2019 Q2 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

2019 Q2 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

If you'd like to design a banner for the board, below are the themes for Q2 of 2019 for you to choose from! Thank you everyone who submitted banners for Q1!

There is no competition, so all banners submitted will be used in random rotation as per the current ones in their designated month. You can create as many banners as you like and if you want to make a banner for all 3 rounds you are of course free to do so :)

Design instructions and how to submit your banners are below the theme details.

April Theme choice: Deadline end of March
April fool theme! Bring out your anime/manga bombs and ginga memes!
This month is exclusively anime/manga bomb and ginga meme related. The sillier the better, have fun :KRUMP: For this theme you can choose to leave the logo out of your design entirely (or make your own)

May Theme Choice: Deadline end of April
Mothers Day theme! For this theme obviously your banner must be based around a ginga character who is a mother. Some main character choices are Fuji, Cross, Sakura, Reika, Lydia and Koyuki, but feel free to be creative and pick an unnamed mother who appears in the manga (eg Kyoushiro's mother), or pick a mother from another Takahashi manga series entirely!

June Theme choices: Deadline end of May
Pride month theme: The month of the only Rainbow Warrior in the Ginga series - Pink Dragon! You are free to make it all about him or crack pair him with another character.
Open wolf theme: Create a banner using the wolves from GNG.

Banner Creation info/rules:

Design your banner(s) at 1,800px wide by 394px tall at 72dpi.
  • If you have photoshop/GIMP, you can download a template here.
  • If you use any other program click here to download the Ginga Board Logo.
  • The logo does not have to be centered horizontally, it can go anywhere in the space as long as the size stays the same. You are allowed to alter the colour.
  • There will be a credit box added with your name to either end of the banner where space allows (as the current banners show). Please be mindful of this and make sure you leave space at one end.
  • You can use images from the Free Image Gallery/scans of your own or draw the characters yourself. If you draw it yourself, you may include your artist signature in the corner, but otherwise please design the banner free of any text.
How to submit your banner design:

Submit your banner design by uploading it to a hosting site like imgur and posting it in a reply in this topic.
Please save your file as a high res JPEG or a PNG.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: 2019 Q2 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Dragon »

OMF that sounds like an amazing theme @ april LOL I'm excited.

Need ideas for May and June, or does 'theme pending' mean a list is already made but being chosen? o:

ImageImage
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

April theme sounds fun! Im gonna do the most overused Ginga joke in the book
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Dragon wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:05 am OMF that sounds like an amazing theme @ april LOL I'm excited.

Need ideas for May and June, or does 'theme pending' mean a list is already made but being chosen? o:
Please feel free to suggest themes! We do have some themes saved behind the scenes I just haven't had the time to look and think about it XD
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

May's theme should be Mother's Day definitely

Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

I second the Mother's Day idea!

For June, I would be into a sea/river thing!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I guess here's the first April banner because the instant I read "bring out your bombs" I knew what I had to do.

(large)

RAPTOR GIN :P4:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I'm on for the Mother's Day as well fo May! As so majority of countries have it in May, even though different dates. ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Loving the Jurassic Gin banner, Digsu! :D

I'm definitely in the club for a Mother's Day theme for May, too. It'd be lovely to see all our favourite Ginga mamas up there. :heart:

As for June, how about an LGBT+ theme for pride month? Or it's also the month that winter begins in the southern hemisphere but somehow that sounds less enthralling...
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Shining Sirius wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:50 pm As for June, how about an LGBT+ theme for pride month? Or it's also the month that winter begins in the southern hemisphere but somehow that sounds less enthralling...
That's an interesting idea! I like it ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

An LGBTQ+ theme would be cool, but I'm wondering how that'd work in a series as conservative as Ginga? Would it just be based on fan ships? Headcanons?

Also that raptor gin banner is incredible
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

A mothers day theme would be amazing! I’m also totally on board for an LGBT+ theme!!
Wolpard wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:27 pm An LGBTQ+ theme would be cool, but I'm wondering how that'd work in a series as conservative as Ginga? Would it just be based on fan ships? Headcanons?

Yes, it would have to be based on fan ships. GB/Sasuke, Reika/Koyuki, Ken/Kagetora are some that come to mind.
Last edited by Gingastar on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Gingastar wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:45 pm A mothers day theme would be amazing!
Wolpard wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:27 pm An LGBTQ+ theme would be cool, but I'm wondering how that'd work in a series as conservative as Ginga? Would it just be based on fan ships? Headcanons?

Yes, it would have to be based on fan ships. GB/Sasuke, Reika/Koyuki, Ken/Kagetora are some that come to mind.
I second that. Otherwise it would be a bunch of banners with only Pink Dragon lol

Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

FDQ wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:31 pm
Gingastar wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:45 pm A mothers day theme would be amazing!

I second that. Otherwise it would be a bunch of banners with only Pink Dragon lol

Honestly? I would absolutely love to see Pink Dragon banners for a LGBT+ month! :EXCITE:
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

RAPTOR GIN RETURNS!

Mothers day theme is great, that will be the theme for May :)

LGBTQ+ theme is interesting. I don't think it should include fanships though... I think it should focus entirely on Pink Dragon as the only canon "nod" to this demographic, so how about fleshing out his character more. I mean he's the only okama and was important enough to be a hakkenshi... so surely some of the wolves must have had a soft spot for him nudge nudge wink wink.
What if it was a crack pairing challenge? Pink Dragon's defining character takeaway is that he's homosexual. So, let's allow him to actually be that: pair him with another wolf character!
What do you think?

That could be one choice for the month, the other choice could simply be wolf themed for those who don't want to participate in the above?
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Arano wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:43 pm RAPTOR GIN RETURNS!

Mothers day theme is great, that will be the theme for May :)

LGBTQ+ theme is interesting. I don't think it should include fanships though... I think it should focus entirely on Pink Dragon as the only canon "nod" to this demographic, so how about fleshing out his character more. I mean he's the only okama and was important enough to be a hakkenshi... so surely some of the wolves must have had a soft spot for him nudge nudge wink wink.
What if it was a crack pairing challenge? Pink Dragon's defining character takeaway is that he's homosexual. So, let's allow him to actually be that: pair him with another wolf character!
What do you think?

That could be one choice for the month, the other choice could simply be wolf themed for those who don't want to participate in the above?
Let's give Pink Dragon some LOOOVE!!

Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

I went nuts, sorry xDD

The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Troll Berserker wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:23 pm I went nuts, sorry xDD

Oh my gosh, I haven't seen the blue and green Hakuro clones in a while! XP Great job, I love this one especially! :thumbsup:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Well, it's not a bomb, but hopefully this works for the April Fool's theme? :p I changed the dogs to bears and bears to dogs.

Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

MERRY CHRISTMAS GINGA BOARD!!!!!!!

Link:
https://imgur.com/a/qDzpE5d
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt

Return to “Main”