2019 Q1 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

2019 Q1 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

If you'd like to design a banner for the board, here are the first themes for Q1 of 2019 for you to choose from! There is no competition, so all banners submitted will be used in random rotation as per the current ones in their designated month. You can create as many banners as you like and if you want to make a banner for all 3 rounds you are of course free to do so :)

Design instructions and how to submit your banners are below the theme details.

January Theme choices: Deadline end of December
- Open theme using last Wars characters only to celebrate the end of the series!

February Theme choices: Deadline end of January
- Valentines: Romantic couples (eg Ben & Cross, Reika & Hiro) or platonic friendships (eg Weed and Jerome)
- Anti-valentines: Mutsu Generals theme - it is the month of Kisaragi after all! Either the characters themselves, relations of, notable interactions with other characters (eg Kisaragi and Terry)

March Theme choices: Deadline end of February
- OC interaction: Do you have a Ginga OC? Include your character interacting with a Takahashi character of your choice.
- BEARS!

Banner Creation info/rules:

Design your banner(s) at 1,800px wide by 394px tall at 72dpi.
  • If you have photoshop/GIMP, you can download a template here.
  • If you use any other program click here to download the Ginga Board Logo.
  • The logo does not have to be centered horizontally, it can go anywhere in the space as long as the size stays the same. You are allowed to alter the colour.
  • There will be a credit box added with your name to either end of the banner where space allows (as the current banners show). Please be mindful of this and make sure you leave space at one end.
  • You can use images from the Free Image Gallery/scans of your own or draw the characters yourself. If you draw it yourself, you may include your artist signature in the corner, but otherwise please design the banner free of any text.
How to submit your banner design:

Submit your banner design by uploading it to a hosting site like imgur and posting it in a reply in this topic.
Please save your file as a high res JPEG or a PNG.
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Re: 2019 Q1 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Tsukitora »

If nobody makes a Sirius tribute banner for next month I'mma be super disappointed in y'all :P4:

What pic resolution would you guys recommend for a GB banner if I manage to make one this time? I tried to do a TLW-themed banner last month but there wasn't any room for the logo..
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I predict Gingastar's banner for Janurary is gonna be great, since they loves Sirius vs Orion a lot XD

I'm excited to try making some of these! I don't exactly have ginga OCs, but I do have some dogs ocs...

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Neat themes!!!
I wish I could make a banner, I have a few OCs XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

That's a cool set!

By the way, I can't see the banner anymore on mobile since the first bunch of rotating submissions was uploaded?
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Oooh, I know exactly who I'm gonna use for February's banner!!

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Tsukitora wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:50 am If nobody makes a Sirius tribute banner for next month I'mma be super disappointed in y'all :P4:

What pic resolution would you guys recommend for a GB banner if I manage to make one this time? I tried to do a TLW-themed banner last month but there wasn't any room for the logo..
Resolution would be 72dpi as that is screen resolution :)
Flanoir wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:25 am That's a cool set!

By the way, I can't see the banner anymore on mobile since the first bunch of rotating submissions was uploaded?
Try clearing your browser history and cookies? It works for me on chrome, firefox and duckduckgo.
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Finally. I can make beautiful Lloyd x Gracia art. Bless. :lloyd:

Thank goodness for having a six week long break from work to actually get to work on stuff again...
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

Excited to try making all of the themes!
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

I did my banner submission for the January theme! I chose to draw Monsoon and base it on my fave volume colour of TLW, volume 19 ^_^

Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Akame wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:15 am I did my banner submission for the January theme! I chose to draw Monsoon and base it on my fave volume colour of TLW, volume 19 ^_^

THIS IS EPIC. I absolutely love those colors!
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Akame wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:15 am I did my banner submission for the January theme! I chose to draw Monsoon and base it on my fave volume colour of TLW, volume 19 ^_^

Yoooooooooooooooooooooo this is EPIC. And you're gonna do one for all the themes? You bless our eyes senpai
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Heavily inspired by the ending of the GDW anime, here's a good boy enjoying the spring of Ohu, finally free of his tormentor though still a bit uncertain because the past few months have been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for him.

(Large)

If it turns out Bob somehow died during the chapters we've missed I'm going to be extremely displeased and not just because that would make this banner canonically impossible :P4:

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Digsu wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:14 pm Heavily inspired by the ending of the GDW anime, here's a good boy enjoying the spring of Ohu, finally free of his tormentor though still a bit uncertain because the past few months have been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for him.

(Large)

If it turns out Bob somehow died during the chapters we've missed I'm going to be extremely displeased and not just because that would make this banner canonically impossible :P4:
Awwww what a nice idea, I really like it. The lil ghost puppers are so cute ;;
I too am curious about the fate of Bob and hope he isn't dead 8'D
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

aaaand my February submission (I'm doing it early or else I'll forget lmao) Riki x Fuji
Digsu wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:14 pm Heavily inspired by the ending of the GDW anime, here's a good boy enjoying the spring of Ohu, finally free of his tormentor though still a bit uncertain because the past few months have been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for him.

(Large)

Ahhhh I was hoping someone would do Bob :sigh: poor baby... amazing artwork here! Do you have a art topic here or a dA account? :0
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Akame wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:53 pm Ahhhh I was hoping someone would do Bob :sigh: poor baby... amazing artwork here! Do you have a art topic here or a dA account? :0
Thank you~

I don't have either of those, mostly because I draw infrequently enough that I don't really bother posting it anywhere when I do. I am very lazy yes.

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Akame wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:53 pm aaaand my February submission (I'm doing it early or else I'll forget lmao) Riki x Fuji
... How are you doing these so quick you madlad.
Riki x Fuji is my favourite couple too. Her sweet wifesmile at ghost Riki asdffghj ;;

Ps. Nice Akame-santa graphics 👌
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

I tried to make a banner for January.
It's my first time doing this so if there is something that needs to be fixed, please tell me! XD

Image Image
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Limonzy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:19 am I tried to make a banner for January.
It's my first time doing this so if there is something that needs to be fixed, please tell me! XD

Uooohhh, the colors look so good on this!!

And Akame, your Riki x Fuji one is so cute!

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Limonzy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:19 am I tried to make a banner for January.

Wow, very nice colours! This is perfect well done :D Awh, Sirius' shooting star ;;

Return to “Main”