2021 Q3 Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

2021 Q3 Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

For inspiration, see our banner design archive.

There is no competition, so all banners submitted will be used in random rotation as per the current ones in their designated month. You can create as many banners as you like and if you want to make a banner for all 3 rounds you are of course free to do so :)

Design instructions and how to submit your banners are below the theme details. Downloads have been updated!

July Theme: Worm onion. Deadline end of June plus a bit more as I was late with this
Worm onion is now code for "anything goes". Open theme for this month, including your OC's! + Bonus points if you make a banner featuring exclusively the worm onion himself.

August Theme: GNG Colouring Book Challenge Deadline end of July
For this month your challenge is to only use images from the GNG colouring book! You can download the colouring book here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/lhbo03q0 ... k.zip/file
Colour in, manipulate/edit the images as much or as little as you like.

September Theme: Pure Plastic! Deadline end of August
The new PP plushies are finally arriving, so we are going to celebrate it :) there are two options for this month:
1) For those who have plushies landing this month: use photos of your new PP plushie(s) to make a banner!
2) If not, use manga/anime images of the characters instead! You have a choice of Puppy Gin from GNG, Adult Gin, John, Akame, Kurojaki and Riki.
3) Expert mode: make a banner using manga/anime images of the characters AND photos of your plushie(s).

Banner Creation info/rules:

Design your banner(s) at 1,800px wide by 394px tall at 72dpi.
  • If you have photoshop/GIMP, you can download a template here. Updated with old and new logos 2021
  • If you use any other program, here are the Ginga Board Logo downloads: Original Logo + New Blue Logo
  • The logo does not have to be centered horizontally, it can go anywhere in the space as long as the size stays the same. You are allowed to alter the colour.
  • There will be a credit box added with your name to either end of the banner where space allows (as the current banners show). Please be mindful of this and make sure you leave space at one end.
  • You can use images from the Free Image Gallery/scans of your own or draw the characters yourself. If you draw it yourself, you may include your artist signature in the corner, but otherwise please design the banner free of any text.
How to submit your banner design:

Submit your banner design by uploading it to a hosting site like imgur and posting it in a reply in this topic.
Please save your file as a high res JPEG or a PNG.
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Re: 2021 Q3 Submission Themes

Post by GSDJohn »

BANNER TIME!!

Alright, so since the previous month, I have been working on many new banners that I planned to upload once the theme was AU or Free theme... And the moment has come!! :EXCITE:

I have multiple banners, but I will upload them each one on a separate day so that I can have the time to give them proper descriptions and for each banner to stand out on its own.

All these banners are about the AUs that me and SoullessDog share. We call these the "Multiversal AUs" (As they're unusual and weird AUs where Multiversal travel, advanced technology and overpowered abilities, which we call "multiversal chaos" are frequent). As to how are these "shared AUs" - Soulless is the writer and the worldbuilder, the creator of the concepts and stories. the one who writes all about the background story of our AU characters, detailed descriptions of their abilities and fanfiction of them. Whereas I take part on the graphics part, as well as many other ways to bring the AUs to life such as by making Papercrafts of them and even including stages and characters based on them on my Super Ginga War mod! I also do occasionally write my own stories of these AUs in the form of Papercraft Adventures (and Smiley interactions on the counting topic :jeromeder: ). So even if I was the one who entirely did the banners which I will upload, I'll always be crediting both of us as these AUs won't exist without the creative Doberman that actually came up with the ideas -I just bring them to life through graphics, papercrafts, mods and now banners- :rigel4:

The first banner will be of... Image Devil Tyrant John!

(Debuted on SoullessDog's Multiversal Good and Evil, later became part of John's Papercraft Pack and became a playable character on my game mod Super Ginga War)

Devil Tyrant John is the John version that I'm currently using as my avatar. He is a very powerful, anthro, space-themed, evil version of John from year 3099 that tyrannically rules over 19396 different planets. He created an advanced armor for himself which capabilities such as 4th-Dimensional Access, Time Manipulation (to an extent), the possibility of creating any weapon with the nanotech of his armor, the possibility of controlling the armor using his mind and it having its own gravitational field. He also has many different weapons which he creates, depicted with a rifle here, though his main weapon (shown on his papercraft version which you might sometimes see on my rotating banner) is a transformable bow blade which can fire energy arrows.

