

Post by frisbee »

Y'all did an amazing job on the banners! All of em' look fantastic!

I would love to join one of these contest in the future. ^^
Vegas and Atlas siggy made by Mako
Houndy

Post by Houndy »

Arano wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:06 pm We are officially into Q3 so a new banner contest is imminent, but Regnant has installed a rotating banner for all the Q2 entries that we'll keep running while a new competition takes place!
Why not just use the rotating banner from now on? IMO it would be a lot better and funnier than having a banner contest because it allows everyone to get their banner to the site instead of just one winner. I don't think that there'll be too many entries for that.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Houndy wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:05 pm
Why not just use the rotating banner from now on? IMO it would be a lot better and funnier than having a banner contest because it allows everyone to get their banner to the site instead of just one winner. I don't think that there'll be too many entries for that.
We will use the rotating banner format in ways like this going forward, but that doesn't negate the purpose of the contests.

The rotating banner simply gives us more options in how those contests are run so we can maintain a fresh variety and not use the same ones forever. We can have randomised, and I believe Regnant said we could have them timed as well which would be an interesting format for a content to be built around. Plus, I bet some people will be bored and/or annoyed by these current banners by the end of next week! Not everyone likes a rotating banner after all (including me).

Everyone who participates in the contest will end up getting their banner displayed one way or the other, but without a competitive edge the exercise of having user participation at all becomes pointless for something like this.

Return to “Main”