Community update #2

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Community update #2

Post by Arano »

Whoops, forgot an introduction when I first posted this:

The board's first year has been great, I'm really pleased with the board activity. Thank you to everyone who moved with us/came back after absence/have joined us as brand new members!

As with the first update, here are some key points in relation to the board and it's general running:

#1 Board Funds
All funds for the Indiegogo campaign have been used; the server has been paid up until August 2019.

#2 Admin/Mod positions
I've had a couple of asks as to whether positions are available or will be available in future, and at the moment the answer is no - the board pretty much runs itself! However...

#3 Ginga ARPG (Art and Roleplay Group)
From the last community update in May: To sustain the board beyond the ending of Last Wars, one thing I would really like to do is develop a Ginga ARPG. The "Gingaverse" has huge potential for a point based system where people can develop characters in real time not just through roleplay but through art and fanfiction too, and I would love to try and combine it with board incentives as well.

I've been too busy to act on this but would like to get the ball rolling on this to launch this coming year. I would like 3, possibly 4 mods/developers (depending on applicants) to work with me to get the bare bones of this off the ground, then for me to step back and give this section to said mods to handle without admin intervention.

I will make a separate topic for people to apply to later on, but here is the jist of the job description!

Story Writer(s) - The idea behind an ARPG is to have characters develop in real time and react to an underlying plot rather than a total open world, so there will need to be writers to create the games universe and basic storyline. It would be great to have arcs in true Takahashi style, have clans for people to join, and story actions for players to respond to.

Game dev(s) - For characters to level up, a point and reward system will need to be built around art, writing and roleplay events. While everyone will start the game at the same base level, incentives for people to build their characters and unlock tiered rewards such as skills, weapons, positions in the clan they join etc (all of which needs to be build and managed with the story writers) is what drives and keeps the RPG active. If you're not keen on the idea of having to come up with a story, but like the idea of essentially being a game-master to oversee gameplay, this is the role for you.

#4 Feedback
Anything to voice? Leave a comment here :)

Return to “Main”