2019 Q4 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

2019 Q4 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

If you'd like to design a banner for the board, below are the themes for the final quarter of 2019 for you to choose from!

There is no competition, so all banners submitted will be used in random rotation as per the current ones in their designated month. You can create as many banners as you like and if you want to make a banner for all 3 rounds you are of course free to do so :)

Design instructions and how to submit your banners are below the theme details.

October Theme choices: Deadline end of September | Extension to 6th of October to be added to the rotation
Halloween "scary" character or dead character theme: Bring out your dead! Or, pick a character that is visually scary and is naturally their own Halloween costume (eg P4, Aram, Red Bull, Murder S)
TLW theme: Create a banner using Noah or Joe (one brought back from the dead, the other brought back in a flashback (we can always hope...)

November Theme Choices: Deadline end of October
Friends and family theme: Whether blood (eg Kurotora's family) adoptive (eg Saheji and Yukimura) or platonic trio/pack (eg Gin, Akame and John)
Non ginga theme: Create a banner using a Takahashi series that is not related to Ginga! Eg Lassie, Yamato, Gamu, Fang, White Lotus etc...

December Theme choices: Deadline end of November
Battle theme: The battles against Akakabuto, Hougen, Masamune and Monsoon all happen in winter. Your task is simply to make a banner out of your favourite Ginga battle! This theme is not restricted to the aforementioned 4 examples and can be any fight/battle you like.
Open Winter/Christmas theme: Create a holiday themed banner to balance out the above...!

Banner Creation info/rules:

Design your banner(s) at 1,800px wide by 394px tall at 72dpi.
  • If you have photoshop/GIMP, you can download a template here.
  • If you use any other program click here to download the Ginga Board Logo.
  • The logo does not have to be centered horizontally, it can go anywhere in the space as long as the size stays the same. You are allowed to alter the colour.
  • There will be a credit box added with your name to either end of the banner where space allows (as the current banners show). Please be mindful of this and make sure you leave space at one end.
  • You can use images from the Free Image Gallery/scans of your own or draw the characters yourself. If you draw it yourself, you may include your artist signature in the corner, but otherwise please design the banner free of any text.
How to submit your banner design:

Submit your banner design by uploading it to a hosting site like imgur and posting it in a reply in this topic.
Please save your file as a high res JPEG or a PNG.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: 2019 Q4 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

New themes for the final quarter! Sorry it took me so long to get this up, if you don't have enough time to finish your banner at the end of this month there's an extra week for me to add yours to the rotation :)
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

*crickets*

Spooky season is closing in...
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

I hope this isn't gonna be the first month without new banners :/

I'm gonna try making one

EDIT: Here it is

Hougen, Kurojaki, Akakabuto and Monsoon rise from their graves to do a little spooking :P4:
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:28 pm Image

Hougen, Kurojaki, Akakabuto and Monsoon rise from their graves to do a little spooking :P4:
Hooray for our first Spooptober banner! :tfw_rigel1:

I especially love your work on Kurojaki here, Hyzenthlay! :kurojaki:
I can already hear This Is Halloween playing! :EXCITE:
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

Done.
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

I wish I could make more GB banners but idk how to make them the exact required resolution (the TLW one I did in January I made on the iPhone app Aftercut, which doesn’t provide exact image resolutions/size numbers) :tfw_orion1:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Murder S is basically the closest thing Ginga is ever going to have to an actual zombie (essentially came back from the dead, has half his face mssing, entirely driven by a single goal) so

(large)

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Really simple *doom* Akakabuto! I don't know about you guys, but there always tends to be a snow storm on Halloween here!

Image Image
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Digsu wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:07 pm Murder S is basically the closest thing Ginga is ever going to have to an actual zombie (essentially came back from the dead, has half his face mssing, entirely driven by a single goal) so

(large)
That's absolutely terrifying

I love it :P4:
Regnant wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:14 pm Really simple *doom* Akakabuto! I don't know about you guys, but there always tends to be a snow storm on Halloween here!

I love this! It's simple yet so haunting. I love how well Akakabuto blends in with the snow
The Gay Jackalope

Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

super spooky entries! I gotta kick myself and make a banner before the deadline!...whomst to choose
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

decided on Joe for the dead character theme of October! tried to make it a little spooky
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Well done guys :D I'll add the banners tomorrow, and if there's others who want to add one you have until the end of the weekend to complete them!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Akame wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:29 pm decided on Joe for the dead character theme of October! tried to make it a little spooky
Love the analogous red/purple colour pallet you've chosen for this one, Akame! :heart:
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Tsukitora wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:10 am I wish I could make more GB banners but idk how to make them the exact required resolution (the TLW one I did in January I made on the iPhone app Aftercut, which doesn’t provide exact image resolutions/size numbers) :tfw_sirius5:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Tsukitora wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:09 pm
Tsukitora wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:10 am I wish I could make more GB banners but idk how to make them the exact required resolution (the TLW one I did in January I made on the iPhone app Aftercut, which doesn’t provide exact image resolutions/size numbers) :tfw_sirius5:
The one you made in January worked just fine so I don't know how you did it either XD I didn't think people could make this kind of thing on phones.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Hey guys sorry for the delay, been having problems with my internet so haven't been able to upload the banners yet, should be fixed today :)
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

exciting spooksome!
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Are the Halloween banners up? I don't see them.
The Gay Jackalope

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:03 pm Are the Halloween banners up? I don't see them.
I dont think so, not up for me either.

Return to “Main”