GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin.
User avatar
Wolpard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1031
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by Wolpard » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:27 am

werewolf wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:22 am
Didn't John's owner give him commands in english?
Yes, Hidetoshi taught him English commands

User avatar
werewolf
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 2:21 am

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by werewolf » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:11 pm

Wolpard wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:27 am
werewolf wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:22 am
Didn't John's owner give him commands in english?
Yes, Hidetoshi taught him English commands
So he bought a german breed of dog from Finland, taught him commands in english, took him to africa to hunt and train, them brought him to Japan to live.

That's so weird lol.

User avatar
Wolpard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1031
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by Wolpard » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:40 pm

werewolf wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:11 pm
Wolpard wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:27 am
werewolf wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:22 am
Didn't John's owner give him commands in english?
Yes, Hidetoshi taught him English commands
So he bought a german breed of dog from Finland, taught him commands in english, took him to africa to hunt and train, them brought him to Japan to live.

That's so weird lol.
To be fair, the whole Finland thing was a retcon for GDWO. XD
John is just a worldly guy!

User avatar
Kaiken
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 pm
Location: Planet Earth, hopefully

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by Kaiken » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:11 pm

According to Ginga Wikia here https://ginga.fandom.com/wiki/Akame_(Ukon) with Ukon's and other ancestor's cases, they were all ''Akames'', but their birth names were different.
So, what is Akame's ( :akame: ) original name?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Image
YAMATO4EVER

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3853
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by Digsu » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Kaiken wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:11 pm
According to Ginga Wikia here https://ginga.fandom.com/wiki/Akame_(Ukon) with Ukon's and other ancestor's cases, they were all ''Akames'', but their birth names were different.
So, what is Akame's ( :akame: ) original name?
We don't know.

Even the group shot that shows the "previous Akames" only lists Akame as Akame, which could imply that his name just plain is Akame.

Image



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14308
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by Tora » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:02 pm

Digsu wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:07 pm
Kaiken wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:11 pm
According to Ginga Wikia here https://ginga.fandom.com/wiki/Akame_(Ukon) with Ukon's and other ancestor's cases, they were all ''Akames'', but their birth names were different.
So, what is Akame's ( :akame: ) original name?
We don't know.

Even the group shot that shows the "previous Akames" only lists Akame as Akame, which could imply that his name just plain is Akame.

Image
Either that, or that his original name is not relevant.

As the japanese have more info:
https://www.deviantart.com/toracollita/ ... -484904868
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3853
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by Digsu » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:52 pm

Tora wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:02 pm
Digsu wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:07 pm
Kaiken wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:11 pm
According to Ginga Wikia here https://ginga.fandom.com/wiki/Akame_(Ukon) with Ukon's and other ancestor's cases, they were all ''Akames'', but their birth names were different.
So, what is Akame's ( :akame: ) original name?
We don't know.

Even the group shot that shows the "previous Akames" only lists Akame as Akame, which could imply that his name just plain is Akame.

Image
Either that, or that his original name is not relevant.

As the japanese have more info:
https://www.deviantart.com/toracollita/ ... -484904868
That info is also in the Finnish version, I just edited it out because I felt too lazy to translate it :tfw_orion1:



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14308
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by Tora » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:36 pm

Digsu wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:52 pm
Tora wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:02 pm
Digsu wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:07 pm


We don't know.

Even the group shot that shows the "previous Akames" only lists Akame as Akame, which could imply that his name just plain is Akame.

Image
Either that, or that his original name is not relevant.

As the japanese have more info:
https://www.deviantart.com/toracollita/ ... -484904868
That info is also in the Finnish version, I just edited it out because I felt too lazy to translate it :tfw_orion1:
Oh. XD
I still need to lay my paws on GDA in Finnish
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
oblood
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:47 am
Location: Thailand

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by oblood » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:21 am

In GNG Wolf Arc, Do Gin and Others just decide to keep Riki's corpse like this? It's so weird.

Image

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3853
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by Digsu » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:38 am

oblood wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:21 am
In GNG Wolf Arc, Do Gin and Others just decide to keep Riki's corpse like this? It's so weird.

Image
Yes. GDR also shows Riki's body being kept preserved in Gajou and says that "a saint of dog-kind rests there", so I guess them keeping it around is a respect/reverence thing.

Image

According to Meteor Gin, the cold mountain air essentially mummified him, which is why his body wouldn't decay. Which isn't really how mummification works, but it's a better explanation than nothing, I guess.



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
oblood
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:47 am
Location: Thailand

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by oblood » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 am

Thank you. I must miss it when I read GDR. So... his body might be gone when Gajou got bombed in Hougen Arc. :tfw_sirius5:

User avatar
Kaiken
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 pm
Location: Planet Earth, hopefully

Re: GNG General Questions thread (this topic replaces the spoiler topic)

Post by Kaiken » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:57 pm

There are open air tombs in Turkey, located high up mountains, where they used to keep dead bodies. A graveyard, but up in mountains.
I'm guessing this Riki way is meant to be something similar?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Image
YAMATO4EVER

Post Reply

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”