2021 Q4 Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

2021 Q4 Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

For inspiration, see our banner design archive.

There is no competition, so all banners submitted will be used in random rotation as per the current ones in their designated month. You can create as many banners as you like and if you want to make a banner for all 3 rounds you are of course free to do so :)

Design instructions and how to submit your banners are below the theme details. Downloads have been updated!

October Theme: Halloween Deadline end of September
1) You know the drill by now, dead characters, ghosts, zombies, you name it! Zombie worm Wanwan anyone?
2) Wake up and choose V I O L E N C E: Ginga has had some pretty epic and bloody battles and character deaths, there's no need to be PG about this - you have my permission to go as gruesome as you want.

November Theme: 50th Anniversary of Takahashi's career Deadline end of October
To celebrate, this theme welcomes banners made from your favourite Takahashi stories/series! This theme is not exclusive to Ginga either, all one shots and other stories Takahashi worked on are welcome.

December Theme: An open fun Christmas theme! Deadline end of November
A cute wintery scene with ginga characters... or a silly meme value Wanwan as Santa, anything goes :)

Banner Creation info/rules:

Design your banner(s) at 1,800px wide by 394px tall at 72dpi.
  • If you have photoshop/GIMP, you can download a template here. Updated with old and new logos 2021
  • If you use any other program, here are the Ginga Board Logo downloads: Original Logo + New Blue Logo
  • The logo does not have to be centered horizontally, it can go anywhere in the space as long as the size stays the same. You are allowed to alter the colour.
  • There will be a credit box added with your name to either end of the banner where space allows (as the current banners show). Please be mindful of this and make sure you leave space at one end.
  • You can use images from the Free Image Gallery/scans of your own or draw the characters yourself. If you draw it yourself, you may include your artist signature in the corner, but otherwise please design the banner free of any text.
How to submit your banner design:

Submit your banner design by uploading it to a hosting site like imgur and posting it in a reply in this topic.
Please save your file as a high res JPEG or a PNG.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: 2021 Q4 Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

Really? We're at the last quarter of 2021 already?

I'm a bit stuck for a November theme... any suggestions?

I hope we get the big Demon King reveal in GDN before Christmas so I can demand a banner with him in a santa hat.
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

I guess I should get back into doing banners lmao

https://imgur.com/a/7q5JHYp

Have Kurojaki coming back as an angry fire demon for revenge
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:05 am I guess I should get back into doing banners lmao

Demonic Kurojaki is epic!

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:05 am I guess I should get back into doing banners lmao

YEEEEEEES! I love this!
Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

This is stunning! Also want to mention that I love the color you used on the logo. So pretty.
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

SoullessDog wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:16 am Demonic Kurojaki is epic!
Arano wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:25 am YEEEEEEES! I love this!
Bonisfab wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:02 pm This is stunning! Also want to mention that I love the color you used on the logo. So pretty.
Ahhhh thank you guys! :tfw_rigel3:
^click me!^
My Socials
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

Well, I certainly went....all-out...

After the closure of the lab, experiments continued in secret over the years, eventually stitching together a multitude of villains into.....this.

Done.
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Spirit Tree wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:13 pm
SoullessDog wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:51 pm
Guys, let's go camping at night with the Ginga characters and let's tell them our "scary" AU stories :rigel4:

Alright, this is a halloween banner based on Good Canons Reacting to AUs, which is a series of fics where SoullessDog reads our stories about our Evil murderous AU Ginga characters to the canon Ginga characters, and they're pretty terrified of it all, especially the Oreo Bastard XD.

On the banner, this is represented by us -along with Spirit Tree- and the Ginga characters being on a dark forest in front of a campfire, and we're telling them scary stories. Especifically, we're reading about Atrocity, the murderer of Trillions... and will probably be reading later about Devil Tyrant John, Demon God Weed... Though they probably wouldn't be able to handle hearing about them. -- But as multiversal chaosmakers we like to have fun and no better Halloween activity than scaring some Ginga dogs :) especially Hougen, who is even scared of us :jeromeder:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

GSDJohn wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:39 am
Guys, let's go camping at night with the Ginga characters and let's tell them our "scary" AU stories :rigel4:

Alright, this is a halloween banner based on Good Canons Reacting to AUs, which is a series of fics where SoullessDog reads our stories about our Evil murderous AU Ginga characters to the canon Ginga characters, and they're pretty terrified of it all, especially the Oreo Bastard XD.

