2020 Q4 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: 2020 Q4 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Spirit Tree »

Kaiken wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:41 pm Maybe best friends theme? Ken-Kagetora, Gin-John, Ben-Riki, Moss-Benizakura, Bon-Orion-Andy-Yamabiko, Jerome-Kaibutsu, etc? :D
And repeating my previous idea of bizzare characters theme.
I actually came up with the best friends theme a while ago. I still approve of that. Gin-Smith and Weed-GB are ideas that I’ve thought of. They can work, too. :tfw_bella2:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:14 pm
Kaiken wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:41 pm Maybe best friends theme? Ken-Kagetora, Gin-John, Ben-Riki, Moss-Benizakura, Bon-Orion-Andy-Yamabiko, Jerome-Kaibutsu, etc? :D
And repeating my previous idea of bizzare characters theme.
I actually came up with the best friends theme a while ago. I still approve of that. Gin-Smith and Weed-GB are ideas that I’ve thought of. They can work, too. :tfw_bella2:
Oh, oops sorry! I must have either missed or forgotten that. I just thought of it as I did some drawings of Orion and Yamabiko xD
Are Weed and GB friends though? I assumed GB was more of a father figure for him? We had a theme of adoptive fathers last year I think (Moss-Tesshin, Saheiji-Yukimura, GB-Weed, Ben-Akatora, etc).
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

whoops, I accidentally ran the manga through an old dot matrix printer (open at full size for full 1980s glory)

Done.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I'm gonna repeat what I said in a previous post and suggest a crossover/mash Ginga up with another series theme.

Anyway here's another banner for December:

What if characters were actually colored like their GDW figures? :P4: Plus a hiding translucent blue Weed.

Reno
Friend
Friend

Post by Reno »

Digsu wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:30 pm I'm gonna repeat what I said in a previous post and suggest a crossover/mash Ginga up with another series theme.

What if characters were actually colored like their GDW figures? :P4: Plus a hiding translucent blue Weed.
Awesome banner!! Not gonna lie I really really like that Murder S coloring
Image Avatar and banner done by Kasi. Sprite by GSDJohn!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Digsu wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:30 pm I'm gonna repeat what I said in a previous post and suggest a crossover/mash Ginga up with another series theme.

OMG perfect

I always wondered why the hell P4 was colored green for the figures...
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Omg I love this XD

Now I wish those were Tesshin's official colors tbh
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Mako wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:22 am whoops, I accidentally ran the manga through an old dot matrix printer (open at full size for full 1980s glory)

Nice! :tfw_bella2:

Damn, that’s so brilliant! :bon1:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

I love this one! I remember seeing that white Hiro figure before XD, I had never seen the green Kaibutsu figure before, though, and I thought that white Hiro was weird :jeromeder:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Last little push of a banner! Low effort, but I love this theme so I think it was worth it!
https://i.imgur.com/XErCLTC.png

GNG's first edition covers! I was a big dummy and bought the wrong edition (edition 3), not realizing how different it'd be from this one. :tfw_orion1: One day, I shall get this onneeee... hopefully D:

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Wow awesome!!! 😍
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Awesome submissions guys, you're a creative bunch! Can't wait to get these uploaded!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

one last-minute banner crashing into topic

I was so glad that you guys liked my GDW figure banner that I decided to make another similar one: GNG characters using the official colors of the GNG figures!

It's probably for the best that the actual figures ended up being unpainted.

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Digsu wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:47 pm one last-minute banner crashing into topic

I was so glad that you guys liked my GDW figure banner that I decided to make another similar one: GNG characters using the official colors of the GNG figures!

Eyy awesome! :bon1:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Digsu wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:47 pm one last-minute banner crashing into topic

LOL NICE

I like Kurokabuto :KRUMP:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Sorry I'm being slow, hectic RL at the moment and I keep forgetting to upload the banners, I'll try again tomorrow!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Finally uploaded!

When I upload new banners, I continually fresh the board to make sure all the ones I loaded in actually load properly. The more banners there are, the more refreshes it takes to tick them all off.

I have a mission for you guys.

No matter how many times I refresh, I cannot get Kaiken's basketball banner to appear. It is in the directory so if you see it, let me know yeah? XD
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Arano wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:41 pm I have a mission for you guys.

No matter how many times I refresh, I cannot get Kaiken's basketball banner to appear. It is in the directory so if you see it, let me know yeah? XD
I'm afraid it's not showing up for me either... I've refreshed 75+ times by now to check. :tfw_aokabuto1:
Nara
Potential
Potential

Post by Nara »

Ooh who scanned those official colours and would it be possible to use the pic some day in the Finnish Ginga Fan Association's magazine? We could give credit to whoever scanned it.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Nara wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:49 pm

Ooh who scanned those official colours and would it be possible to use the pic some day in the Finnish Ginga Fan Association's magazine? We could give credit to whoever scanned it.
I did! I posted them over at the image gallery last year.

If you want to use that pic in the magazine, that's fine by me. :rigel4:

Return to “Main”