2022 Q3 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

2022 Q3 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

For inspiration, see our banner design archive.

There is no competition, so all banners submitted will be used in random rotation as per the current ones in their designated month. You can create as many banners as you like and if you want to make a banner for all 3 rounds you are of course free to do so :)

Design instructions and how to submit your banners are below the theme details.

July Theme: Open Ginga Anime theme OR Challenge: Anime Ginga Densetsu Noah Deadline: End of June with 10th July extension
Open theme where you can use the GNG or GDW anime screenshots to make a banner with characters of your choosing!
Or if you're feeling creative, what would a Ginga Densetsu Noah anime look like? Use the GNG or GDW anime screenshots as stock to recolour/edit/trace to create stills from a GDN anime!

August Theme: Female characters Deadline: End of July
This theme is all about giving female characters a spotlight, and a chance to rewrite their history if you're feeling creative! What would it look like if Lydia and Bella were fighting one of the Aka'ari brothers? Maybe Reika could take down Hougen? Feel free to be a violent and bloody as you like in these reimaginings...
Edit: Female OC characters also allowed for this theme!

September Theme: Predictions for the next Ginga Series Deadline: End of August
Ginga Densetsu Noah is over, and a new Ginga story begins in September. What are you predictions for it? Will Orion have a bigger destiny? Will we ever see forgotten characters again? Will it be a separate Gaiden focussing on what happened to Koyuki and Bella?
What kind of story would YOU like to see? Here is your chance to create a banner with your vision!

Banner Creation info/rules:

Design your banner(s) at 1,800px wide by 394px tall at 72dpi.
  • If you have photoshop/GIMP, you can download a template here. Updated with old and new logos 2021
  • If you use any other program, here are the Ginga Board Logo downloads: Original Logo + New Blue Logo
  • The logo does not have to be centered horizontally, it can go anywhere in the space as long as the size stays the same. You are allowed to alter the colour.
  • There will be a credit box added with your name to either end of the banner where space allows (as the current banners show). Please be mindful of this and make sure you leave space at one end.
  • You can use images from the Free Image Gallery/scans of your own or draw the characters yourself. If you draw it yourself, you may include your artist signature in the corner, but otherwise please design the banner free of any text.
How to submit your banner design:

Submit your banner design by uploading it to a hosting site like imgur and posting it in a reply in this topic.
Please save your file as a high res JPEG or a PNG.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: 2022 Q3 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Arano »

Sorry this is so late everyone, I've been so busy I forgot about it!

July's theme has a week extension on it so given everyone a chance to submit :) hope you like these themes, though I need an idea for September! Feel free to suggest!
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

For female characters, could they be OCs as well, or only Ginga female characters?

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

SoullessDog wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:16 pm For female characters, could they be OCs as well, or only Ginga female characters?
Sure! I'll add that to the theme :)
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Okay. I want to try making a banner.

Just one more question: I have this OC I'd like to use, but I'm not sure I can because she only identifies as female when she's actually an intersex. Could I use her or no? Just want to clear that up on the off chance I'd be allowed to.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

SoullessDog wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:51 pm Okay. I want to try making a banner.

Just one more question: I have this OC I'd like to use, but I'm not sure I can because she only identifies as female when she's actually an intersex. Could I use her or no? Just want to clear that up on the off chance I'd be allowed to.
Yes you can use her!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Finally, a use for the genga/douga sets I've acquired :FLY:

Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Digsu wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:55 am Image

Finally, a use for the genga/douga sets I've acquired :FLY:
This is so cool and unique! I love it!

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
๐ŸŒบ Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr ๐ŸŒบ
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

My distain for GDN aside, I can't resist fake anime screenshots. I know this scene didn't exactly play out like this, but if I'm gonna draw GDN I need to make it bareable.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

JazzyJazz wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:22 am Image

My distain for GDN aside, I can't resist fake anime screenshots. I know this scene didn't exactly play out like this, but if I'm gonna draw GDN I need to make it bareable.
It took me a minute to realise he is holding the eyeball XD awesome
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

"idk I just want to take the silhouettes in the first two seconds of the GDW anime and see where that takes me." -the entire thought process behind this banner

Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

This looks so cool!!

๐ŸŒบ Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr ๐ŸŒบ
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Hmm, question! I've been editing some anime screenshots for next months (July) banner, but they've taken a bit of an AU theme. Should I save it for another month?
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor โ™ฅ

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Tenrou24 wrote: โ†‘Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:11 pm Hmm, question! I've been editing some anime screenshots for next months (July) banner, but they've taken a bit of an AU theme. Should I save it for another month?
AU is fine! :)
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

So many ideas, so little time. I feel like a proper adaptation would have Orion meet Bella much earlier.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

JazzyJazz wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:15 am Image

So many ideas, so little time. I feel like a proper adaptation would have Orion meet Bella much earlier.
Perfect banner! If only that could have been canon.
Digsu wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:20 pm Image

"idk I just want to take the silhouettes in the first two seconds of the GDW anime and see where that takes me." -the entire thought process behind this banner
Silhouettes are cool. Nice banner.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Anime flowers~
Image Image
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

๐Ÿ‘๏ธ๐Ÿ‘„๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

................. :derpgin:

Credit for the feet idea goes to Digsu! If these two are too silly to use for this month, that's fine --- I'll repost them for April Fools! :tfw_bella2:

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Sandatora wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:13 pm Image
................. :derpgin:

Credit for the feet idea goes to Digsu! If these two are too silly to use for this month, that's fine --- I'll repost them for April Fools! :tfw_bella2:
Haha I like the jaws one!

Return to โ€œMainโ€