Community update #1

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.

Should the old board be archived and browsable for a year?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Yes / Please use the money to archive it for a year as originally planned
61%
No / Please keep the money for this board's maintenance costs
39%

Total votes: 31

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: Community update

Post by Arano »

Thank you Regnant for fielding this :DD

Houndy - I'm not in the IT field as a profession or a hobby, but my developer is. I'll link him to this conversation so he can see your concerns.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Update!

Developer has been testing it over the weekend and has got the static old board working on his on server for now. I'll be able to look at it tomorrow to test it before money is dropped on its own server space :)
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Update!

I've vetted the forum with the developer this morning and he's set up a script to scrape the board. The forums that are being saved are:
Main, The Ginga Guardian Newspaper, all Community Forums (GNG, GDW etc), all FIG forums and the Auction and Trading Post forum.

All other forums are either not worth saving (eg spam and RPG section), or contain member-sensitive data that were never accessable to guest visitors (Talk forum, Support forum, Fan forum).
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Now that the old board is up I will have some headspace to try and get something in place to facilitate the production of an RPG game for the board. I'll close this topic, but I think in future I'll keep the "community update" format for any future news/discussion.

Thanks for sticking with me everyone! I know I'm haphazard in getting things done, but they do end up getting done at least ;)

Return to “Main”