2020 Q2 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: 2020 Q2 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:24 pm Image
That's. heccing. awesome.

ImageImage
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Awesome banners Digsu and Akame :)
Here's something else I've put together. Man, making style-consistent image is hard with GDW screens xD
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Troll Berserker wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:13 pm Awesome banners Digsu and Akame :)
Here's something else I've put together. Man, making style-consistent image is hard with GDW screens xD
Ooh, so sleek and gorgeous, Troll Berserker. :heart:
Very nice to see recolours of Yukimura and Joe in the anime style. :yukimura: :joe:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Troll Berserker wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:13 pm Awesome banners Digsu and Akame :)
This one is wonderful! I always thought about how Yukimura and Joe would look in anime style.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Akame wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:50 pm hyena vs. noah banner!

Woah the sketchy lines are really nice on this, perfect image choices too :sasukehearts:
Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:24 pm I may have gotten a bit carried away.

(large)

(large)
I totally cheated with this one: the foreground images were taken from the studio sheets instead of the anime proper :tfw_bella1:

(large)

Likewise, this was edited from this promo picture for the anime.
You got the logo to fit and everything in the last one that's impressive, definitely my favourite out of the 3!

bahaha I feel your pain, you did a good job though this is nice!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

So awesome! :sasukehearts:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

https://66.media.tumblr.com/b501f01545b ... e43d86.png

Ehhh....tried something different, not too happy with it, but I'm running out of time with university work.
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Tenrou24 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:46 pm https://66.media.tumblr.com/b501f01545b ... e43d86.png

Ehhh....tried something different, not too happy with it, but I'm running out of time with university work.
Awesome!!

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

-dives into homebase- MADE IT JUST IN TIME BEFORE MAY 1ST >:'D
The Assassin squadddddd, all doing their part!
Robert, Rocca, Heuler, then Jerome... and poor North, dead before he could sink his fangs into P4.
I used Kagetora laying down in ep 5 as a base for North's pic since he got robbed of the pretty episode.
Wish I could've made it look better, but I'm glad I got to submit one at all!

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Dragon wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:35 am -dives into homebase- MADE IT JUST IN TIME BEFORE MAY 1ST >:'D
Robert, Rocca, Heuler, then Jerome... and poor North, dead before he could sink his fangs into P4.
I used Kagetora laying down in ep 5 as a base for North's pic since he got robbed of the pretty episode.
Love it!!

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Dragon wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:35 am -dives into homebase- MADE IT JUST IN TIME BEFORE MAY 1ST >:'D
Ooh, so gorey. :tfw_orion1:
I'm so pleased for you having got this finished in time, Dragon! Major kudos to you! :heart:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Well done Dragon XD I'll be uploading these banners this evening so there's a bit of time if anyone wants to squeak by with a submission!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

(large)

For the unseen mothers theme. I've always assumed that the reason Masamune doesn't look like Terumune or Yamabiko is because he heavily takes after his mother instead, so I'm guessing she might look something like this.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what to do with the background (mostly because I wanted the banner to be wholesome and what little interaction the Kurohabaki family has in the manga isn't particularly wholesome) so the background is just a photo of Mount Funagata taken from Wikipedia. The manga mentions Jin'emon's charcoal kiln being close to the mountain so it might be where the Kurohabaki base is, I guess?
:bon3:

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Digsu wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:58 am Image
(large)

For the unseen mothers theme. I've always assumed that the reason Masamune doesn't look like Terumune or Yamabiko is because he heavily takes after his mother instead, so I'm guessing she might look something like this.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what to do with the background (mostly because I wanted the banner to be wholesome and what little interaction the Kurohabaki family has in the manga isn't particularly wholesome) so the background is just a photo of Mount Funagata taken from Wikipedia. The manga mentions Jin'emon's charcoal kiln being close to the mountain so it might be where the Kurohabaki base is, I guess?
:bon3:
Awesome! I like her design! :D

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Tesshin's mama time!
https://i.imgur.com/yolyAMg.png

Kurojaki is so dark furred, so I thought Tesshin's mom probably had to be very light furred. I also gave his mom a little spot on the left side of her chest like Tesshin (sometimes) has on the right side of his chest ouo
The theme of Tesshin being bad like his dad gets brought up a lot, so a bit of mixing in the fight between evil and good is thrown in, though I wouldn't exactly predict his mom is very morally good lol

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Dragon wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:33 pm Tesshin's mama time!
https://i.imgur.com/yolyAMg.png

Kurojaki is so dark furred, so I thought Tesshin's mom probably had to be very light furred. I also gave his mom a little spot on the left side of her chest like Tesshin (sometimes) has on the right side of his chest ouo
The theme of Tesshin being bad like his dad gets brought up a lot, so a bit of mixing in the fight between evil and good is thrown in, though I wouldn't exactly predict his mom is very morally good lol
Woaah it's so amazing! Love it :bon2:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Sooo sorry if it's too grim xD

Here's my idea for Tesshin's mother and also why she's not there - wilson killed Kurojaki's mate and all his pups except one. This is her just before it happened.

(btw, if you look closely - the pups she's holding are GNG and GDW designs of Tesshin xD)
Last edited by Troll Berserker on Sat May 30, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Troll Berserker wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:29 pm Sooo sorry if it's too grim xD

Here's my idea for Tesshin's mother and also why she's not there - wilson killed Kurojaki's mate and all his pups except one. This is her just before it happened.
OMG is that what happened? O_O I never thought about questioning who or where he would get Tesshin from..... omg.
Lovely banner even with the darkness!

ImageImage
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

I've always headcanoned that he murdered his mate in revenge and since dogs tend to have bigger litters than just one the also murdered the other pups. So the moment Kurojaki saw Wilson with his only pup, he knew they were gone.
I mean seriously did Tesshin just lay here unprotected/protected by some random goons? Where was his mom? xD
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

(large)

First Wars inspired summer banner! :surprisegin: Heavy reffing was involved to make the style look like Tsuji Tsukasa's as much as possible. Turns out it can be surprisingly tricky to emulate someone else's style, no matter how simple it is.

Return to “Main”