2021 Q1 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: 2021 Q1 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Dragon »

OMG I like these themes! Can't wait to try something with the switching roles of villain and hero +_+

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I love the ideas! :sasukehearts:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Hello I am here with my banner :orion3:

Gohei is my favorite human (really the only one I care about) so we gotta have him with Riki and my interpretation of Shiro!

https://imgur.com/a/GpuxNTN
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:14 am Hello I am here with my banner :orion3:

Gohei is my favorite human (really the only one I care about) so we gotta have him with Riki and my interpretation of Shiro!

Aaa this is so cool!
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

:orion3: OMG I'm super excited to work with the villain/hero topic! I just need to pick which protagonist and antagonist to swap...
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Wolpard wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:05 am
LIBRAKIND wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:14 am Hello I am here with my banner :orion3:

Aaa this is so cool!
Thank you! :tfw_bella2:
^click me!^
My Socials
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Awesome! :tfw_bella2:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

This is so epic, Libra! Your art is SO GOOD! This looks like it could be the cover for a fan comic - it just draws you right in. :sasukehearts:
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

That is beautiful <333

Here are my submissions:

One for the Couples theme and one for the Human and Hound theme

The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Here we go! It took a bit for me to decide which characters to do, and I even scrapped a villain Weed edit I made last night, :surprisegin:

But!! Here's a concept... What if Kurojaki and Akame were swapped? What if Tessshin was an iga and Akame's son instead of Kurojaki's? :THOT:
Here is the villain swap concept! I decided to draw instead of edit it since I wanted them to "look like each other" in a way. Of course this au would also mean that Akame dies in a fire along with the rest of the iga, except the elder, tesshin, toshimitsu, tsukikage,, etc and the koga went along to help fight against akakabuto instead! This leaves a lot of open possibilities to what other characters would have looked like, and how they would have interacted with each other :orion3:
That's enough rambling! Hope you like it

Oh! and here is the villain weed edit I scrapped, it doesn't have to be used, I just thought I'd leave it here to show where my design choice came from ^^
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

kahooton wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:35 pm Here we go! It took a bit for me to decide which characters to do, and I even scrapped a villain Weed edit I made last night, :surprisegin:

But!! Here's a concept... What if Kurojaki and Akame were swapped? What if Tessshin was an iga and Akame's son instead of Kurojaki's? :THOT:
Here is the villain swap concept! I decided to draw instead of edit it since I wanted them to "look like each other" in a way. Of course this au would also mean that Akame dies in a fire along with the rest of the iga, except the elder, tesshin, toshimitsu, tsukikage,, etc and the koga went along to help fight against akakabuto instead! This leaves a lot of open possibilities to what other characters would have looked like, and how they would have interacted with each other :orion3:

Oh! and here is the villain weed edit I scrapped, it doesn't have to be used, I just thought I'd leave it here to show where my design choice came from ^^
Akame looks so cool with those scars! I love the idea and I love their stylized designs.

I love that villain Weed banner too : D
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Wow those banners look so good!!

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Thank you everyone who complimented on my banner :tfw_orion1:
Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:42 pm Here are my submissions:

One for the Couples theme and one for the Human and Hound theme

These two banners are so cute omg :tfw_bella2:
kahooton wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:35 pm Here we go! It took a bit for me to decide which characters to do, and I even scrapped a villain Weed edit I made last night, :surprisegin:

Akame looks really cool with the missing eye!!
And I love the idea of evil Weed :orion3:
^click me!^
My Socials
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

whoops my hero/villain swap ended up snowballing into an entire hecking AU my bad

In which Jaryuuki is an old, kind dragon who was driven from his home by Gaou's pack centuries ago, taking up residence in the underground "palace" occupied by Reima's pack in canon. Seeing humans driving them to near extinction, he took pity on the wolves and not only allowed them to seek refuge in his cavern home, but also gifted them with some of his magic, giving them extraordinary powers. However, the wolves grew greedy and wanted the cavern all for themselves, so they turned the power they'd received from Jaryuuki against him and forced the dragon out of his own home. The legends of a five-headed, acid-spewing monstrosity were just a lie created by Gaou's descendants for the sake of making them and their personal warriors, the Hakkenshi - descendants of the "great dragonslayers" - look better, to ensure the unconditional loyalty of their subjects. None but the leaders and Hakkenshi themselves ever knew the actual truth of the matter.

Back in the present day, Fuuga grew disgusted with the lie their kingdom had been built upon and ran away from their home on Hokkaido. Like in the canon universe, he got chased by assassins sent by Reima and got saved by Riki, to whom he taught his Battouga out of gratitude. Continuing on his way, he eventually ended up in the woods of Mt. Fuji and found the "cursed palace" that Jaryuuki had been hiding in for the past two hundred years. Wanting to atone for the crimes of his ancestors, Fuuga agreed to help the old dragon and after Akakabuto's defeat, he went to Ohu to ask the Ohu army's help. Feeling honor-bound to help a former friend of Riki's, Gin and co then traveled to Jaryuuki's hideout, where they heard the entirety of his tragic story. They quickly decided to help him by driving the wolves out of their ill-gotten home. Out of gratitude, Jaryuuki agreed to teach eight of them the same techniques he'd taught to the first Hakkenshi so long ago: the mighty Battougas.

