GB's future

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Nara
Potential
Potential

Re: GB's future

Post by Nara »

I don't think the old board is necessary anymore, letting it go would bring the yearly cost down significantly. The current board, however, is priceless and extremely useful as a source of information and for high quality images. I use this site constantly, even though I rarely comment. A Kofi link for the board could help, every little bit helps. Could the board also include paid advertisements?
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

An update:

The old board is going to be taken down, and this board will be moved onto Regnant's hosting to save a lot of cost, which is a lot better for me to handle so fundraising may not be necessary after all!
If you guys still think a ko-fi would be a nice idea to help anyway, do say so.

Regnant is currently busy archiving all the past Ginga Guardians, which will be accessible in 'Ye Olde Board Archives' as closed topics when ready. Before the old board is taken down I may go through and screenshot some topics as well that were particularly nostalgic :)
Werewolfen

Post by Werewolfen »

I know it's not always a super great idea, but have you considered running ads on here?
It might help to keep it running, without having to pay too much out of pocket?

I think it'd be possible to make something that would actually look nice.
And artists sometimes look for places to advertise their commissions! (I know I do ;A;)

There's just not a lot of sites I'd pay to support. ..But this is absolutely one I would!

But yeah all I know is that I'd like to stay a part of this community, no matter where it goes.
There's too many lovely people here høhø! c: <3
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Werewolfen wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:59 pm I know it's not always a super great idea, but have you considered running ads on here?

And artists sometimes look for places to advertise their commissions! (I know I do ;A;)

There's just not a lot of sites I'd pay to support. ..But this is absolutely one I would!

But yeah all I know is that I'd like to stay a part of this community, no matter where it goes.
External ads (like through Google Ads) are probably a definite no, since there are so many bad ads that can sneak in or carry viruses.

Internal ads, actually are... difficult to maintain and keep going with recurring payments. And if it was done as one-time payments the payments often stagnate as well. I even haven't had anyone submit a new ad even for a very low fee in over a year on https://silverfangnetwork.com/partner/

I think if funding is needed, a Ko-fi or other donation system will be more successful and easier to maintain overall :)
Image Image
Werewolfen

Post by Werewolfen »

Regnant wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:07 pm
Werewolfen wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:59 pm I know it's not always a super great idea, but have you considered running ads on here?

External ads (like through Google Ads) are probably a definite no, since there are so many bad ads that can sneak in or carry viruses.

Internal ads, actually are... difficult to maintain and keep going with recurring payments. And if it was done as one-time payments the payments often stagnate as well. I even haven't had anyone submit a new ad even for a very low fee in over a year on https://silverfangnetwork.com/partner/

I think if funding is needed, a Ko-fi or other donation system will be more successful and easier to maintain overall :)
I def agree on that! Jesus some ads man...

I can see how that's another problem as well ;A;

Well, either way, you just holla if/when needed, man! c: <3
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Ginga Guardian Important Note!!!

I have less than 10 more Ginga Guardian Issues to transfer over, and I figured I'd make a note before we take down the old site forever.

Not all images from GG are being copied over!

If there are any images you feel attached to, go save them now because they might not get transferred over. For the sake of time, I did leave out some images or links to images, but made sure to keep important or key ones to the articles and Ginga community.

Examples of images that may be left out:
- Supplemental images in reviews that are just screenshots or cover/title photos.
- Con images that aren't directly related to Ginga-related events or attendees.
- Contest entries that weren't winners/runner-ups.

Many of the images also will have photobucket watermarks. We are saving with the watermarks for (1) time, (2) in case photobucket decides to remove them, and (3) a lot of the images are art, and I personally wouldn't want to continue to share fullsized originals that don't have any sort of watermark. If you would like to save any images without the watermark, open the image in a new tab and then take a screenshot. Directly saving will leave the watermark.
Image Image

Return to “Main”