2020 Q4 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

2020 Q4 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

For inspiration, see our banner design archive.

There is no competition, so all banners submitted will be used in random rotation as per the current ones in their designated month. You can create as many banners as you like and if you want to make a banner for all 3 rounds you are of course free to do so :)

Design instructions and how to submit your banners are below the theme details.

October Theme: Halloween Deadline end of September
Ghosts, zombies... zombie godzilla monsoon... bring out your dead Ginga heroes/villains!

November Theme choices: Deadline end of October
Alternate Universes: Re-Design characters, or re-write Ginga history! Is there a character you would design differently? Is there a character you would have kept in the story up to now, and who would they accompany? (Eg GB with the Star Siblings)
Alternate Leader of Ohu: Apparently, Bella is unpopular! Surely not... What would she look like as the Leader of the Ohu Army?

December Theme: Deadline end of November
End of year open theme!cDo whatever you like! :bon1:

Banner Creation info/rules:

Design your banner(s) at 1,800px wide by 394px tall at 72dpi.
  • If you have photoshop/GIMP, you can download a template here.
  • If you use any other program click here to download the Ginga Board Logo.
  • The logo does not have to be centered horizontally, it can go anywhere in the space as long as the size stays the same. You are allowed to alter the colour.
  • There will be a credit box added with your name to either end of the banner where space allows (as the current banners show). Please be mindful of this and make sure you leave space at one end.
  • You can use images from the Free Image Gallery/scans of your own or draw the characters yourself. If you draw it yourself, you may include your artist signature in the corner, but otherwise please design the banner free of any text.
How to submit your banner design:

Submit your banner design by uploading it to a hosting site like imgur and posting it in a reply in this topic.
Please save your file as a high res JPEG or a PNG.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: 2020 Q4 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

The last quarter of the year is here! I always look forward to the Halloween themed banners you guys make so have at it :EXCITE:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Omg so excited!!!!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Imugr no longer lets me upload anything. -_-
Anyway, here's everyone's favorite demon doggo complete with red LED eyes! Image
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Kaiken wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:20 pm Imugr no longer lets me upload anything. -_-
Anyway, here's everyone's favorite demon doggo complete with red LED eyes! Image
amazing! :tfw_rigel3:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Raki wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:17 pm
Kaiken wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:20 pm Imugr no longer lets me upload anything. -_-
amazing! :tfw_rigel3:
Thank you! :EXCITE:
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Hope this isn't too gorey XD I doubt it since it all comes from Ginga
https://i.imgur.com/JXb4YoL.png

Mash up of ideas! Villains...AND the dead. Dead villains P: You can see a little peek of Gaia and Monsoon. Those two, including Shogun and Kamakiri, don't have proper death pictures. I don't respect the Hybrid bears enough to even try squeezing them in, and I forgot about Sniper until just now writing this O-O; Sorry Sniper.

Edit: OMG I couldve added Genba and his brain ripped out of him! Sad </3

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Dragon wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:10 am Hope this isn't too gorey XD I doubt it since it all comes from Ginga

Mash up of ideas! Villains...AND the dead. Dead villains P: You can see a little peek of Gaia and Monsoon. Those two, including Shogun and Kamakiri, don't have proper death pictures. I don't respect the Hybrid bears enough to even try squeezing them in, and I forgot about Sniper until just now writing this O-O; Sorry Sniper.

It's amazing!! :sasukehearts:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Raki wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:46 pm
Dragon wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:10 am Hope this isn't too gorey XD I doubt it since it all comes from Ginga

Thanks! I might do a second version including Sniper, Noroi's bro, and Genba >3<

ImageImage
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Dragon wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:07 pm
Raki wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:46 pm

Thanks! I might do a second version including Sniper, Noroi's bro, and Genba >3<
That would be awesome! We never had two banners of same style and idea from one person before! Please do it!
Favorites:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

https://i.imgur.com/81Qjjkd.png

My second version! ^^ I'd definitely prefer this one if I can only pick one

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Dragon wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:39 pm Image
https://i.imgur.com/81Qjjkd.png

My second version! ^^ I'd definitely prefer this one if I can only pick one
AMAZING :tfw_akame:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I don't know how to upload on Imgur now.. where can I upload? :THOT:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

How come so many people can't upload to imgur anymore? I've just tried my account and I can upload just fine...

Edit: For those having issues https://imgbox.com/ is apparently a good alternative
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Arano wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:37 pm How come so many people can't upload to imgur anymore? I've just tried my account and I can upload just fine...

Edit: For those having issues https://imgbox.com/ is apparently a good alternative
Couldn't upload at this forum either, you know attachments, I already uploaded two but it's enough. If I delete one, it's gone from entire forum right? What if we could have unlimited attachments or it's not possible? :tfw_aokabuto1:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Raki wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:17 pm
Arano wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:37 pm How come so many people can't upload to imgur anymore? I've just tried my account and I can upload just fine...

Couldn't upload at this forum either, you know attachments, I already uploaded two but it's enough. If I delete one, it's gone from entire forum right? What if we could have unlimited attachments or it's not possible? :tfw_aokabuto1:
I would not be able to afford the server costs for unlimited attachments :Koyukisweat:
But, let me look into that because I think I can definitely increase it. I still encourage imgur for hosting though.

Yes deleting an attachment means it is gone from the board.

Is it people without accounts who can't upload anymore?
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Cool banners! I gotta say I can't make anything halloween related, so I'll wait for the next month XD
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Arano wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:53 pm
Raki wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:17 pm

I would not be able to afford the server costs for unlimited attachments :Koyukisweat:
But, let me look into that because I think I can definitely increase it. I still encourage imgur for hosting though.

Yes deleting an attachment means it is gone from the board.

Is it people without accounts who can't upload anymore?
No worries, I understand that and you shouldn't need to do it! :) That's right, I'm not a member there so probably why it isn't working? :THOT:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Yea, I don't have an account there either.
Favorites:
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

This was an opportunity I just couldn't pass up :orion3:: Sirius (and Monsoon) burning in the pits of Hell where they belong ;3

Return to “Main”