Political News Discussion Guidelines

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Political News Discussion Guidelines

Post by Arano » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:29 pm

In tandem with the Ginga Discord announcement on relaxing of politics discussion, Ginga Board will mirror the same guidance appropriate for discussing politics on the forum now the US political landscape is less intense.

Casual Chat (formerly LOTPW) Topic

LOTPW - now Casual Chat - is, and will always be a safe place to vent about ongoing political news. Casual Chat is a fast moving topic by nature where the subject changes organically, so this should not effect peoples general enjoyment of it; if the live discussion isn't one you like at the time, you can always check back later!

Support Forum

It is permitted for members to create dedicated topics for world news in the Support forum, should you wish to raise awareness about a subject you feel strongly about in your country and feel might be of interest to Ginga Board users. This has always been the case, but I wish to make clear "news" in general isn't limited to the Casual Chat topic.

Discussion Guidance

When starting or engaging in such discussions in the above areas remember the board rules, and respect any admins decision (myself, Kasi and Crystal) to shut down the conversation or remove posts/topics entirely if reported.
  • Members can use the report function to report posts for rule breaking as normal.
  • Multiple reports on a specific topic/Casual Chat thread will result in the topic/posts being removed without warning if it is out of hand and beyond moderation control.

There are many other places to discuss political issues specifically than a fandom focused on dogs, but we want to allow you to discuss these things in moderation in a safe place. While this may not seem necessary to some, it is to others; we all use the forums differently. We recognise that it is safer to discuss such issues on a forum of like-minded people with a mutual common interest - Ginga!

Remember: stay civil, stay polite; these guidelines may be subject to change pending any extensive rule breaking.

Please note: Political discussions of any sort should not be brought up in any other board areas other than what has been outlined above.

Hyzenthlay Rose
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Political News Discussion Guidelines

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:20 pm

Thank you for making a topic clarifying this.

Also I approve of the new name Casual Chat.
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:31 pm

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:20 pm

Thank you :)

We are also working behind the scenes on a new warning system that aims to give more power to members to turn topics around themselves without the need for heavy admin interference. This will come as a second announcement as it'll be applicable across the board.

Wolpard
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Wolpard » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:41 pm

I enjoy the name change! I remember being very confused as to what "LOTPW" meant when I first joined XD

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:15 am

Wolpard wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:41 pm
I enjoy the name change! I remember being very confused as to what "LOTPW" meant when I first joined XD
I got so used to it that I forgot what it stood for when it stopped being an actual game :rigel4:

Rusty
Legend
Legend

Post by Rusty » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:07 am

Arano wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:31 pm
Hyzenthlay Rose wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:20 pm

Thank you :)

We are also working behind the scenes on a new warning system that aims to give more power to members to turn topics around themselves without the need for heavy admin interference. This will come as a second announcement as it'll be applicable across the board.
I literally was JUST about to suggest a kind of warning system for sensitive topics such as political discussion. Perhaps there is a way to put tags on a topic so people know what will be discussed?

Morti
Champion
Champion

Post by Morti » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:30 am

Thank you for clarifying this!
Just a panda lost in space
♥Gundam♥ ♥Megami Tensei♥ ♥Legend of the Galactic Heroes♥
♥Gloryhammer♥ ♥Dynasty Warriors♥

Morti and Wen gifs by Gigglywiggly
My Twitter
NaNoWriMo Forums
(all year round bby)

SaskedieJagerin
Adviser
Adviser

Post by SaskedieJagerin » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:27 am

Thanks for the explanation, Arano! =D and I too like the new name!

Shining Sirius
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Shining Sirius » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:24 pm

Kudos, Arano, Crystal and Kasi for laying out these ground rules for us! I'm loving the change from LOTPW to Casual Chat too! :tfw_rigel3:
:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :akatora: :moss: :akame: :benizakura: :terry: :mangahakuro: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :hook: :jerome: :kaibutsu: :reika: :toube: :saheiji: :gdwokotetsu: :sirius: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :noah: :lonelyron: :bull:

Return to “Main”