RPG Moderators stepping down

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

RPG Moderators stepping down

Post by Arano »

Gingastar and Astor are stepping down as RPG moderators as life is busy! Thank you both for your ideas and contributions :tfw_bella2:

I am happy to recruit someone else to manage the section. If you use the forum and have your own ideas for how it could work, comment below or send me a PM. Doesn't have to be one person, you could team up with another person like Gingastar and Astor did :)

I'm also open to thoughts on whether the section could work without moderation. We had an unmoderated RPG section previously, but without any kind of guidance or story driven aspect the section died out and wasn't used. I'd like to avoid this and keep it alive for those who do want to use it!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: RPG Moderators stepping down

Post by Spirit Tree »

WHAT?! Astor and Gingastar are stepping down?!
:tfw_orion1:

I wish there would be a way to show our biggest thanks and appreciation for them.
:tfw_sirius5:

Good luck to both of them on what they will do next. ❤️
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Trout
Legend
Legend

Post by Trout »

I think having a fairly laid back moderation of the forum would be ideal. I think moderating character creation is a fairly solid idea because there were questionable characters in the past without it. I think this is one of the things the new RPG forum has gotten right as the moderation has been mostly light on this aspect while still intact as a safeguard. I also think it would be nice to retain the position in the sense that you guys are busy and there are a lot of roleplay posts to watch.

I'd be happy to help either alone or with someone else.
(Probably) GingaBoard's biggest Weed fan.
Crystal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Crystal »

Thank you so much Gingastar and Astor!! <3 Best of luck!
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

I feel like the RPG section's been fine, those of us who are actually involved know well enough that I'm sure we could call out anything bad when and if we see it.
Rusty
Victor
Victor

Post by Rusty »

Trout wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:57 pm I think having a fairly laid back moderation of the forum would be ideal. I think moderating character creation is a fairly solid idea because there were questionable characters in the past without it. I think this is one of the things the new RPG forum has gotten right as the moderation has been mostly light on this aspect while still intact as a safeguard. I also think it would be nice to retain the position in the sense that you guys are busy and there are a lot of roleplay posts to watch.

I'd be happy to help either alone or with someone else.
Agreeing with everything Trout is saying here.

I too am always willing to help out on the forum if help is needed :)
icon by dolan
Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Astor »

Thank you guys!
Mostly I’m just sorry! I had so many ideas for the RPG section but my health became horrendous, most recently landing me in hospital with kidney failure.
While I’m recovering, I realise I need more time to focus on my health and stressing about the board wasn’t helping. I’ll miss my Kurotora rank though! :tfw_orion1:
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Wishing the best to both!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Astor wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:19 pm Thank you guys!
Mostly I’m just sorry! I had so many ideas for the RPG section but my health became horrendous, most recently landing me in hospital with kidney failure.
While I’m recovering, I realise I need more time to focus on my health and stressing about the board wasn’t helping. I’ll miss my Kurotora rank though! :tfw_orion1:
At least you're Kagetora rank for now ^_^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
OreozFox
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OreozFox »

Thank you Gingastar and Astor for being such a big help in the RPG section! I'd love to help, though I'm sure someone with more experience on this site would be better. Still, I have a lot of experience in roleplaying, so if my help is needed, I'll be happy to give it!
Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Astor »

Also, if whoever does take on the role needs any help, please feel free to dm me any time!
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Thank you Astor and Gingastar for all your hard work up until now! Focusing on health is much more important, and I wish the best for the both of you!

I'd also be up for helping to manage the forum, but other people with more experience would be a better bet :tfw_bella2:

Return to “Main”