He has extremely high speed, intelligence and strength stats -which is not all that impressive on the standards of these chaotic AUs!-, yeah, there are AU characters out there that could outrun or outpower him even if his strength alone is enough to vaporise regular canines and humans :jeromeder:, watch the Super Ginga War battles where he's involved: The game speed limit is removed and infinite items appear on screen, pure chaos! --These stats are the result of several genetic enhancements that he has applied to himself through the centuries.

As an evil version of John, this John is in fact a tyrant, one who wants to rule over all these planets and who has no mercy with these that defy him. He has killed billions of innocents (And this isn't even the highest kill count on our AUs either, they're chaotic, I warned) by destroying entire planets of these who have tried to rebel against him. However, there is a good side to him, and that is, his love for his son :weed: Weed.

Weed is John's adoptive son on this AU, as it takes place far after Gin and Sakura's death. John adopted Weed and does what he can to keep him protected. Weed also has some genetic enhancements which have allowed Weed's lifespan to be increased and for him to be alive at year 3099. John is a very loving parent towards Weed and, when he's not busy destroying planets or creating mass destruction weapons, John spends nice father-and-son time with him. John often has to hide to Weed all the evil actions that he does. Sometimes it's inevitable to hide them from him, though, and sometimes Weed has gotten to witness John destroying planets and all their inhabitants. In these cases, John tries to "soften" the truth to Weed by stating that it was necessary as the inhabitants were cruel or similar excuses. In any of the cases, John often gets to feel a lot of regret: he doesn't feel regret for his actions but he feels regret for how they affect his son. Regardless of anything, Weed still loves his father despite how awful it is to him when he finds out about new cruel actions, and he is actively working on a way to make John overcome his one weakness (Devil Tyrant John is dying due to all the energy he has put on giving himself all these enhancements).

--On year 2434, John had a weaker version of the armor and his abilities: still powerful, but just half as it is now. John's genetic enhancements on 2434 were more basic ones (Super intelligence, durability, speed, strength) whereas the ones he has on 3099 are more complex, including survivability and regeneration abilities that make him very hard to take down.

-Devil Tyrant John's universe is called DTJ-1000. Yeah, the same on my location. I actually sorta started using him as my "Gingasona" once I created his design, now me using Devil Tyrant John avatars instead of normal John avatars :jeromeder:

-The banner first shows him inside his spaceship, Starship Gajou, then it shows his data, and then it shows 4 sprite scenarios with him: Him taking a father-and-son walk with his son Weed, him protecting Weed from other Evil AU characters, him accessing the 4th Dimension and him creating weapons! (The stars being a Super Ginga War reference)

And this is it about Devil Tyrant John, one of the Borderline-Evil AU characters by SoullessDog and me! More info on him on SoullessDog's Multiversal Good and Evil fic collection! See him as a papercraft in my John's Papercraft Pack topic! Play as him or watch CPU versions of him cause chaos on Super Ginga War!
Last edited by GSDJohn on Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

GSDJohn wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:17 pm BANNER TIME!!
SPOILER
I've been waiting for the day that we could reveal the banners. You did good, GSDJohn. I really love how you bring our AUs to life.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

GSDJohn wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:17 pm
SPOILER
LOL omg you beat me to it, John. I was about to tag you and say 'time to make tons of banners of the pixels and AUs'.
Working ahead of time! Really nice job on the banner! Weed being John's adopt son that he loves is so wholesome Q_Q

ImageImage
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

GSDJohn wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:17 pm BANNER TIME!!
SPOILER
Oh man what an interesting read!
Devil Tyrant Joh sounds really cool and I'd love to see what other banners you do! :rigel4:
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

I already knew that these will probably be rejected while I was making them but I had the best idea and couldn't resist!1! :derpgin:

Shrek crossover

And Donkey / Sirius fusion and Shrek / Orion fusion inspired by SoullessDog :derpgin:

