Hotmail/msn/outlook email addresses - Please read

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Hotmail/msn/outlook email addresses - Please read

Post by Arano » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Update as of May 2018:

Despite numerous attempts, Microsoft still has not removed our server off their blacklist completely. All users who have Live, MSN, Hotmail and Outlook email addresses may not receive any email notifications from us. This effects:

Account registration - you will not get an activation email
Password changes - you will not get a new password activation email
This means your account needs to be activated manually by us.

I will be changing the email address for the board in due course to fix this problem once and for all, but until that happens all new registrations will be activated manually by staff. We'll endeavour to check the inactive account list every day; to see if your account has been activated (or re-activated if you changed any profile details that require confirmation [like passwords or email addresses]):

1. Try logging in with your registered username and password 24 hours after you signed up/after you've changed details on an existing account.
2. If you're still having trouble, please email gingaboardrescue@gmail.com

Thank you for your cooperation!

- Arano

It's come to my attention that Hotmail and its cousins Outlook and MSN has consistently been blocking any and all emails coming from the board in the last two weeks, which means some people have had difficultly signing up since registration was opened. It's likely to have been what effected some members not being able to retrieve their existing accounts from the old board as well.

If you have newly registered with a hotmail/outlook/msn address, but haven't received any emails, your account has already been activated by us regardless so please try logging in with the password you set.

If you can't log in, please email me at support@gingaboard.com to receive help.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Microsoft were contacted and the block so far has been lifted!

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: Hotmail/msn/outlook email addresses - Please read

Post by Arano » Fri May 25, 2018 10:27 pm

Update! I've had enough of this problem, I'm going to be changing the support email but until then this is the best work around.

Return to “Main”