HNY + New Theme Surprise!

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: HNY + New Theme Surprise!

Post by Dragon »

Happy new years!! ^__^
Hope I get to do more GDW chapters and art projects for Ginga this year !! 🎉🎉🎉

ImageImage
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Happy New Year to everybody!!

The new color scheme looks just looks nice :tfw_bella2:. Only thing that the orange theme did better was making emphasis on the topics with new posts (given that it's a very different color to the blue from the topics with no new posts). New posts on the white and blue scheme do stand out, but not as much as they did with orange and blue. The accesibility options are an advantage over the older theme, though!

Edit: Disregard this!! The new theme is completely awesome! :bon2: Now that I got used to it I love it much more than the orange one!! :sasukehearts:
Arano wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:52 pm Regnant can still work on a “Dark mode” version of the board, but for now people who are wanting that please give the widget a try in the meantime - specifically the Contrast ‘Invert Colours’ option and see if it helps! We welcome your feedback :)
:blue: OH YES

The Contrast options don't do the work that well: Invert Colors inverts all the colors, including images that you wouldn't want inverted, and "Dark Contrast" still leaves some parts on white. A separate Dark mode would be great! :orion3:
Last edited by GSDJohn on Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
ZackThePuppy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZackThePuppy »

I like this new theme! Happy New Year everyone!
GrandxSummoner
Recruit
Recruit

Post by GrandxSummoner »

Awesome changes for the new theme.

Happy new year everyone!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Happy Hogmanay from Scotland to all you lovely people! 🎆 Here's to 2021 hopefully being less of a dumpster fire. 🥂

And big thanks to you, Regnant, for your work on the new board theme. I'm loving it! 💙
Cinnabar

Post by Cinnabar »

I really like this new theme! Happy New Year, everyone! Let's hope 2021 will be less of an disaster.
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

ooh shiny gingaboard
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

It looks great! Loving the new coat of paint!
Happy New Year everyone!!!!
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Happy New Year everyone!

Cool new theme Regnant! Oh nifty widget too.

Hoping things start to get better now 2021 is here.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Happy New Year everyone!

I love the new theme a lot! Such a cool change and I really like the color palette! The Accessibility Widget is great too! Thank you, Regnant!
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Eclipse-Wolven
Legend
Legend

Post by Eclipse-Wolven »

Really like the new look! Happy new year to everyone!
Banner by Kairi292 & Avatar by Kasi

My stories (on FF.net):
Ginga Densetsu Weed: Dark Legend
The Chronicles Of Ohu

For he today who sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother...
Sirius

Post by Sirius »

When I logged in for the first time in this year I was shocked when saw the new theme! It is so great omgg!! :nosebleed:
:gin: :monsoon: :mangariki: :orion: :rigel: :sirius: :andy: :unsai: :masamune: :gdwjohn: :bob: :kenshin:
Image made by me
Knight
Potential
Potential

Post by Knight »

Seems like everyone loves the new theme! I don't know if you're accepting constructive criticism on it, but I'm not really a fan.. It's still nice, I just really liked the orange because it stood out more as a contrast to the blue, while everything is now blue. Plus, I associated the orange with gingaboard. but-- there's no reason to change it if it's well loved. And changes are always neat.
Do you think there'd ever be a possibility of adding some theme choices along with 'Dark'? It's not important but the new layout made me wonder.
  ─────────── ʏᴀᴋsʜᴀ :john:
//art by Dragon
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

New theme is really nice. Ironically blue fits Kazuya well😉
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Knight wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:35 am Seems like everyone loves the new theme! I don't know if you're accepting constructive criticism on it, but I'm not really a fan.. It's still nice, I just really liked the orange because it stood out more as a contrast to the blue, while everything is now blue. Plus, I associated the orange with gingaboard. but-- there's no reason to change it if it's well loved. And changes are always neat.
Do you think there'd ever be a possibility of adding some theme choices along with 'Dark'? It's not important but the new layout made me wonder.
I can't expect everyone to be pleased with it XD when the board opened, there were some people who didn't like it then as well. For the minority who don't like the new colours, all I ask is you give it some time to get used to it :)
Rusty
Victor
Victor

Post by Rusty »

Happy New Year all <3
icon by dolan
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Knight wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:35 am Do you think there'd ever be a possibility of adding some theme choices along with 'Dark'? It's not important but the new layout made me wonder.
"Regnant can still work on a “Dark mode” version of the board, but for now people who are wanting that please give the widget a try in the meantime - specifically the Contrast ‘Invert Colours’ option and see if it helps!"
Image Image
Knight
Potential
Potential

Post by Knight »

Regnant wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:43 pm
Knight wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:35 am Do you think there'd ever be a possibility of adding some theme choices along with 'Dark'? It's not important but the new layout made me wonder.
"Regnant can still work on a “Dark mode” version of the board, but for now people who are wanting that please give the widget a try in the meantime - specifically the Contrast ‘Invert Colours’ option and see if it helps!"
What?;; I'm confused, I already mentioned the dark theme in the portion you quoted. I saw that part. I'm asking if there would be others as well eventually.
//art by Dragon
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Knight wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:23 am
What?;; I'm confused, I already mentioned the dark theme in the portion you quoted. I saw that part. I'm asking if there would be others as well eventually.
Oh my bad I misread!!! There are no current plans to add on additional themes besides dark, so we don't have to work on maintaining multiple random themes at the same time. The blue/grey choice was made to match the old board, along with a lot of the colors used by the Silver Fang Network.
Image Image
Knight
Potential
Potential

Post by Knight »

Regnant wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:36 am
Knight wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:23 am

Oh my bad I misread!!! There are no current plans to add on additional themes besides dark, so we don't have to work on maintaining multiple random themes at the same time. The blue/grey choice was made to match the old board, along with a lot of the colors used by the Silver Fang Network.
Oh, alright. Thank you for the explanation.
//art by Dragon

Return to “Main”