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Wonderful banners!! :D
Sandatora wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:22 pm I already knew that these will probably be rejected while I was making them but I had the best idea and couldn't resist!1! :derpgin:

Shrek crossover

And Donkey / Sirius fusion and Shrek / Orion fusion inspired by SoullessDog :derpgin:
These are the banners you see hung up in hell :derpgin:

In a more serious comment the coloring on these is so nice!! 🙂
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Kin banner by Sandatora
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Sandatora wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:22 pm I already knew that these will probably be rejected while I was making them but I had the best idea and couldn't resist!1! :derpgin:

Shrek crossover
This is EXACTLY what I wanted in my heart of hearts 🧅

Edit: score, the board supports the phone onion emoji!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Last edited by Dragon on Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Dragon wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:24 am oh gods, oh no, the shrek onneesSSSS

https://i.imgur.com/GYVAXSg.png

A banner dedicated to the pixel ginga game GSDJohn have made and I (and many others) have been helping with!
I even pixelized the ginga board logo! ^^
Awesome to have a Super Ginga War banner, and just near the ending of the second tournament!! :bon2: :bon2:

I still can't believe my little silly initial project of getting 20 Ginga characters into a game resulted in a full one with >136 characters, all the custom Ginga content and maps including fanon content - Plus everything that has come into existence due to the project, such as the two tournaments, the Misc Battles topic which now has >244 posts, the GIFs, this banner... Benefits of GingaBoard! :EXCITE: --Same thing with my Papercrafts, actually, before I joined GingaBoard, from 2018 to 2020, I only had made 14 papercrafts. After joining GingaBoard and being constantly encouraged by Spirit Tree (and more recently by SoullessDog as well) to make more and upload more stories of them, now I have 67 of them, made in just a few months!! :EXCITE:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Alright! Another day, another AU banner!! :EXCITE:

The following banner is one of my favorites among the ones that I have created, it took the most effort to make, has the most content and between the papercraft banners that I have made, this one features the most crafts and has the most editing!

A banner which shows all of the Multiversal AUs in Papercraft Form!!

That's right! A banner dedicated to all the AUs that SoullessDog and I have created, not just one of them! And they're all in Papercraft form! Took me a lot of effort to make all the Papercrafts and put all of them together in the banner, so hopefully you like this one :EXCITE:

This banner shows five of the most relevant AUs that exist on the "Ginga Multiverse", the collection of AUs that can be seen in the form of many topics such as SoullessDog's Multiversal Good and Evil (Mostly introductory fics to the AU characters), Ginga Crack Fic Collection (Weirder fanfics where the Almighty Family appears) and Weed and Kyoushiro VS Canon-Weed and Jyoushiro (Where the Bad-Canons appear)-- And they can also be frequently seen on my John's Papercraft Pack (Papercraft Photos + stories), Super Ginga War (Some of the AU characters are playable and there's stages based on them), and many Miscellaneous Super Ginga War battles themed around them.

The Universes displayed on this banner are the following, from left to right:
SPOILER
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

GSDJohn wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:04 pm Alright! Another day, another AU banner!! :EXCITE:
SPOILER
I wasn't expecting this one to be next, but I'm glad! This is definitely a very cool banner because it covers multiple AUs that we've created. Even shows the two of us, planning chaotic things.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Last shitpost, I promise...... :derpgin:

Orion faces his greatest enemy yet!

🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Reno
Friend
Friend

Post by Reno »

Awesome banners everyone!!! Every time I look at the theme (Worm Onion) I think it’s says Orion 😂😂 I might have to make one where he is just a word but we’ll see.

Keep up the great work everyone 😊
Image Avatar and banner done by Kasi. Sprite by GSDJohn!
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Alright, this is the last one of the AU banners which I had stored for the banner submissions!

Image Standalone banner for the destructive Atrocity!

