English GNG Availability Poll

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.

Are you subscribed to Manga Planet to read GNG?

You may select up to 2 options

View results

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

English GNG Availability Poll

Post by Arano »

I'm curious to see how many people are reading the new GNG on Manga Planet, but am also interested generally how people feel about reading Ginga manga in English online vs the need for physical books, so this poll is designed to cover that.

If you're a Finnish reader, I understand subscription to Manga Planet is superfluous for you! However, if you are a collector who would still buy English copies for your collection if available, please select 'No - But I would buy physical books of English GNG'.

You are allowed to cast two votes. For example, if you can't subscribe to read GNG due to affordability, but would still buy books if given the opportunity, you can vote for both:
No - But would if I could (affordability)
No - But I would buy physical books of English GNG

Thanks!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Re: English GNG Availability Poll

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

I am not subscribed (Yet!) since as a teenager, my job doesn't give me that much money. I earn around 450kr (Around $70) each month, and since I am in the middle of saving up for something I have wanted for some time now, I don't wanna subscribe to something until I've gotten what I want first. And I personally don't care about physical copies. If they existed, I would of course buy them instead of a digital version, but for me, it's the content that matters. Not if it is digital or physical.
Have a nice day!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:49 pm I am not subscribed (Yet!) since as a teenager, my job doesn't give me that much money. I earn around 450kr (Around $70) each month, and since I am in the middle of saving up for something I have wanted for some time now, I don't wanna subscribe to something until I've gotten what I want first. And I personally don't care about physical copies. If they existed, I would of course buy them instead of a digital version, but for me, it's the content that matters. Not if it is digital or physical.
Thank you for the honest answer! I think affordability is likely the main thing given... the world right now shall we say :yama1:
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

I’d strongly prefer a one-time payment per volume for collection purposes over periodically paying subscription to a whole site just to keep up with one series in which I already know what all happens, so I really hope Ginga will get physically published in English at some point.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Not at the moment. I plan to when there's more volumes released though.

Manga is read really fast, so I would rather wait and pay later when there's a bigger backlog when there's no benefit of owning a physical copy. I would definitely buy physical copies if they decide to do their print on demand service, because then I can read whenever I want/as much as I want, and have nice items for my collection.

I'd love to support the series with the subscription but I'd rather save my money for now because subscription fees add up...
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Same as people above said. I'm not a member right now there since I don't really like to read manga online.. And money.. It's hard times now even I really want to support him so much.. I myself prefer physical books, so I can read it again and again. So I would buy all books, so I'm really interested in physical books. 😊
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
skinklegs
Friend
Friend

Post by skinklegs »

Like most others, I haven't subscribed, but I would buy physical books if that was a possibility. I don't really like reading things online, plus I don't want to pay a subscription fee to the whole website when I'm only interested in this one series.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

It's interesting that some of you are like me and don't want to read other manga XD
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Arano wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:49 pm It's interesting that some of you are like me and don't want to read other manga XD
I might be interested in some stuff, but from what I hear their library is kinda small atm. I know they had partnered up with publishing companies that print physical manga, do they have any manga in their library that's not originally licensed by them/translated by other companies they partnered with?
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

I'm the most classical case with ''can't afford subscription'', but ''would absolutely buy physical books'' (even if they are rather expensive). I'm all about real books themselves. I buy approximately new book every week and I even thought of printing out the existing digital translations for myself, just to have them on my shelves.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

As hyped and supportive as I am of the series getting translated, it came out when I'm at my lowest financially @.@ Maybe soon I'll be able to finally help support them, but also it being digital only makes me sad </3 If they ever made physical versions, I'd jump on that so fast, but responsibilities first for now :tfw_bella1:

ImageImage
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

My opinion is same as others.I don't have enough money to afford it at the current time.Maybe in future when I get a pay rise XD
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

I'm not subscribed yet. I can afford it, and I've been meaning to do so for a while, but I don't know what's stopping me. :P
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I guess it's also about affordability for me? I could technically afford a subscription, but seeing how A) I already own the Finnish release of GNG, which makes the English translation more of a curiosity for me than a necessity, and B) I'm already spending money monthly on buying Ginga (ie. the Finnish translation of TLW at the moment), I don't really feel the need to get it.

I'm probably going to check the English translation out at some point just because I love comparing translation differences and stuff like that, but that probably won't happen until they have like 10 or so volumes, if not the whole series, done.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I am! I have for 6 months And it's only Silver Fang I read, I have tried to look at other cat ones, but none get my interest XD
Mostly for Ginga Wiki purposes as well with some translated stuff.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
SaskedieJagerin
Adviser
Adviser

Post by SaskedieJagerin »

Tsukitora wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:07 pm I’d strongly prefer a one-time payment per volume for collection purposes over periodically paying subscription to a whole site just to keep up with one series in which I already know what all happens, so I really hope Ginga will get physically published in English at some point.
Basically this, I was going to write the same.
Plus the fact that I still haven't found a job doesn't let me spend any superflous money and between saving up for a new laptop of subscribing to a website to read a manga where I know what will happen, well, I'm sure you'll guess what I chose :tfw_sirius5:
Wulf
Friend
Friend

Post by Wulf »

Tsukitora wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:07 pm I’d strongly prefer a one-time payment per volume for collection purposes over periodically paying subscription to a whole site just to keep up with one series in which I already know what all happens, so I really hope Ginga will get physically published in English at some point.
I second this!
Professional Artist for Animation + Kids Lit
Owner of Futago Kennel (Japanese Akita breeding program in Ohio)
18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier »

I’d rather buy the physical mangas over the subscription... most of the manga they have doesn’t interest me that much.

Return to “Main”