2021 Q4 Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Re: 2021 Q4 Submission Themes

Post by kahooton »

running away is easy, it's the leaving that's hard, and loving you was easy, it's the leaving that scarred

ever wonder how yamabiko got his scars? I personally think Masamune tried to get rid of him once and for all in the middle of the night, causing a kick start to Terumune and Koujuurou getting the hell out of there. This could be an au where Masamune succeeds in killing him, and goes on to successfully murder Terumune as well, and with neither of them, he could most likely get the control over Japan he wanted. If yamabiko never met orion, and terumune never raised rigel, everything would be different :Koyukisweat:

the quality is meant to be all crispy crunchy but if there's an issue with it all sized up lmk! I can easily make a higher quality one
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

kahooton wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:21 am Image
running away is easy, it's the leaving that's hard, and loving you was easy, it's the leaving that scarred

ever wonder how yamabiko got his scars? I personally think Masamune tried to get rid of him once and for all in the middle of the night, causing a kick start to Terumune and Koujuurou getting the hell out of there. This could be an au where Masamune succeeds in killing him, and goes on to successfully murder Terumune as well, and with neither of them, he could most likely get the control over Japan he wanted. If yamabiko never met orion, and terumune never raised rigel, everything would be different :Koyukisweat:

the quality is meant to be all crispy crunchy but if there's an issue with it all sized up lmk! I can easily make a higher quality one
That's an interesting headcanon. Sometimes I wonder how Yamabiko got that scar across his eyes. Masamune could have done that. And yet, sometimes I wonder how Masamune got that busted eye...unless it's already explained in GDWO? I don't recall seeing it. Somebody let me know.

And nice banner. :bon1:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Ashizar
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Ashizar »

kahooton wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:21 am Image

I love it :sasukehearts:
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨!
- Shooting Star Gin
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Spirit Tree wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:27 am

That's an interesting headcanon. Sometimes I wonder how Yamabiko got that scar across his eyes. Masamune could have done that. And yet, sometimes I wonder how Masamune got that busted eye...unless it's already explained in GDWO? I don't recall seeing it. Somebody let me know.

I think it says masamune was born with it somewhere but I can’t remember if I read that or just headcanoned it LOL

I always wondered why yamabiko’s scars were never explained... I mean it’s a huge part of his design, and they’re kinda hard to miss.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Digsu wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:53 pm
Mako wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:48 pm
Digsu wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:44 pm I was playing around with the background while finishing my latest banner and accidentally managed to create one of the most cursed images in Ginga history.
SPOILER
save it for October of next year.
I'm pretty sure one of my first thoughts after realizing my mistake actually was "oh god I turned it into a Halloween banner".

So I might just go and do that.
THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FULFILLED :bella4:
kahooton wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:21 pm
Spirit Tree wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:27 am

I think it says masamune was born with it somewhere but I can’t remember if I read that or just headcanoned it LOL
It's never explained, unless Masamune thinking "Father hates me because I was born looking like this" is supposed to also be referring to his missing eye.

I assume he was either born with it or lost it to illness at a very young age, like his real-life inspiration Date Masamune. :THOT:

Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

I love every single submission done for this month oh my gosh. I think this is easily my favorite batch so far and we've just started :tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1:

also...

Digsu wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:36 pm Image

Eye think Halloween is one of those themes with infinite potential.

Going out on a limb, I'd even say it's probably one of the most popular banner themes on the board.

Hopefully nobody ends up scarred for life by all the spooky banners.

:orion3:

I SCREAMED WHEN I SAW THESE
I was seriously thinking to myself back when I was working on my banners "I hope someone does an eye and limb themed one because I don't have any ideas how to set it up / who to use" AND YOU READ MY MIND
I love the little details, like the eye glow in the eyes one, really makes it... pop :orion3:

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Here are my contributions for this month:

Hougen freaks out at the sight of John's ghost. I initially wanted to make this into a Purple/yellow complimentary color scheme, but I figured using halloween colors is more effective.

Hougen rips his brother's brains out. It's sad and dramatic, but it technically still counts as violence. Why do I like making Hougen banners so much?
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

fantachan wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:09 pm Here are my contributions for this month:

Hougen freaks out at the sight of John's ghost. I initially wanted to make this into a Purple/yellow complimentary color scheme, but I figured using halloween colors is more effective.

