2020 Q3 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: 2020 Q3 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Digsu »

This is probably the most hipster thing possible but here goes.

This video shows Yoshi creating a new character named Sol, based on a dog he saw at a dog park, who never actually showed up in Ginga and afaik the segment is the only time he ever appeared in any capacity (though he kind of does look like he may have eventually evolved into Liger). I'm not even sure if he was ever intended to be an upcoming Ginga character or if he was just used as a demonstration of Yoshi's character design process, but either way I love his design and the whole idea of a mysterious "lost" Ginga character existing.

Look I'm just a huge fan of lost media and early design concepts and stuff like that in general, all right. :tfw_orion1:

Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Dragon wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:06 am Alright one more <.< >.> Though I wish I saw a Ben or Riki banner, but I gotta resist.

Maybe this would've fit more for a 'background character' theme, but I've already made it .w.!
https://i.imgur.com/KiNOqZH.png

Shigure <333 the dog who didn't deserve to be thrown in the void. You make him and his bros' a legend and then you ditch them? Cruel.
AGREED!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Digsu wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:29 pm This is probably the most hipster thing possible but here goes.

This video shows Yoshi creating a new character named Sol, based on a dog he saw at a dog park, who never actually showed up in Ginga and afaik the segment is the only time he ever appeared in any capacity (though he kind of does look like he may have eventually evolved into Liger). I'm not even sure if he was ever intended to be an upcoming Ginga character or if he was just used as a demonstration of Yoshi's character design process, but either way I love his design and the whole idea of a mysterious "lost" Ginga character existing.

Look I'm just a huge fan of lost media and early design concepts and stuff like that in general, all right. :tfw_orion1:
OH I LOVE this!!! I love early designs/prototypes and lost media too!! He does look like he could of evolved into being Liger, shame we didn't get to see him as Sol, though.
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Random dogs gallore with two nice looking guys on the spotlight:
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Troll Berserker wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:47 pm Random dogs gallore with two nice looking guys on the spotlight:
Looking awesome! 😁
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Banners have been swapped to the second half of August's! :)
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Arano wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:18 pm Banners have been swapped to the second half of August's! :)
That’s awesome! :bon1:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Can't wait to see what they'll all will look like together in this year's archive!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Just wanna say again how happy I am to have figured out the resolution stuff so I can start contributing banners! :tfw_bella2:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

First time I've made a banner since the board opened :tfw_sirius1:

The theme was a perfect excuse to use my background boy from Namonaki Inu no Uta. Artwork by Akame/Twitter @eraserplains!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Arano wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:05 pm Image

The theme was a perfect excuse to use my background boy from Namonaki Inu no Uta. Artwork by Akame/Twitter @eraserplains!
This is such an awesome banner! Way to go, Arano! :EXCITE:
And well done to Akame as well! :tfw_bella2:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Wow it's really awesome :sasukehearts:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

This collab banner from you and Akame is SO good, bosslady! Looks like it's straight from a comic book! :sasukehearts:

Also, I should confess that, for the longest time, I thought this fella was your OC, Arano, not a canon character. Derp.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Thanks guys!
Shining Sirius wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:57 pm

This collab banner from you and Akame is SO good, bosslady! Looks like it's straight from a comic book! :sasukehearts:

Also, I should confess that, for the longest time, I thought this fella was your OC, Arano, not a canon character. Derp.
Haha, I consider Akame's design of him an OC though.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I think that they're background characters because we didn't see them that much as Kisaragi. So I wanted to make a banner of them three! :surprisegin:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Wolpard wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:10 pm Had to make a Kyoushiro too! Since he is my very close second favorite after Tesshin (not Jyoushiro tho).

*pops up from the dead*

HIM
icon by azzai
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I may have gotten a bit carried away again.

All hail Harunosuke, the only Great Dane with properly floppy ears in the entire freaking series.

Why would you make a dog who's randomly from Italy and has an insane design only to kill them offscreen immediately, Mirko deserved so much better.

Judging by what very little characterization he gets (especially that one scene in GDWO 17), Koroku gives me the impression of him being the "worrywart the others like to mess with" of the Sanada pack and I love that.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

I like how you used the Italian colors. That is very nice!
I wonder if we got members from Italia here now xD
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Awesome submissions for this month. Will get them up later!
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Cool banners everyone! I really love to see the minor characters getting their time in the spotlight!
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them

Return to “Main”