Ranks

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Ranks

Post by Arano »

Below is a breakdown of all the board ranks and what privileges they have, if any. Gold frames indicate board management, Silver frames are special regular member ranks, Gin-blue are regular member ranks and the black one... you don't want.

All ranks coloured by Kasi.

Admin and Moderator Ranks

Admin rank: Gin

Current Administrator: Arano (Root Admin; board owner)
Manages and makes all the day to day decisions regarding the board and its members.

Technician Rank: Cross

Current Technician: Regnant. This is a special rank made for Regnant, who helped considerably with skinning the new forum and has admin level access to all the "backstage" bits and pieces, but has no general forum duties. This board wouldn't exist without her help!

ImageImage
Retired Admin Ranks: Hakuro & John

Retired Administrators: Kasi (Hakuro) and Crystal (John)
Kasi and Crystal were board admins for many years, they keep their rank out of gratitude for their work!

Fan Moderator Rank: Akame Currently Unused

Past Moderators:
Musica, retired fro the main team in 2019. Musica moderated the Fan Board and contributed to important Admin decisions. She started on the team by helping Crystal manage the Ginga Guardian online newspaper on the old forum.
Akame

RPG Moderator Rank: Kurotora Currently Unused

Past Moderators:
Astor
Gingastar
Rusty

Special Regular Member Ranks
Ranks that are unique from the regular member ranks, but have no moderator capabilities or general forum duties.

Legend Rank: Tesshin

This rank was a perk purchasable from our 2017 Indiegogo campaign to move the board. It is thanks to the generosity of these members and other backing members (full list in the forum credits) that Ginga Board was able to move from an old broken forum to a new one. This rank is a locked rank and will never be obtainable outside of this campaign.

Translator Rank: Zion

Current holders: Chani, Dragon, fantachan, Kretari and Tsudog
This rank is a special token of thanks to members who have helped keep all our information up to date by bringing Finnish and Japanese translations of Yoshihiro Takahashi's works to the board. This rank is open and obtainable by any member who contributes consistently in this way.

Regular Member Ranks
The set of ranks available to general members that change depending on post count. So far only one member of the board has broken the 10,000 mark...

Newbie: Pup Gin [0] > Recruit: Andy [50] > Potential: Bon [100] > Rookie: Kotetsu [200] > Friend: Sasuke [350]
ImageImageImageImageImage

Comrade: Kagetora [500] > Prodigy: Rigel [650] > Seasoned: George/Jouji [800] > Mentor: Sirius [1,000] > Upholder: Izou [1,250]

Fighter: Kyoushirou [1,550] > Soldier: Lydia [1,900] > Adviser: Yamabiko [2,300] > Defender: Rocket [2,800] > Champion: Orion [3,400]

Warrior: Jerome [4,200] > Victor: Yukimura [5,100] > Hero: Joe [6,000] > Supreme: Weed [8,000] > Veteran: Ben [10,000]

Unlucky Ranks

Restricted Access: Bob
This rank indicates the user is in a restricted access group. The administrators may choose to place a user in a custom restricted access if they are struggling to use the board correctly within the board rules.

Banned: Hougen
This rank indicates the user has been banned from the forum.
Tove
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ranks

Post by Tove »

*gasp*
Thanks for the explanations! My silly brain honestly thought that was baby John instead of Andy, this makes so much more sense now :D

Nice job with the colourings, Kasi, as always! ^^
NocturnalBeetle

Post by NocturnalBeetle »

They look great, the colouring looks really fantastic. I love the Translator, Victor and Veteran's rank.
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

is it still possible to contribute to the campaign
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

These are AMAZING!!! Well done Kasi with the colouring! ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Smith wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:01 am is it still possible to contribute to the campaign
Sorry Smith, the campaign closed way back in July. The board was fully funded - hence why it's open for old users now ;)
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

Arano wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:07 am
Smith wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:01 am is it still possible to contribute to the campaign
Sorry Smith, the campaign closed way back in July. The board was fully funded - hence why it's open for old users now ;)
aww shoot, if I had of known about it back then, I would have helped, just feel bad the fact that I didn't help now
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Thanks a bunch for the explanations, and I love the coloring!

(I still kinda miss seeing Sniper as the banned rank though :P)
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

yeah I agree with fanta, the colours are so good
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

fantachan wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:17 am Thanks a bunch for the explanations, and I love the coloring!

(I still kinda miss seeing Sniper as the banned rank though :P)
(no worries, I still miss Shiro being the legend rank for the waaaaaaaaaaay first ones of ranks haha)
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

The coloring on these ranks are absolutely gorgeous <333
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

All of these ranks are colored so phenomenally ❤️ Kasi has done an excellent job.

I must say that I love how many ranks there are, as well as the characters chosen for them. I really love the restricted access rank! Bob was a really good idea for that one : D
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Banner by Sandatora
ZackThePuppy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZackThePuppy »

I am in love with the coloring of these!!! <3 Kasi did a fantastic job as always. That's really clever to have Zion as the translator rank XD.
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

ZackThePuppy wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:57 am I am in love with the coloring of these!!! <3 Kasi did a fantastic job as always. That's really clever to have Zion as the translator rank XD.
I thought so too! I was like.........OH!
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Kasi, I absolutely. LOVE. these icons +__+ You seriously outdid yourself with them!
And the titles are seriously just. perfect. Like Zion and Ben. I kinda wish Smith took Sasuke's place as 'friend', but that doesn't matter.
I love these all so much u3u

ImageImage
MitchFox
Upholder
Upholder

Post by MitchFox »

Of all those dogs, why did it have to be Sirius as one of the mid-tier ranks in between George and Izou? He's a puppy, he almost looks like Weed and he's more immature than Orion! It could have been GB instead... Or even if the ranking title is 'Mentor', then why not Smith or Moss?

Anyway, I like the new ranking system with the colouring and different characters.
Last edited by MitchFox on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

The avatar I have is Justice (Vance Astrovik) from New Warriors comic
Rusty
Victor
Victor

Post by Rusty »

Y'all really out did yourselves with these ❤
icon by dolan
Densetsu No Kage
Legend
Legend

Post by Densetsu No Kage »

Very clear and concise. SOOO many new ones compared to the old board~!

I salute and feel your carpal tunnel Kasi :shock:
Member of the Ginga community since 2008
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

MitchFox wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:18 am Of all those dogs, why did it have to be Sirius as one of the mid-tier ranks in between George and Izou? He's a puppy, he almost looks like Weed and he's more immature than Orion! It could have been GB instead... Or even if the ranking title is 'Mentor', then why not Smith or Moss?

Anyway, I like the new ranking system with the colouring and different characters.
Sirius is meant to be a copy-paste of Weed both in terms of looks and his kindness/pacifist nature when it comes to killing in war. That's why he fits the Mentor rank, his values are like Weed's. These ranks were made before Sirius' current behaviour in the TLW so I can understand why a lot of people might not like him right now, but I still think it's a perfectly fine choice :)
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

I really love the new ranks. They look amazing. Kasi is a coloring legend *bows in the dust*

Return to “Main”