RPG Developer Application / Info

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.

If an RPG section becomes available, would you use it?

Yes
47%
No
47%
Depends (please explain in a comment)
6%

Total votes: 17

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

RPG Developer Application / Info

Post by Arano »

I've had a lot of ideas for an ARPG (Art and Roleplay Game), and while I think there is great potential for this on the board, I need to be realistic - I don't personally have the time to develop it myself or work with others to realise it, my activity is not what it needs to be to make it a success and it would be unfair to expect others to take it on on my behalf.

An RPG section has been a long time coming for those who want it, so I would like to relinquish my involvement and give this project to a small group of people who would like to take charge of getting an RPG section off the ground for the forum. This responsibility does not come with the obligation to use my ARPG idea (mentioned in Community Update #2), it can be built however you like; my only involvement would be to create the sections you need and provide admin support when needed.

To apply as an RPG developer:
If you actively roleplay and would like to have the chance to manage your own, please reply in this topic with some basic information about what makes you the right person to take on this challenge! Have you managed your own RPG before? Do you actively roleplay Ginga characters elsewhere but would like to manage your own game? Anything you feel is relevant!

For those who don't want to apply, but would like to weigh in on the subject:
Please do comment and have your say on whether an RPG section on this forum is relevant to your interest (or simply answer the poll).

Topic will be closed end of January.
Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Re: RPG Developer Application / Info

Post by Astor »

Hey Arano, I would love to apply :)

While I haven’t roleplayed Ginga in many years, I do run 3 other roleplay servers on discord and used to run a roleplay forum many many years ago. I’ve always been an avid roleplayer and my favourite thing is coming up with plots and ideas for the story to follow, though I’d be quite happy managing the development of the game too :) the idea of keeping her Ginga community alive through roleplay is something very important to me!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Hello! I'd definitely be interested in applying. I've done lots of RP hosting before, on various platforms. Sadly, I won't have time and/or interest in Roleplaying myself, but I'd definitely be able to help out by leading RP management to the best of my abilities. :)
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
DakotaTheGSD

Post by DakotaTheGSD »

Hi Arano! I would love to apply!

Ginga doesnt have enough involvement and I think a roleplay section would be a great part to the forums. For people who do want this, obviously they can have their own rps, and even for those who dont, they can have the option not to, but also leaves it open for them to change their minds.

I have been roleplaying online on different sites since 09, and have managed many roleplays that went on for hundreds, some even a few thousand pages! I've made several Ginga roleplays in the past and have my own Ginga fanfic in the making. :)
:john: "Even if I have lost this body, my soul will live once again with my comrades." :gdwjohn: ~ John, manga
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Closing this topic and having a think about what to do! Only 17 users used the poll and the interest is 50/50 on RPG usage.

Thank you to those who responded, I will PM you all in due course :)

Return to “Main”