Meanwhile, Reima managed to catch wind of a huge army of dogs led by Fuuga traveling towards his lands. Suffice to say, he's not very happy about the idea of the truth of Jaryuuki's defeat coming to light, and anyone who threatens his kingdom - or the lie that's allowed his lineage to rule over it for hundreds of years - will face the wrath of both him and his remaining Hakkenshi.

oh and since I am lazy the Palace wolves are now the villains, the Imperial wolves don't exist. Let's say that Gaou and his dragon-magic powered pack slaughtered them all when they came to them asking for shelter.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Um, I hope this is fine... I tried something new for the first time. It's also the first time I shared my drawings online.

EDIT
Oh and another one! Because Hidetoshi + John (Hide John?) is my absolute favorite duo,
I went with real life pictures too, trying to imagine how the two would look like in real life. The dog on left is technically East European shepherd, not GSD but nobody will notice anyway. And the guy on right was inspired from an old silly ginga post I saw many years ago, because he certainly looked like John's owner.
Last edited by Kaiken on Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Digsu wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:57 pm whoops my hero/villain swap ended up snowballing into an entire hecking AU my bad

In which Jaryuuki is an old, kind dragon who was driven from his home by Gaou's pack centuries ago, taking up residence in the underground "palace" occupied by Reima's pack in canon. Seeing humans driving them to near extinction, he took pity on the wolves and not only allowed them to seek refuge in his cavern home, but also gifted them with some of his magic, giving them extraordinary powers. However, the wolves grew greedy and wanted the cavern all for themselves, so they turned the power they'd received from Jaryuuki against him and forced the dragon out of his own home. The legends of a five-headed, acid-spewing monstrosity were just a lie created by Gaou's descendants for the sake of making them and their personal warriors, the Hakkenshi - descendants of the "great dragonslayers" - look better, to ensure the unconditional loyalty of their subjects. None but the leaders and Hakkenshi themselves ever knew the actual truth of the matter.

Back in the present day, Fuuga grew disgusted with the lie their kingdom had been built upon and ran away from their home on Hokkaido. Like in the canon universe, he got chased by assassins sent by Reima and got saved by Riki, to whom he taught his Battouga out of gratitude. Continuing on his way, he eventually ended up in the woods of Mt. Fuji and found the "cursed palace" that Jaryuuki had been hiding in for the past two hundred years. Wanting to atone for the crimes of his ancestors, Fuuga agreed to help the old dragon and after Akakabuto's defeat, he went to Ohu to ask the Ohu army's help. Feeling honor-bound to help a former friend of Riki's, Gin and co then traveled to Jaryuuki's hideout, where they heard the entirety of his tragic story. They quickly decided to help him by driving the wolves out of their ill-gotten home. Out of gratitude, Jaryuuki agreed to teach eight of them the same techniques he'd taught to the first Hakkenshi so long ago: the mighty Battougas.

Meanwhile, Reima managed to catch wind of a huge army of dogs led by Fuuga traveling towards his lands. Suffice to say, he's not very happy about the idea of the truth of Jaryuuki's defeat coming to light, and anyone who threatens his kingdom - or the lie that's allowed his lineage to rule over it for hundreds of years - will face the wrath of both him and his remaining Hakkenshi.

oh and since I am lazy the Palace wolves are now the villains, the Imperial wolves don't exist. Let's say that Gaou and his dragon-magic powered pack slaughtered them all when they came to them asking for shelter.
I really like the idea!! :bon1:
Kaiken wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:10 pm Um, I hope this is fine... I tried something new for the first time.

EDIT
Oh and another one! Because Hidetoshi + John (Hide John?) is my absolute favorite duo,
I went with real life pictures too, trying to imagine how the two would look like in real life. The dog on left is technically East European shepherd, not GSD but nobody will notice anyway. And the guy on right was inspired from an old silly ginga post I saw many years ago, because he certainly looked like John's owner.
Awesome! :EXCITE:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Ron and Buru for the Ginga pairs theme!!

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Wolpard wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:50 pm Ron and Buru for the Ginga pairs theme!!

Ohhh awesome! :sasukehearts:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Kaiken wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:10 pm EDIT
Yay John banner!! :EXCITE: :EXCITE:

Excellent picture choices of irl Johns too, they are so cute and awesome :bon2:

~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

GSDJohn wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:26 pm
Kaiken wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:10 pm EDIT
Yay John banner!! :EXCITE: :EXCITE:

Excellent picture choices of irl Johns too, they are so cute and awesome :bon2:

Thank youuu!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:

Return to “Main”