Recruit

Re: Saddest death in GNG anime

Post by sword_cats »

There's quite a few really sad deaths, but for me, the saddest was Benizakura
TigerSoda

Post by TigerSoda »

Riki :”)
I’d say it hit harder since he was a favorite.
ken - w.i.p
Skirio

Post by Skirio »

Riki. I really wanted to see some dar and son interactions, that weren't related to Akakabuto... Well, at least there still is the hug from Gin's dream.
Pupis

Post by Pupis »

Definitely Hayato and Benizakura, in fact both are a contrast
Benizakura wanted to die and Hayato didn't
GingaLegend

Post by GingaLegend »

For me the saddest deaths were Riki's and Akatora's. Both of them were one of my favorite charaters and their death were really sad in my opinion.
Anselmo0454

Post by Anselmo0454 »

My saddest deaths are Benizakura and Riki, I would also say Akatora, but the last one was more heroic than tragic.
talghir

Post by talghir »

To me, Hayato's death was probably the saddest and most tragic. Of all the deaths shown over the course of the anime, his was the only one that wasn't predicated by some sense of heroism or guiding or protecting the next generation. He wasn't "brave" in the same way that someone like Riki or Akatora was; he was terrified, crying out for his big brother as the realization of what he'd have to do smacked him in the face. And, for what? To take down a mere single Koga dog out of their large ranks? He also had, arguably, one of the more gruesome deaths. I can't help but feel immense pity for him.

Hyena is a close second, though I think the anime did him dirty by not showing the events following him leaping from the cliff.

I think that I just enjoy the, for lack of a better term, more cowardly characters. They really have to prove themselves and, in some ways, are even more courageous than the stock stoic characters who are willing to throw their lives away at a drop of a hat at the promise of being remembered and revered as a hero. They're also the ones who are most likely to go through something of a competent character arc to become better people. I think it's the same reason that I love GB so much. Their eventual deaths hit all the harder for the same reason; as beautiful and symbolic as Benizakura's demise is, for example, I just don't feel the same level of sadness for him because he's just another generic, strong dog whose personality and ideals don't evolve in the way someone like Hyena's do.
devinitely

Post by devinitely »

benizakura, because not only did he know he was going to die yet faced it without fear, but he also saved gin while doing so. the following scene with the blood on the water and the rest of his comrades crying always gives me a lump in my throat... what a guy
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Riki. Because an opportunity to spend quality time with his son was ripped away from him after regaining his memories.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
qqr112

Post by qqr112 »

Akatora
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

Kurojakiand his soldiers
Kraiko

Post by Kraiko »

Raki wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:48 pm Benizakura, his death was so emotional and sad. He showed everyone what a strong male is. He was awesome. :tfw_orion1:
Akatora, his death was also sad. He saved Ben, offered himself to hurt Akakaboto's eye.
Riki, I was sad to see him die like that. But also happy that he was stay alive in the end and that he finally see that dogs have won the battle. :tfw_orion1:
I agree with Benizakura's death so much. Even though I'm not much of a emotional person when it comes to TV and stuff, the way he sacrificed himself almost made me cry. He truly cared about the other dogs, kind of wish he was mentioned by one of the dogs in the GDW anime.
smith is everything to me :tfw_sirius3: :tfw_orion1: :sasukehearts: :nosebleed:
SENTŌ INU
Recruit
Recruit

Post by SENTŌ INU »

talghir wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:17 pm To me, Hayato's death was probably the saddest and most tragic. Of all the deaths shown over the course of the anime, his was the only one that wasn't predicated by some sense of heroism or guiding or protecting the next generation. He wasn't "brave" in the same way that someone like Riki or Akatora was; he was terrified, crying out for his big brother as the realization of what he'd have to do smacked him in the face. And, for what? To take down a mere single Koga dog out of their large ranks? He also had, arguably, one of the more gruesome deaths. I can't help but feel immense pity for him.
For me it's this by a long shot.

I won't lie, my appreciation for Gin comes with a lot of irony, so the extremely romanticized deaths of characters like Benizakura made me chuckle more than anything. Like you said, Hayato's death wasn't particularly meaningful yet it was given one of the most gruesome and shocking portrayals of death in the anime. His scream (at least in the Japanese version) was so jarring and raw.
wilsonh90

Post by wilsonh90 »

Yukimura for me. :( would have loved to see Weed, Yukimura and Joe reunited. T_T
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

Benzikura.

I miss him already :-:
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:
ICEBOSS

Post by ICEBOSS »

At the start when Riki was falling to chasm (But he didn't die)
And...! In the end when Riki really dies + Iga and Koga when they runned on field and then just fall to spikes
Hrr...!
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

Hayato's death really hurt to watch because he was so scared to die but he risked his life. Also, Benizakura, Akatora, and Riki. Ben's ''death'' in episode 11 made me sad because he's one of my favorite characters and Gin's reaction to him dying broke my heart. :tfw_orion1:
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
nakkiperuna
Recruit
Recruit

Post by nakkiperuna »

The hardest I cried was when Benizakura died. Bro was such a chad. Shame the anime didn't fully show Terry's demise. That would have added so much
Check out my new video https://youtu.be/ACiJJt5DkgE

Just your average enjoyer of manga and anime
scot39

Post by scot39 »

Riki, akatora and benizakura deaths. Until today I recall the moments!

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”