On the banner, this is represented by us -along with Spirit Tree- and the Ginga characters being on a dark forest in front of a campfire, and we're telling them scary stories. Especifically, we're reading about Atrocity, the murderer of Trillions... and will probably be reading later about Devil Tyrant John, Demon God Weed... Though they probably wouldn't be able to handle hearing about them. -- But as multiversal chaosmakers we like to have fun and no better Halloween activity than scaring some Ginga dogs :) especially Hougen, who is even scared of us :jeromeder:
Oh yeah. October banners are going to be spooky and awesome once again. 😏

Love the banner, GSD! :bon1:
The villains are definitely gonna have nightmares forever. :P4:
Mako wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:46 am Image

After the closure of the lab, experiments continued in secret over the years, eventually stitching together a multitude of villains into.....this.

An all-combined Ginga villain?! That is incredible! Nice banner and artwork! :bon1:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

A trio of Johns, ready for trick-or-treating!

Featuring John from Otoko no Tabidachi, John from Shiroi Senshi Yamato, and of course the John we're all familiar with :gdwjohn: .

GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Spirit Tree wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:44 am Love the banner, GSD! :bon1:
The villains are definitely gonna have nightmares forever. :P4:
Aaahh Thank you so much Spirit Tree!! :bon2: Glad you liked it! Now we should go and tell the Ginga characters some spooky Atrocity stories :rigel4:
Digsu wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:55 pm Image

A trio of Johns, ready for trick-or-treating!

Featuring John from Otoko no Tabidachi, John from Shiroi Senshi Yamato, and of course the John we're all familiar with :gdwjohn: .
Hmmmmm 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀

I approve 👀
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

GSDJohn wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:39 am

Ah, I forgot to comment! So sorry!

I love how you made this one, the three of us reading a story to the Ginga characters at a campfire while it's dark. Even the comments from the characters add to the banner. This is cool.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

SoullessDog wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:19 pm Ah, I forgot to comment! So sorry!

I love how you made this one, the three of us reading a story to the Ginga characters at a campfire while it's dark. Even the comments from the characters add to the banner. This is cool.
Thank you so much, Soulless! And don't worry! :tfw_rigel3: I'm glad you liked this banner representation of the AU reacts, Halloween was just the perfect month to bring to life our readings of "scary" stories in the form of the typical scary stories at night camping activity! 👻

Expect more Multiversal Evil banners soon :rigel4:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

AAAA im so excited for the halloween theme!! I have a couple ideas and am sketching them out for now! The banners look great so far!
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

This is such a cool idea holy shit

I'm getting excited for October already, these banners are looking rad so far :tfw_bella2:
^click me!^
My Socials
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

That's really neat! A Ginga-type Frankenstein's Monster! :tfw_bella2:

Hmm... I see Kaibutsu, Shougun, Shancho, Akakabuto, Hougen, Masamune... Did I miss anyone?
Nintakunn

Post by Nintakunn »

Just want to say I like how diverse are the themes. They all look pretty nice and unique and I don't remember it being that way back when I first joined the forum.
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

fantachan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:57 pm

That's really neat! A Ginga-type Frankenstein's Monster! :tfw_bella2:

Hmm... I see Kaibutsu, Shougun, Shancho, Akakabuto, Hougen, Masamune... Did I miss anyone?
You got everyone in one go!
Done.
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Gee Kurotora sure tells some spooky stories huh..?

Enjoy some baby kais getting scared half to death by their uncle(s)!

from left to right we have Nobutora, Harutora, Dodo, Shigure, Buru, Shoji, Kagetora, Kurotora, and Akatora :KRUMP:

Also as a bonus here is a wip shot of Kurotora thinking he's doing all the work spooking his sons and nephews
not sure if aka is supposed to be a ghost or a zombie..... both?

Return to “Main”