Hougen rips his brother's brains out. It's sad and dramatic, but it technically still counts as violence. Why do I like making Hougen banners so much?
These are both so well done but that first one is definitely my favourite :bon2:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Another possible idea for the November theme: some sort of "favorite stories/series" theme to celebrate Yoshi's 50-year career as a mangaka, maybe? So you could just make a banner (or several) for whichever of his works you like the best.

There's also the Fanema products theme I suggested earlier.

Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

Raiders was on

Idea was had

Done.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Digsu wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:25 am Another possible idea for the November theme: some sort of "favorite stories/series" theme to celebrate Yoshi's 50-year career as a mangaka, maybe? So you could just make a banner (or several) for whichever of his works you like the best.

There's also the Fanema products theme I suggested earlier.
Thank you Digsu, I've used this as November's theme :)

November Theme: 50th Anniversary of Takahashi's career Deadline end of October
To celebrate, this theme welcomes banners made from your favourite Takahashi stories/series! This theme is not exclusive to Ginga either, all one shots and other stories Takahashi worked on are welcome.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

"There are those who believe that when night descends upon Skyrim Japan, werewolves descend upon the unwary..."

I recently started dabbling in editing Skyrim textures and felt there was some Ginga Halloween potential in it. :FLY:

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Spoopy season in upon us, banners will be updated later today when I'm back at my computer :)
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Halloween banners part 2 are now up, don't forget November's theme guys, not long left!
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Arano wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:28 pm Halloween banners part 2 are now up, don't forget November's theme guys, not long left!
I'm kinda confused by the November theme. It really just sounds like you can make any sort of banner if it's related to any of Yoshi's works, whether it's Ginga or something else. I just wanna make sure I didn't misunderstand.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Arano wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:28 pm Halloween banners part 2 are now up, don't forget November's theme guys, not long left!
Can the banners have multiple Yoshi works?
I want to do one featuring Yamato, Lassie and Lonely Ron :tfw_aokabuto1:

Feeling too lazy to do three banners rip

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Its been a while since I did a banner, so here's a 50th anniversary one! Featuring most of the titular dog characters in Yoshi's works! (Or just main dog character in Zero's case since his name isn't in the title lol) Excluding Ginga spinoffs (GDR, GDA, GDATJ, Gaidens), short story collections (Ginga no Inutachi, Takahashi Yoshihiro No Inu To Kurashitai), and Fang (because it was not written by Yoshi).

From left to right: Yamato, Tosaō, Gin, Gamu, Zero, Weed, Lassie, Orion, Noah
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I love SSY in general but I particularly love seeing how Yoshi's style gradually evolves over the course of it :surprisegin:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:09 am Image

I love SSY in general but I particularly love seeing how Yoshi's style gradually evolves over the course of it :surprisegin:
I agree. To see how it evolve is amazing ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

SoullessDog wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:47 pm
I'm kinda confused by the November theme. It really just sounds like you can make any sort of banner if it's related to any of Yoshi's works, whether it's Ginga or something else. I just wanna make sure I didn't misunderstand.
Yes that is correct, you can use any canon characters/stories done by Takahashi over his 50 years as a mangaka :)
Sandatora wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:16 pm
Can the banners have multiple Yoshi works?
I want to do one featuring Yamato, Lassie and Lonely Ron :tfw_aokabuto1:

Feeling too lazy to do three banners rip
Yes of course! :)
Wolpard wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:55 am Its been a while since I did a banner, so here's a 50th anniversary one! Featuring most of the titular dog characters in Yoshi's works! (Or just main dog character in Zero's case since his name isn't in the title lol) Excluding Ginga spinoffs (GDR, GDA, GDATJ, Gaidens), short story collections (Ginga no Inutachi, Takahashi Yoshihiro No Inu To Kurashitai), and Fang (because it was not written by Yoshi).

From left to right: Yamato, Tosaō, Gin, Gamu, Zero, Weed, Lassie, Orion, Noah
It's so cool seeing them all in one place, really like this one :tfw_rigel3:

Return to “Main”