2021 Q1 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
lizaleminou

Re: 2021 Q1 Banner Submission Themes

Post by lizaleminou »

I might have a go at this! Would be nice to do some art for the fandom i love so dearly :D
Lover of Animation, especially involving anthropomorphic characters!
:tfw_bella2:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

lizaleminou wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:09 am I might have a go at this! Would be nice to do some art for the fandom i love so dearly :D
Do it. I’m sure we would love to see what you got. :rigel4:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

I wanted to do a Hero-Villian swap banner for a while, but I wasn't sure who to pick. Then it hit me :orion3: although does this really count if Yukimura is already a psychopath lol

This also kinda developed into an AU like Digsu's banner OOPS, basically in this AU, Shogun and the monkey clan are experiments are P4 and Shogun leads them out using Kaibutsu's escape as a distraction. He leads them peacefully and takes Pepe in as his adopted son. Then Yukimura shows up with his pack, decides he's too good to share the land with the monkeys, and starts a war that results in Joe running away from the conflict, Saheji getting injured and ultimately dying due to a Yukimura hissy fit, and Shogun eventually having to put Yukimura down for the sake of his clan, with Ohu's help of course. So uh yeah enjoy lol
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Just wanna bump this up since January’s close to over!

I’d consider making a banner for Feb but I haven’t found a good replacement for the editing app I had :tfw_sirius5:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

JazzyJazz wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:11 am Image

I wanted to do a Hero-Villian swap banner for a while, but I wasn't sure who to pick. Then it hit me :orion3: although does this really count if Yukimura is already a psychopath lol

This also kinda developed into an AU like Digsu's banner OOPS, basically in this AU, Shogun and the monkey clan are experiments are P4 and Shogun leads them out using Kaibutsu's escape as a distraction. He leads them peacefully and takes Pepe in as his adopted son. Then Yukimura shows up with his pack, decides he's too good to share the land with the monkeys, and starts a war that results in Joe running away from the conflict, Saheji getting injured and ultimately dying due to a Yukimura hissy fit, and Shogun eventually having to put Yukimura down for the sake of his clan, with Ohu's help of course. So uh yeah enjoy lol
I love the idea of this AU! :surprisegin:
Yukimura's violent tendencies would make him a pretty wild villain. And I love the idea of Shogun adopting Pepe :tfw_orion1:

And seeing this thread get bumped last night reminded me that I had another banner in progress I wanted to finish. This one also happens to mention Kaibutsu, but it focuses a bit more on him.

https://imgur.com/a/colPaIh
Another banner that kinda ended up being an AU? Kinda.
So this was supposed to be the hero/villain swap idea.

I put my idea under a spoiler bc it a bit long.
SPOILER
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:02 pm

Yukimura's violent tendencies would make him a pretty wild villain. And I love the idea of Shogun adopting Pepe :tfw_orion1:

And seeing this thread get bumped last night reminded me that I had another banner in progress I wanted to finish. This one also happens to mention Kaibutsu, but it focuses a bit more on him.

SPOILER
I like this AU so much better than the canon Kaibutsu arc story :tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1:

Ending no. 2 is my favorite. I love the idea of Kaibutsu being Ohu's secret weapon.
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:02 pm

SPOILER
Woah!! I love this so much! :bon1:
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:57 pm I like this AU so much better than the canon Kaibutsu arc story :tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1:

Ending no. 2 is my favorite. I love the idea of Kaibutsu being Ohu's secret weapon.
Thank you! :bon1: I think I love #2 for the same reason. He could've torn through Hougen's army
:tfw_rigel1:
kahooton wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:44 am Woah!! I love this so much! :bon1:
Thank you!! :tfw_bella2:
^click me!^
My Socials
Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

I made one for the best ginga couple, Weed and Koyuki :tfw_bella2: This is my second attempt after I failed the first background and I think this one looks a lot better. I'm glad I didn't give up with it.

Full image
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Bonisfab wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:05 pm I made one for the best ginga couple, Weed and Koyuki :tfw_bella2: This is my second attempt after I failed the first background and I think this one looks a lot better. I'm glad I didn't give up with it.

Full image
So adorable :sasukehearts:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Another villain/hero swap!

Short version: What if Masamune was the friendly brother while Yamabiko was the budding tyrant?

Painfully long version:
SPOILER
tldr; Now Yamabiko, aided by Kojuurou, is seeking world domination, Masamune is the one who's on the run from the Kurohabaki and happens to meet Orion (whom he quickly grows fond of, seeing him as the good little brother he always wished he had), and Terumune is still in exile, though for different reasons this time.

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Digsu wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:28 pm Another villain/hero swap!

Short version: What if Masamune was the friendly brother while Yamabiko was the budding tyrant?

Painfully long version:
SPOILER
tldr; Now Yamabiko, aided by Kojuurou, is seeking world domination, Masamune is the one who's on the run from the Kurohabaki and happens to meet Orion (whom he quickly grows fond of, seeing him as the good little brother he always wished he had), and Terumune is still in exile, though for different reasons this time.
Ohh that's an awesome idea! Love the drawings :D

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Oh yeah.. it's February! I better upload the banners tomorrow XD sorry gang
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

New banners uploaded! For this month I'm trialing not having the sidebar credit. I didn't really get an answer about how people would feel about that when I mentioned it before - I think they look better without the bar? For next month, can people submitting banners try including their own image credit? Or not, if you're fine with the credit being left off.
I just think they'll look nicer than me having to make a choice which end of your designs to cover up each time!
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

The banners do look kinda nice without that sidebar credit thing :surprisegin:

But since it's time to get started on March's theme I made a dead meme

https://imgur.com/a/0DMMgMU

....was this supposed to be a serious theme? :P4:

I promise I'll have a more serious one later this is all I had in mind when I saw this theme
^click me!^
My Socials
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:29 am The banners do look kinda nice without that sidebar credit thing :surprisegin:

I promise I'll have a more serious one later this is all I had in mind when I saw this theme
That is cute and funny! XD

Imagine if Kurojaki actually turned into a plushie by magic in the anime. Lol
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:29 am The banners do look kinda nice without that sidebar credit thing :surprisegin:

Dammit, I was planning on doing a dumb meme banner based on this but you beat me to it :OUT:

This is so much more well-done than the half-assed joke thing I had in mind, though.

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

I was waiting for someone to reference this XD love it!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Haha I love it!! :tfw_rigel1:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:02 am That is cute and funny! XD

Imagine if Kurojaki actually turned into a plushie by magic in the anime. Lol
Thank you cx
It would be funny but even funnier if it never happened again and Kurojaki was just the only one for some reason
Digsu wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:04 am Dammit, I was planning on doing a dumb meme banner based on this but you beat me to it :OUT:

This is so much more well-done than the half-assed joke thing I had in mind, though.
Lmao sorry Digsu :tfw_rigel1: I still would love to see yours tho!
thank you though :"3
Arano wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:33 am I was waiting for someone to reference this XD love it!
I'm glad it was pretty much and inevitable idea, thank you xD
Raki wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:09 pm Haha I love it!! :tfw_rigel1:
Ehehe thank you! :tfw_bella2:
^click me!^
My Socials

Return to “Main”