(Like Devil Tyrant John, he debuted on SoullessDog's Multiversal Good and Evil, later became part of John's Papercraft Pack and became a playable character -and later an enemy NPC- on my game mod Super Ginga War)

Like I mentioned on the banner with the multiple AUs represented as Papercrafts, Atrocity is a multiversal threat that takes on the form of a giant evil Weed who destroys everything and everybody that he's able to. With a very twisted way of thinking consisting on "Everybody's dead = Peace, because nobody can fight" and with a liking to bring up his plans for devastation as if they weren't a big deal, this is the most destructive of our Dark-AU characters! Often used to have an actually threatening hazard in Papercraft Adventures and Super Ginga War - There's even an stage themed around a city on fire [that he burnt down] and him being there as an NPC and killing any players that he comes in contact with!

The banner is heavily themed around fire, Atrocity is associated both with fire [the worlds he burns down] and darkness, and I chose the fire theme for the banner. The Multiversal Good And Evil quote that better defines him can be seen on the second panel as he burns down the forest and the defeated sprites of Weed, Kyoushiro, Sasuke and Hougen can be seen :OUT:. On the other two panels: One is a reference to a Super Ginga War battle which involved CPU characters idiotically running into him, and the other [The only one with a blue background instead of orange] has him face Devil Tyrant John, who is there to protect his son Weed from his destructive counterpart!
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

I will go to war for Sanda's shrek banners. FULL STOP
GSDJohn wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:37 pm Alright, this is the last one of the AU banners which I had stored for the banner submissions!

Image Standalone banner for the destructive Atrocity!

(Like Devil Tyrant John, he debuted on SoullessDog's Multiversal Good and Evil, later became part of John's Papercraft Pack and became a playable character -and later an enemy NPC- on my game mod Super Ginga War)

Like I mentioned on the banner with the multiple AUs represented as Papercrafts, Atrocity is a multiversal threat that takes on the form of a giant evil Weed who destroys everything and everybody that he's able to. With a very twisted way of thinking consisting on "Everybody's dead = Peace, because nobody can fight" and with a liking to bring up his plans for devastation as if they weren't a big deal, this is the most destructive of our Dark-AU characters! Often used to have an actually threatening hazard in Papercraft Adventures and Super Ginga War - There's even an stage themed around a city on fire [that he burnt down] and him being there as an NPC and killing any players that he comes in contact with!

The banner is heavily themed around fire, Atrocity is associated both with fire [the worlds he burns down] and darkness, and I chose the fire theme for the banner. The Multiversal Good And Evil quote that better defines him can be seen on the second panel as he burns down the forest and the defeated sprites of Weed, Kyoushiro, Sasuke and Hougen can be seen :OUT:. On the other two panels: One is a reference to a Super Ginga War battle which involved CPU characters idiotically running into him, and the other [The only one with a blue background instead of orange] has him face Devil Tyrant John, who is there to protect his son Weed from his destructive counterpart!
I know jack shit about the AUs you guys brew but this is a DAMN COOL banner! I think even if one had no knowledge/intrest in your AU's they would still understand and like the banner. :bon1:
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

KremlinJill wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:50 pm I know jack shit about the AUs you guys brew but this is a DAMN COOL banner! I think even if one had no knowledge/intrest in your AU's they would still understand and like the banner. :bon1:
Thank you so much, Kremlin!! :tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1: :EXCITE: I put a lot of effort on these AU banners, the three of them, trying my best at making them better than my older banners (which were simplistic arrangements of pictures) by adding a lot more content, "scenes" (in the form of banner sections), actually making artwork of our characters instead of using Free Image Gallery pics and in the case of the Papercraft Banner, trying to use photoediting to the fullest instead of simply arranging 4-5 unedited photos. It makes me happy that anybody can appreciate these banners, I put much more to them than on my earlier banners :bon1:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Man I'm really enjoying the banners so far!!! :tfw_orion1:

I want to do one for this month but man
I have absolutely no idea as to what to do for it
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Rick banner to celebrate him winning GSDJohn's tournament!

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Sandatora wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:38 pm Image

Rick banner to celebrate him winning GSDJohn's tournament!
Nice! And congratulations to the newest champion. :bon1:

These new banners are very good.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn

Return to “Main”