HNY + New Theme Surprise!

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

HNY + New Theme Surprise!

Post by Arano »

Happy New Year!

Thank you everyone - both old and new members - for keeping this community thriving as this version of Ginga Board enters its 4th year!

A HUGE thank you to Regnant for giving the board a fresh new look (surprise!), I hope you all like the new theme of blue and grey. Plus, there is now an accessibility widget! Regnant can still work on a “Dark mode” version of the board, but for now people who are wanting that please give the widget a try in the meantime - specifically the Contrast ‘Invert Colours’ option and see if it helps! We welcome your feedback :)
If you can’t see this widget, please try disabling your ad blocker.

Thank you to: Kasi and Crystal of course, my trusted advisors :orion3: Gingastar and Astor for giving the RPG section a fresh plotline injection, and finally a thank you to Akame for being a positive influence and supporter within the Fan Section.

Vanille and Fanta can't escape the love either for keeping us all up to date with GDN, and of course thank you to all the regular posters for keeping the board moving.

For all the rubbish 2020 has brought us, this little bit of internet space is alright I suppose... ;)
Fino
Rookie
Rookie

Re: HNY + New Theme Surprise!

Post by Fino »

Happy New Year! It looks great you guys, very refreshing
Jersokoi

Post by Jersokoi »

Happy new year! Loving the new look!!
:gin: :riki: :ben: :gdwcross: :great: :kurotora: :akatora: :chutora: :moss: :chibi: :benizakura: :kurojaki: :fuji: :john: :minazuki: :hazuki: :kisaragi: :uzuki: :hakuro:
:tesshin: :kyoushiro: :jerome: :toube: :rocket: :hiro: :george:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Happy new year!

I don't really know what to say of the new theme, I've gotten so used to the old one... I do really like the colors, though, so maybe I've just got to get used to it. The topic icon colors suddenly being reversed (dark if there are no new posts and light if there are) is definitely a bit confusing, though.

Also, is it possible to change the color of the little notification bubble thing? It does its job, don't get me wrong, but it's not quite the attention grabber it used to be now that its color matches the background almost perfectly.

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Love the new theme! 😁
Happy new year!!! ❤️
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

The theme is so fresh and cool! *w* and a round of applause to everyone!
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Digsu wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:06 pm Also, is it possible to change the color of the little notification bubble thing? It does its job, don't get me wrong, but it's not quite the attention grabber it used to be now that its color matches the background almost perfectly.

I knew I was missing something! I'll get that fixed soon~
Image Image
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

This looks so gooooooooooooood! Well done! And Happy New Year to ya'll ^_^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Tonizerna
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Tonizerna »

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!
This is so beautiful theme :bon2:
Crystal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Crystal »

Happy New Year everyone! :tfw_bella2:

The new theme looks great!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Thaaaaank you Regnant! I wouldn't have noticed the notification bubble if it weren't for you Digsu XD
Digsu wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:06 pm Happy new year!

I don't really know what to say of the new theme, I've gotten so used to the old one... I do really like the colors, though, so maybe I've just got to get used to it. The topic icon colors suddenly being reversed (dark if there are no new posts and light if there are) is definitely a bit confusing, though.

Also, is it possible to change the color of the little notification bubble thing? It does its job, don't get me wrong, but it's not quite the attention grabber it used to be now that its color matches the background almost perfectly.

RE the topic icon colours, you mean the paws right? They haven't been reversed, it is just 1 colour change (orange to white). The blue paws are unchanged from the previous theme in colour and function so it shouldn't be too disruptive! Swapping them around would have been mean... subtle April Fool idea...
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Arano wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:27 pm RE the topic icon colours, you mean the paws right? They haven't been reversed, it is just 1 colour change (orange to white). The blue paws are unchanged from the previous theme in colour and function so it shouldn't be too disruptive! Swapping them around would have been mean... subtle April Fool idea...
Yeah, that's what I meant. I could have sworn they were reversed... But now that you mention it, I have no idea why it's messing with me so much. Maybe it's because white generally means "blank" and it's making my brain associate it with "no new messages", or because the "no new messages" blue no longer stands out as much because the rest of the theme is a similar color? I honestly don't know.

Regardless I guess it's just my brain being weird and I'll get used to it, so no biggie in any case. :FLY:

quick edit: wait no I think I figured it out: the orange "new messages" paws matched the color on the top/bottom bars (or whatever they're called), whereas now the dark blue "no new messages" paws match them. So basically, according to my brain "matches the bars = new posts" and now that the reverse is true it's confusing me.

...I hope I managed to explain that in a way that makes sense. But it still seems to just be me so again, no biggie.
Last edited by Digsu on Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Loving the new theme! It’s beautiful! :sasukehearts:

Happy New Year, everybody! I hope 2021 will be a better year than 2020! :tfw_bella2:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Rals
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Rals »

I love the new look! If caught my by surprise though haha.

Happy New Year everyone! 2021 won't magically solve the problems that plague this year, but it might get better!
Unbothered. Moisturized. Happy. In My Lane. Focused. Flourishing

Bear photo by Dennis Field
Av by OsoAventuroso
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Oh I will def need time to get used to the new theme. I love the new shade of blue but since orange is my favorite color it will miss it a little hahaha.
I hopefully get to see how the board looks on pc tomorrow~ So far it looks amazing!

But just a lil note. The orange is still there in the top when using mobile.

Image Image
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Happy New Year everyone!! The new theme looks amazing! Really gives the board a cool and calming vibe to it now!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Leomonade wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:48 pm Oh I will def need time to get used to the new theme. I love the new shade of blue but since orange is my favorite color it will miss it a little hahaha.
I hopefully get to see how the board looks on pc tomorrow~ So far it looks amazing!

But just a lil note. The orange is still there in the top when using mobile.

Woop thank you all for catching all these little bits I missed! Working on the fixes now!
Image Image
SaskedieJagerin
Adviser
Adviser

Post by SaskedieJagerin »

Happy new year, you guys <333
And I LOVE the new look, I'm really fond of these colors, amazing job!! *^*
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit